The iPhone 6 Plus is the "Must-Have" Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Sep 12, 2014.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes, because I prefer the larger screen, and everyone must prefer what I prefer.

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

If you can deal with the size it truly is the better phone of the two.

3. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i totally agree, i have had my heart set on the 6 plus since before i knew it would be called that and it was just a rumor that apple would release a phone with such a big screen

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Someone mentioned that the phone is just taller than a personal size checkbook.

I imagined a full checkbook (checks only, no cover) was the phone today, and it didn't seem too bad. I was surprised. I even order a 6.

I order a 6 Plus on an additional line, but it will take 3-4 weeks. I may give one to family or return one *IF* I find one or the other that much better, but that is not my intention right now. We simply have no baseline right now.

Therefore, I will get two of our lines on each phone, and then decide if they will serve both users nicely, or if both should be Plus, or if both should be small.

5. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

I'm not sure we can say that with certainty yet. Optical Image Stabilization is a big deal undeniably. But there are some other things going on under-the-hood that may make it a lesser experience overall than the iPhone 6. We won't know for sure until the reviews are out next week, and some of us ourselves have had a chance to play with both devices.

6. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

its is funny all the Steve Job lovers talked about all they need was a 3.5 screen and everything over was too big, blah, blah.. Now there the reason why I won't get my Plus on launch Day, because they flooded the servers in their underwear last night,lol. you know what, take the plus first, experience what you've been missing. No more eye strain for you.......

7. thehustleman macrumors 65816

I'll take a Nexus 6,at least it will have new features.

8. cornerexit macrumors regular

I remember when Brittney Spears was the #1 artist in America and people were telling me her album was "must have". :D

9. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

lol .. I didn't expect to find a comment that would illicit real laughter!

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Does this mean my iPhone is going to shave its head and get married in Vegas?

11. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Don't be hating on my Brit Brit now aha.

12. accountforit macrumors 6502a

In day to day use, I doubt you would be able to tell any performance difference other than the fact that the PLUS is harder to handle.

13. refect macrumors newbie

14. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Also bad battery life, a craptastic cellular connection, and a shoddy Wi-Fi connection. Nexus phones are good, but after use, it becomes obvious where Google has cut corners to keep the price down.

15. MalR macrumors newbie

16. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Optical image stabilization, superior battery life, and full HD are enough for me to wholeheartedly feel the Plus is better overall.

Now, if the 6 also had a 1080p screen and OIS it would be a different story.

17. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Until benchmarks show its slower, because it has to do a lot more processing.
    1. many more pixels' doing x3 resolution
    then 2. sampling that down 15% to the actual 1080p resolution.
    *cpugate*

And blurry low light photos. OIS compensates for photographer hand motion for shorter shutter, thus more light captured..., but doesnt account for subject movement. So people, animals, such will be blurry with slower shutter.
    *cameragate*

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, and now that HD has been officially recognized by Apple, we can now enjoy a real HD, errr, I mean, Retina screen on our phones...

19. Open Arc macrumors newbie

I have used a bigger phone on and off. After a little while with it, feels weird going back to my 5s. Doesn't take long at all to get used to them.

20. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I've been jealous of big Android phones for a long time. They are very nice, beautiful HD screens. I play with them at the store and then look at my puny 5 and have screen envy.

But iOS won me over. So I picked the 5. But I still had screen envy.

I'm glad Apple finally released a big phone with a real HD screen. Now I have the best of both worlds. HD and iOS.

1920x1080. About freaking time.

21. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

The thread title, and the news article, are misleading. We don't know how many iPhone 6+'s were available for preorder vs iPhone 6. Without knowing that it is impossible to tell if the 6+ has so far outsold the 6.

22. gman901 macrumors 6502a

Will the 6 Plus play Hearthstone? That would be sweet if it does!

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I like you. Have an upvote. :)

:apple:

24. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Another guy who buys into the SMALL differences Apple pointed out to sell the phone.