The iPhone 6 is humongous! I hate it!

TennisGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Am I the only who feels this way about the iPhone 6?

When my iPhone 6 arrived this morning, as I was holding onto it, I realized I made a mistake and never should have ordered this phone. I should have just upgraded to the iPhone 5S. Granted, I was vehemently against Apple increasing the iPhone 5 to 4". When the iPhone 5 came out, the size was outrageous! I love my iPhone 4S and wish Apple would have stayed with 3.5". The iPhone 6 is too hard to use. I have to use it with two hands. How am I supposed to multi-task and use my iPhone 6 one-handed?! I'm seriously thinking of returning my phone or selling it. This decision to increase the size to keep up with Android saddens my heart.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Am I the only who feels this way about the iPhone 6?

When my iPhone 6 arrived this morning, as I was holding onto it, I realized I made a mistake and never should have ordered this phone. I should have just upgraded to the iPhone 5S. Granted, I was vehemently against Apple increasing the iPhone 5 to 4". When the iPhone 5 came out, the size was outrageous! I love my iPhone 4S and wish Apple would have stayed with 3.5". The iPhone 6 is too hard to use. I have to use it with two hands. How am I supposed to multi-task and use my iPhone 6 one-handed?! I'm seriously thinking of returning my phone or selling it. This decision to increase the size to keep up with Android saddens my heart.

Simple, take it back!

:apple:

Comment

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Have you tried it with a case yet? I have a Spigen clear case I got on Amazon for $12 bucks and it gives it much more grip. Makes it easier one handed. I'm a girl too, with small hands,but am in love with the 6, perfect size for me. The tiny screens on the 4 frustrated me.

Comment

TennisGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
It's just the first day, but I already I don't like it. I can't comfortably grip it with one hand. I have to use two hands. It's just too big. When I talk on the phone, it feels like I'm using my iPad. It just looks weird next to my face.

Comment

tuffigirl

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
York, PA and Wethersfield, CT
I'm sorry you're not happy with your phone. I got the 6 plus and I absolutely love it.... but I will admit when I sold my 5S I actually cried. lol Obviously everyone is different and we all use ours in different ways... I don't mind getting used to the two handed operation, quite frankly my fingers are so short I had to use my 5S that way half the time anyway. Why don't you just exchange it for a 5S instead of selling ??

Comment

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JH88D1O?pc_redir=1411301500&robot_redir=1

In fact when I posted this I was playing around case free and it was much harder without the case.

Comment

TennisGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
I'm sorry you're not happy with your phone. I got the 6 plus and I absolutely love it.... but I will admit when I sold my 5S I actually cried. lol Obviously everyone is different and we all use ours in different ways... I don't mind getting used to the two handed operation, quite frankly my fingers are so short I had to use my 5S that way half the time anyway. Why don't you just exchange it for a 5S instead of selling ??
I think that's what I'm going to do. I got caught up in the iPhone 6 hype and bought into the size. When I actually got it in my hands, it overwhelmed me.

Comment

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
It's just the first day, but I already I don't like it. I can't comfortably grip it with one hand. I have to use two hands. It's just too big. When I talk on the phone, it feels like I'm using my iPad. It just looks weird next to my face.
you're making it too easy. lol

Comment

tuffigirl

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
York, PA and Wethersfield, CT
I think that's what I'm going to do. I got caught up in the iPhone 6 hype and bought into the size. When I actually got it in my hands, it overwhelmed me.

You're not the only one.... I've seen quite a few posts from people who went back to the 5S. For me the choice was easy... I had to squint to do anything so the big screen more than welcome. Good luck... I'm sure you'll have no problems exchanging it. :)

Comment

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
When I talk on the phone, it feels like I'm using my iPad. It just looks weird next to my face.
No way the 4.7" iPhone 6 is almost the same size as an iPad... not even an iPad Mini.

If it's so big then return it. Just be aware that someday soon it's quite likely that 4.7" will be the base size so I guess you are just going to have to quit using a cell phone.

Comment

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
This forum can be really hostile towards people who complain about anything related to Apple products. :confused:

On another note, I'm sorry you don't like the phone. Like others I would recommend buying a 5S or checking out a smaller Android or Windows device. You're going to have trouble finding something close to 3.5" or 4", although the Sony Xperia Z3 has a very small form factor with a larger screen.

I would keep using the iPhone for a couple of days and see if you can adjust. I've found Reachability to be really useful for using the phone with one hand.

Comment

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
I was vehemently against Apple increasing the iPhone 5 to 4". When the iPhone 5 came out, the size was outrageous!
If this is the case, why did you buy the iPhone 6? Doesn't make sense to me...

Comment

joeptp

macrumors member
May 13, 2014
OP your not the only one. I can use the iPhone 6 with one hand, but it's not as easy as with the 5S and I don't like that too much. I am giving it a few weeks to see if I can adjust, maybe you should try giving it some more time.

Otherwise, the 5S is the best option.

Comment

TennisGirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
You're not the only one.... I've seen quite a few posts from people who went back to the 5S. For me the choice was easy... I had to squint to do anything so the big screen more than welcome. Good luck... I'm sure you'll have no problems exchanging it. :)
Thank you. My boyfriend was telling me not to exchange it, but I'm not just not ready for the size increase. I told him I'll give it a few more days, but I think I've already made my decision.

This forum can be really hostile towards people who complain about anything related to Apple products. :confused:

On another note, I'm sorry you don't like the phone. Like others I would recommend buying a 5S or checking out a smaller Android or Windows device. You're going to have trouble finding something close to 3.5" or 4", although the Sony Xperia Z3 has a very small form factor with a larger screen.

I would keep using the iPhone for a couple of days and see if you can adjust. I've found Reachability to be really useful for using the phone with one hand.
Thanks for the kind words.

If this is the case, why did you buy the iPhone 6? Doesn't make sense to me...
I got caught up in the iPhone 6 hype and bought into it. When my iPhone 6 arrived, I realized I made a huge mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I got caught up in the iPhone 6 hype and bought into it. When my iPhone 6 arrived, I realized I made a huge mistake.
Well then return it and get the 5S. Complaining isn't going to change anything because it's a done deal. 4.7" will be the new mainstream iPhone screen size going forward. Maybe they will trim the bezel down and make it more compact when the iPhone 7 comes out, but I hardly doubt they are going to make the screens smaller again.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.