The iPad Pro is going back ...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheLondonFella, Nov 12, 2015.

1. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

That's how kids feel when you give them a regular size iPad.

2. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

The iPad Pro is light, as far as I'm concerned.

If it puts ANY strain on your wrists, then you need to lift more & consume some whey protein.

Handled it without issue, with one hand.

If I could have increased the contrast/made things a bit smaller on screen, it would have been ok.

Oh, and of course no dead pixels ...

3. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Wow, people can't come here anymore to voice their opinion on something they own w/o being lashed out at or being labelled as complaining.

4. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

That's what we thought when we first got our iPhone 6 Plus. Now, the iPhone 5 is tiny and Plus is normal. Now, the Plus is tiny and thin after using the iPad Pro.

5. TheLondonFella, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015

TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

Now that I've noticed that dead pixel, it has to go back (being collected tomorrow).

Do you not find the icons kind of ... fat?!

They've not made use of the real estate; everything is just pumped up ...

I hope you get on well with it, mate.

I'm now looking forward to the Air 3 ;-)

Not complaining, doughnut.

Sharing my experience.

HaHa ... that phrase just came to me, as it was drummed into me as a kid!!

By the way, I've climbed Mount Snowden ;-)

Wrong.

10/10, buddy ...

6. glhaynes macrumors member

Which part?

7. WilliamG macrumors G3

What you're describing is pixels per inch. There is EXACTLY no difference between an iPad 3, an iPad 4, Air 1, Air 2 and Pro in terms of pixels per inch. There's just more inches available, but the actual "resolution" of what you're looking at is exactly the same. Just... more space to add more things that you couldn't fit on the older devices.

So yes, if you're looking at something - say a web page, on the Pro.. - it's not going to look any sharper than on the iPad Air 2.

8. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

yes. dead pixel means a send back/replace.

as for fat stylee icons... not noticed too much to be honest. i'm soooooo in love with this thing compared to my ipad2 i dont care! :p the Pro just delivers so much on so many fronts.

as for Mt. Snowden? nope. too far north for me :p

9. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

If you go by the Intel releases, the Spring is when we'll see most of the Mac lineup updated (at least if Intel is ready to go.) And the watch.

The Air 3? I'll be surprised if it's before the Fall, but you can rub that in my face when they're released in the Spring. I won't mind. :p

I see you've heard about my E.S.P. / Clairvoyance sir (Really):cool:: Every so often it works on lottery scratch off games (I know I won before I get the scratch off game, like this morning.) Most of time it's people or package focused (mail.) Try as I might my foresight does not work on tech... :confused:

10. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'm curious with pixels being so small and close how can anyone even see them. Does anyone have any pictures? I'm just curious.
    :)

11. WilliamG macrumors G3

They're no smaller than the iPad 3, 4, Air 1, or Air 2 pixels.

12. 0928001 Suspended

You aren't kidding. But, a fool and his money are soon parted. Especially if it is a new Apple gadget, apparently. No brains, just buy. Come to complain, and when served common sense, call people a "doghnut". LMFAO.

13. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Hold the iPad you have a bit closer... TADA iPad Pro... Then load social networks, candy crush and youtube. Cause that's what its for. :)

Saving £679/$799. Your welcome.

As an iPad mini user i find my wife's iPad Air too big. Pro? Na. Each to their own tho.

iPad Pro, the XXL iPod touch. :D Sorry too many lame jokes.

I like the idea but iPad's are for fun and still one of my favorite devices. Surface with desktop apps is for work and a bit of fun.

I'm sure my wife would love Facebook on it so she will have one one day soon...

14. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

I played with one at Best Buy today, and was amazed at how light and thin it is in spite of its size. I believe it is lighter than the original iPad. I can't wait to get one.

15. Jethrox, Nov 12, 2015

Jethrox macrumors member

Jethrox

im keeping mine...at least until Jan 8th (Apples generous holiday return policy). This is a great time of year to check out all of Apple's new stuff, I have an Apple TV too.

love the logitech lighted keyboard.

is Best Buy selling them? I thought the official release wasnt until Friday.

Did they have pencils?

16. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

When large hi-def flat screens came out, many said they were to big and bright. It took most people about a week to get use to it. Now those same people wouldn't part with their big flat screens. When any one says the iPad Pro is "too" big, that tells me Apple got the size right and made it a separate animal from the conventional iPad size. FYI... the Lenovo Tab 2 Yoga Pro was even bigger than the IPad Pro and I loved its size bit hated its operating system.

17. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I saw the iPad Pro at the Apple Store but didn't have time to try it since I was there for another reason.

Finally earlier this evening I had a chance to try a friends. He's an artist and this isn't his first tablet / stylus experience. He said for his work it should be a good solution.

What trying it did for me was to emphasize that my iPad Air 2 is indeed the ideal size for my usage.

Between Senior Citizens and Artists, Apple should sell enough to justify keeping it in the lineup.

18. TheLondonFella, Nov 13, 2015

TheLondonFella

I go to YouTube, and search for "dead pixel test".

You'll find a video which slowly cycles through the primary colours, then black & white.

Double tap to fill the screen, and enable screen lock.

In a dark environment (I always do this, as I don't want to be watching a video while in bed 4 weeks later & THEN notice a dodgy pixel) just scan all round your screen, searching for any bad pixels ...

I do this with all of my devices.

Especially a £799 iPad, which is essentially one large screen.

You know what really pisses me off?

Just before the last keynote, my neighbour let me have his AS NEW Air 2, WITH Apple leather Smart Case for £100 ... and I sold it, for £170!

I really thought the Air 3 would be unveiled during the iPad Pro keynote, so sold it as I thought the value would plummet (and I could put the 70 quid towards the Air 3).

But I was wrong, and now I'm "stuck" with my trusty old iPad 4.

That's why I was so looking forward to the Pro, as it was intended to replace this 4.

It wasn't considered an upgrade for me, but rather it simply came along at the right time.

You know what? I might even just buy another one & see if I can get on with it.

I'm not knocking the iPad Pro, for one second.

Maybe I was too hasty, but the dead pixel just killed it for me ...

Who's complaining?

You absolute PLUM!

It's a brand new device, so how do I know if it's for me without trying it first?

I pre-ordered as Apple products tend to sell out quick, and I'm not one of these mugs to camp out for a week to physically buy a device!

No brains?

I ordered from the comfort of my own home, had the device delivered to my door, and it's being collected from my door today ... I'd say that's the smart thing to do.

Oh yeah, and Apple customer care have even offered me £80 off of my next order, to "turn around my experience".

Plenty of brains, I'd say ...

19. fm_carv Suspended

fm_carv

I can't even see pixels let alone dead pixels....how do these people spot dead pixels is beyond me....

maybe they're using a magnifying glass of some sorts...

20. Lobwedgephil, Nov 13, 2015

Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Damn, never gone into this much detail, but I did this. Thankfully no issues, no dead pixels. I know everyone thinks you are complaining, but I don't blame you. One dead pixel is enough for return. I hope you have better luck with a new one or another device, your call.

You would be surprised, but don't ask, because if you do find one, you can't unsee it.

21. sparkie1984 macrumors 68020

I always think ignorance is bliss with pixels! If I can't see it then it's clearly not a problem to me

22. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

true. i mentioned mine had no dead ones, but it might. i wouldnt know. or care.

23. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

HaHa!

I got the tip right here on MacRumors, some time back!

I'd rather find them straight away, while the item can be returned, as opposed to finding them down the line & being stuck with the device.

Everyone has their "thing" that they just can't live with (re devices) and mine happens to be dead pixels.

But I know I'm not alone on this one!

Thanks for your positive feedback, buddy.

And mutually, I hope you're content with your current line-up ;-)

24. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

so you're not replacing it? waiting for the new regular size ipad instead?

25. TheLondonFella, Nov 13, 2015

TheLondonFella

http://www.specsavers.co.uk ... you can usually get an appointment for the same day.

If you can't see a black speck, on a white background (or the other way around) then I feel for your eyes.

I'm in two minds.

I definitely don't want to wait until this time next year for an Air 3, but we just don't known when it's coming along?

I actually considered the Mini 4, yesterday. However, I remember everything (text) seeming so tiny on the Mini.

I think the regular sized iPad really is the current sweet spot. A size in between the regular & Pro would be perfect, in my opinion.

How are you enjoying your Pro?

I agree.

But once you see them, you can't ignore them.

Know what I mean?

26. sparkie1984 macrumors 68020

Totally!

Hence why I will not be running it on mine :D

Haven't even opened mine yet as gone away with work until tomorrow.

Brought the iPad with me however I have no wifi to set it up!!!! Schoolboy error