The iPhone 6 is humongous! I hate it!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TennisGirl, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TennisGirl macrumors newbie

Am I the only who feels this way about the iPhone 6?

When my iPhone 6 arrived this morning, as I was holding onto it, I realized I made a mistake and never should have ordered this phone. I should have just upgraded to the iPhone 5S. Granted, I was vehemently against Apple increasing the iPhone 5 to 4". When the iPhone 5 came out, the size was outrageous! I love my iPhone 4S and wish Apple would have stayed with 3.5". The iPhone 6 is too hard to use. I have to use it with two hands. How am I supposed to multi-task and use my iPhone 6 one-handed?! I'm seriously thinking of returning my phone or selling it. This decision to increase the size to keep up with Android saddens my heart.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

3. ARSC macrumors 6502

4. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Simple, take it back!

[​IMG]

:apple:

6. TennisGirl thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

8. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

9. RyanG macrumors 6502

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

11. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

Have you tried it with a case yet? I have a Spigen clear case I got on Amazon for $12 bucks and it gives it much more grip. Makes it easier one handed. I'm a girl too, with small hands,but am in love with the 6, perfect size for me. The tiny screens on the 4 frustrated me.

12. TennisGirl thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just the first day, but I already I don't like it. I can't comfortably grip it with one hand. I have to use two hands. It's just too big. When I talk on the phone, it feels like I'm using my iPad. It just looks weird next to my face.

13. tuffigirl macrumors newbie

I'm sorry you're not happy with your phone. I got the 6 plus and I absolutely love it.... but I will admit when I sold my 5S I actually cried. lol Obviously everyone is different and we all use ours in different ways... I don't mind getting used to the two handed operation, quite frankly my fingers are so short I had to use my 5S that way half the time anyway. Why don't you just exchange it for a 5S instead of selling ??

14. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JH88D1O?pc_redir=1411301500&robot_redir=1

In fact when I posted this I was playing around case free and it was much harder without the case.

15. TennisGirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I think that's what I'm going to do. I got caught up in the iPhone 6 hype and bought into the size. When I actually got it in my hands, it overwhelmed me.

16. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

you're making it too easy. lol

17. tuffigirl macrumors newbie

You're not the only one.... I've seen quite a few posts from people who went back to the 5S. For me the choice was easy... I had to squint to do anything so the big screen more than welcome. Good luck... I'm sure you'll have no problems exchanging it. :)

18. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

No way the 4.7" iPhone 6 is almost the same size as an iPad... not even an iPad Mini.

If it's so big then return it. Just be aware that someday soon it's quite likely that 4.7" will be the base size so I guess you are just going to have to quit using a cell phone.

19. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

This forum can be really hostile towards people who complain about anything related to Apple products. :confused:

On another note, I'm sorry you don't like the phone. Like others I would recommend buying a 5S or checking out a smaller Android or Windows device. You're going to have trouble finding something close to 3.5" or 4", although the Sony Xperia Z3 has a very small form factor with a larger screen.

I would keep using the iPhone for a couple of days and see if you can adjust. I've found Reachability to be really useful for using the phone with one hand.

20. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

If this is the case, why did you buy the iPhone 6? Doesn't make sense to me...

21. joeptp macrumors member

OP your not the only one. I can use the iPhone 6 with one hand, but it's not as easy as with the 5S and I don't like that too much. I am giving it a few weeks to see if I can adjust, maybe you should try giving it some more time.

Otherwise, the 5S is the best option.

22. TennisGirl, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014

TennisGirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. My boyfriend was telling me not to exchange it, but I'm not just not ready for the size increase. I told him I'll give it a few more days, but I think I've already made my decision.

Thanks for the kind words.

I got caught up in the iPhone 6 hype and bought into it. When my iPhone 6 arrived, I realized I made a huge mistake.

23. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Well then return it and get the 5S. Complaining isn't going to change anything because it's a done deal. 4.7" will be the new mainstream iPhone screen size going forward. Maybe they will trim the bezel down and make it more compact when the iPhone 7 comes out, but I hardly doubt they are going to make the screens smaller again.

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There are plenty of other phones out there that are smaller than the iPhone 6 4.7.