The iPad Pro is going back ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheLondonFella, Nov 12, 2015.

1. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

For two reasons.

1: Dead pixels.

2: The screen "burns" my eyes!

Holding it like a "regular" iPad, at that same distance is really not good for the eyes.

The text/icons etc are too big at that distance.

Feels like sitting right on top of a TV!

I'm gutted, but I just can't keep it.

I'll wait for the Air 3 ...

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Dead pixels is a definite reason for return. The others, I suppose, are personal preference. But big is big, that's for sure.

3. mdridwan47 macrumors 6502

mdridwan47

Air 3 will be the real deal IMO. Pro is for Pro's. It's too big and heavy for gaming, reading books in bed.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Turn down the light. Sideload Flux. Be a happy dolphin.

5. Macalway macrumors 68000

The Ipad Air 3 will be smokin.

This one I prefer though, for now.

It's pretty much just like a laptop choice. !5", 13" 12" 11" . I have a 15" MBP and a 12" MB.

Push came to shove, i'd just keep the 15". The 15" MBP is a beast, no doubt.

6. BenSCR macrumors newbie

BenSCR

I'm still setting mine up, so I haven't seen what the screen resolution is like yet, as I bought it for it's screen resolution.

My first thought on hold my new iPad Pro is that is way too big, and much heavier than I thought it would be. It doesn't seem like my iPad Air 2 where I could read comfortably, it's seems very cumbersome at present.

I was going to sell my iPad Air 2, but now I'm going to keep it. I always thought the iPad Air 2 was the perfect size and a 12" iPad Pro would be cumbersome, and at present I think my point of view is correct (well correct for my preference). I think Apple should have called this iPad Pro something else as it's more of a computer in feel than something portable like an iPad. At present this iPad Pro even feels heavier than my 15" Retina MacBook Pro.

As this iPad Pro cost a lot of money, I hope I change my mind once I have it fully set up (and hopefully it will be great for drawing and designing). I will give it a go for the next week and if I find it too cumbersome I will send it back for a refund.

7. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

you sound like my dad :p

8. af21187 macrumors 6502

You're gutted you can't hold a 12.9 inch screen the same distance away as a regular iPad.

Brilliant. What did you honestly expect?

9. glhaynes macrumors member

The iPad Pro uses a screen with the same PPI as the regular iPad and the system/built-in apps use the same sized assets. So at the same distance, things should look exactly the same size — just with more space between them in most cases.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I'm a little surprised at the it's too big comments. What did people expect?

11. BenSCR macrumors newbie

BenSCR

I can't see any different between the screen resolution for my new iPad Pro and my iPad Air 2. I'll still give it another week before I decide if I will send it back.

12. RenoG macrumors 65816

Typical, folks immediately run out and drop tons of money on the latest shiny apple gadget only to get it home and realize it doesn't fit there use case. Buy first ask questions later eh. Then come here to complain about it.

13. kormsby macrumors newbie

kormsby

14. sjleworthy, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

just turned mine on for the first time. JEEZ ITS FEKKIN HHHEEEOOOWWWGGGEE! bigger than expected. gorgeous. and lightning fast using my old wifi system (you were right :) ). no dead pixels. much thinner and lighter than expected too.

shame yours has to go back. cant you just turn the screen brightness down mate?

15. wakinghour macrumors regular

That's what Steve said.

16. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I originally wanted the pro but I think Im going to hold onto my air 2 and wait for the air 3

17. anticipate macrumors regular

He might also tell people to go to the gym. Bad joke, yes, but seriously - the weight of the iPad Pro and the 15" Retina Macbook Pro aren't even remotely similar. The laptop is a full FOUR POUNDS heavier. I have both in front of me and I was shocked at how light the iPad Pro really is. So all these complaints coming in that it is too heavy or big... um.. why did you buy a huge iPad then? I mean really.

I will admit that the unit is better weighted in the hands in the horizontal vs vertical position. The vertical position puts a little strain on your wrist. Horizontally it's fine. (The opposite of the iPad Air 2).

I have been able to use this thing in bed actually more comfortably than the Air 2 due the size. It's a beautiful, expansive screen.

If you want a smaller iPad, buy a smaller iPad. I am not sure what people were expecting here.. large tablets are not a new concept.

18. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Prior to this post, I was of the mind that the iPad Pro would be a niche product. However now it does seem like Apple has a very good strategy.

With a bright display, big icons, a larger keyboard area, these are dream iPads for older people, the seniors will love them.

19. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

"Guys, my 55" tv is going back because I'm sitting at the same distance I was from my 32" but the 55" is too big and close at this range."

lmao

20. BenSCR macrumors newbie

BenSCR

I'm really starting to like my new iPad Pro now it's almost fully set up. I'll be keeping mine now!

I am a bit disappointed that the screen resolution looks the same as my iPad Air 2, but I can now see that the iPad Pro brings a lot more functionality out of an iPad device than an iPad Air 2.

The iPad Pro isn't an Apple product I think people with iPad Air 2's should replace it with as an iPad Air 2 is still a brilliant Apple product. But at the moment can see (in my opinion) that the iPad Pro is another level up from the iPad Air 2. Though I think the iPad Pro should be marketed as a computer not an iPad. As it is big, and quite a shock when you first see and hold it. Still early hours for those us who have received it today. Mines still restoring Apps via iCloud from my iPad Air 2, so I still have a lot to see on the functionality of my iPad Pro.

21. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Sorry @TheLondonFella know you were really looking forward to it.

I was drooling at first, but seeing how I do not use the iPad Mini 4 for creativity... there's no way I'd get an iPad Pro now. My attempts to get rid of an iPhone are failing on an epic scale...:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Hopefully the Air 3 will be everything you want and need.

22. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Handled one today in the Apple Store and wow it's huge. Just too big for me

23. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Surprised you aren't complaining about your legs going to sleep when you have it on your lap.

24. TheLondonFella, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015

TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

I expected Apple to use their "genius" to reduce the size of icons, etc.

As it stands, they are MASSIVE on the screen and it made my eyes dizzy!

Everything is just "blown up". Even the MacRumors site is letterboxed, with white vertical bars when holding in portrait.

They should have called this the iPad+ ... because that's what it is.

And don't get butt hurt ... if you're enjoying your "Pro", then good for you.

Cheers, Kaz.

I'm really gunning for the Air 3, now.

What do you reckon ... March?

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Ben.

To be honest, if the dead pixel issue wasn't present, I would have given it more time.

I was just pissed that I'd received (yet) another Apple device (which is essentially just one, big screen) with dead pixels.

You know how you can't un-notice a dodgy pixel, once you've seen it!