The iPhone 6 is great!

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Nexus 4 user before and got an iPhone 6 Space Grey 64GB.

And wow. Every single thing about it is amazing I also don't feel locked down on iOS 8 like how some people claimed I would be. One of the best phone purchases I've made.

edfoo

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Australia
Let me dampen your excitement down a bit. Renaming photos and transferring movie files is a PITA with my iPhone 6 compared to my previous Samsung Android phone.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
Both me and my wife switched to iPhones and it has been over a month now and we are just as excited. And no we are not as young as most on this board either. So the excitement is real. We used Blackberry phones for many years, then Samsung phones for 3-4 years or so. There is no going back to Android now. I have used iPads since they came out so the iOs environment was not new to us. However i believe that the iPhone with the Wi-Fi calling and full compatibility with the T-Mobile network has made the iPhone the best choice for us.

Come back in a month when your excitement has died down xD

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC

And wow. Every single thing about it is amazing I also don't feel locked down on iOS 8 like how some people claimed I would be. One of the best phone purchases I've made.
I agree. Even Apple will have a hard time topping this device next year

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

great phones, fantastic cameras and blistering fast performance. i agree... just waiting on more apps to be updated to the new iPhones and screen resolutions and also have all these apps with good Extensions support

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Let me dampen your excitement down a bit. Renaming photos and transferring movie files is a PITA with my iPhone 6 compared to my previous Samsung Android phone.

Doesn't dampen my excitement one bit. iPhone 6 compared to any android? Not even close.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Doesn't dampen my excitement one bit. iPhone 6 compared to any android? Not even close.
Ok while for me the iPhone is the better phone, Android devices most certainly are not bad and in fact they are great as well but I bought an iPhone because I had a Mac and wanted continuity.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
OP, I'm really glad you like your phone.

To everyone else... do we really need to start an Android vs. iOS debate in a thread where the OP openly states that he enjoys his iPhone? I mean, what does anybody have to gain except yet another circular discussion where nobody wins and people get pissed off at each other?

MPclk2006

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
Kentucky

Just wait, you will...I have the Note 4 now and I cant believe how much stuff you can do that it would take an iphone to be jailbroken to do it....

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

To everyone else... do we really need to start an Android vs. iOS debate in a thread where the OP openly states that he enjoys his iPhone? I mean, what does anybody have to gain except yet another circular discussion where nobody wins and people get pissed off at each other?
Do you think that Lollipop and iOS are the same?

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Yes.

----------

Just wait, you will...I have the Note 4 now and I cant believe how much stuff you can do that it would take an iphone to be jailbroken to do it....
As I mentioned I have already had an Android phone. I know exactly what it has to offer and no, I still don't feel locked down.

----------

Sorry but they are not even close. One is android and always be and Android in not iOS. At least in our country it is not.
Ah so you have no reason at all for saying what you are saying.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here

Obviously not, but why start an argument where it's not necessary? Are you really going to convince people one way or the other?

I mean, I'm an iOS person all the way, and I always will be. But the reasons why I prefer iOS probably don't mean a single thing to someone who prefers Android.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand

Thank you. I was a bit shocked that Android fanboys were telling me I won't enjoy it for long then iOS fanboys also arguing.

I said I enjoyed my phone please don't tell me I will stop enjoying it shortly.

That's a horrible thing to say especially since I got this as a Christmas present from my Dad.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Thank you. I was a bit shocked that Android fanboys were telling me I won't enjoy it for long then iOS fanboys also arguing.

I said I enjoyed my phone please don't tell me I will stop enjoying it shortly.

That's a horrible thing to say especially since I got this as a Christmas present from my Dad.

At the end of the day, people want everyone to enjoy what they themselves enjoy. It's why you had Android fans trying to convince you that you wouldn't like the iPhone, and now you have iOS fans trying to denounce Android.

As I said in another post, I'm an iOS person all the way. I don't use iOS because I dislike Android, I use iOS because it's just so much better for me. You have to find what works best for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.