Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttNB

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Nor' Jersey & New York (Twi-State)
Apples new financing/lease plans look good too! I'm going to stick with AT&T this year, then maybe next year do the 12 month lease with apple and have AppleCare+ added into the monthly. I usually sell my phone 1st, then the wife checks it out for a few, then Christmas comes, she gets the new model, and hers gets listed. Someone gets a great phone for Christmas, and she upgrades her IPhone. I keep my phones in great shape. Only thing this year is that I'm listing it a lot higher than before. With the 2year subsidy, I used to just get what I payed for it and the remaining AppleCare+ factored in. So in September I would list my 64GB XX model at $525-$535, after Amazon clears their cut I'm with About $445-455. Christmas time, I would list them for a little less $490-480, and walk away with $405-. Just to keep the cycle moving. I was only trying to make back the same out of pocket expenses for the new iPhone at the moment. They would literally sell within the 1st day of listing. And around the holidays, I figured if someone is buying it as a gift, I'm in the holiday spirit(s) so why not...;):D

Reactions: pdxmatts

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
I'm just hoping that T-Mobile has their **** together this year with the preorders. Last year was a nightmare. Stayed up from 1am-3 and ended up preordering around 7am over the phone. I ended up getting my phone a week after launch.

sppunk

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Apple says on the app you can enter phone provider details and select "remember me" to save for when pre-order goes live.

However I see "remember me" nowhere on the app on my iPad. Anyone else?8

OC40

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Chicago, IL
My wife is ordering the 6s 64GB in Rose Gold. I can't decide between the 6s or 6s+ 64GB! I think that the 6s+ may be a bit too large for lugging around in my front pockets...

Grumpy-bear

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
You are right indeed, I did post a correction in the other thread as I am getting my times mixed up!

Sorry just to confirm the UK launch time, it is 8and not 6am right? Some of us like our beauty sleep... Rather struggle to wake up before the sun. It might have already been mentioned somewhere but there's soooooo many posts and threads that I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Sorry just to confirm the UK launch time, it is 8and not 6am right? Some of us like our beauty sleep... Rather struggle to wake up before the sun. It might have already been mentioned somewhere but there's soooooo many posts and threads that I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks
Indeed, it will be 08:01 am! I highly recommend you try to get up for half seven in that case just to be safe? XD

zmiller834

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
AT&T looks to be having a choppy night already. Checking upgrades on their online store for any reason kicks this back "There was a problem with your request.We're sorry but we are unable to process your request online.(P1300)"

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I forget how it worked last year, but must we do upgrades to preorder? Can we pay full retail per line of service on preorders?

seh80

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
Chicago, IL USA
I'm going straight to apple and paying outright this time. I was one of the forgotten by tmobile last year, I preordered at midnight, believe I had it in hand in either late Oct or early Nov. The most ridiculous pre order disaster I've ever experienced. Seriously hoping Apple does a better job. They'd have to. o_O

Reactions: Clingpeach

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2014
Going to be going for the 64GB Silver 6s Plus, Unlocked. Also bought a matching dock and leather case to go along with it. I expect they will be sold out after pre orders

zmiller834

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
AT&T was the first site up and the first to crash, gave up, and pre-ordered using the Apple Store App. Hopefully I can change my next plan later.

SashaBolt

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2015
Feels like the hunger games for this pre order. Everyone counting down till its time to beat everyone for a rose gold phone. Also I totally called it for Rose Gold disappearing first from Apple's Stock. Australia has no more left at all.

Grumpy-bear

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Indeed, it will be 08:01 am! I highly recommend you try to get up for half seven in that case just to be safe? XD

I did it :)

Set 5 alarms and was ready and raring to hit that refresh button. Managed to get a 64gb rose gold iPhone 6S by 8:12 am. Now I've had my breakfast, been for a walk, returned to my iPad, had a quick recheck -only to find most of the iPhone 6S variations are still available for delivery on the 25th :mad:

What did you go for?

Reactions: Apples n' Stone

Grumpy-bear

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Feels like the hunger games for this pre order. Everyone counting down till its time to beat everyone for a rose gold phone. Also I totally called it for Rose Gold disappearing first from Apple's Stock. Australia has no more left at all.

All variations or just the 16Gb?

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
I did it :)

Set 5 alarms and was ready and raring to hit that refresh button. Managed to get a 64gb rose gold iPhone 6S by 8:12 am. Now I've had my breakfast, been for a walk, returned to my iPad, had a quick recheck -only to find most of the iPhone 6S variations are still available for delivery on the 25th :mad:

What did you go for?

Brilliant! Still you are much more likely for Day 01 delivery, I did it through the app right on the dot. I belive it was about 08:06? 128GB Plus for me and I thought I would get my Dad a present. Midnight blue case for me too.

May the Francis be with you! (launch day)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 148

tecnho

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
I ordered a 6S 64gb att contract free from the apple app within a couple minutes of the app becoming available. In my confirmation email it is showing a 15 dollar upgrade fee, what is the reasoning behind this upgrade fee from att?

fsumom

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2010
I tried to preorder on Verizon but it wouldn't let me change our plan to the new plan. It was trying to have my husband stay on an individual plan and have me either stay with my current plan or choose a share plan but none of the options had the new plan pricing.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Space gray 128gb 6s+ att next for me
Rose gold 64gb 6s+ att next for my wife

Ordered both at roughly 3:15am edt. It would have been sooner but Apple's app store app didn't start working until 3:07 and then AT&Ts servers were crashing. Finally got everything through. Still have not received any emails from Apple...

9/25 delivery for both phones.

#tired

asharahmed

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2014
Got my order in at 3:05AM, within 1 minute of the site going up. Right now processing and "Delivers 9/25 - 9/29"

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I tried to preorder on Verizon but it wouldn't let me change our plan to the new plan. It was trying to have my husband stay on an individual plan and have me either stay with my current plan or choose a share plan but none of the options had the new plan pricing.

Once you get the phone, you can either call VZ support or go to the store and upgrade to new plan. I'm in the same boat, but left my family plan for an individual plan for myself with VZ's new 3GB data plan 3 weeks ago. If your a current subscriber you have three options. replace your current line and retain your current plan, add a new line with the new data plan but have a different number, or create a separate account with your current phone with VZ's new data plan which would change after your bill cycle.

fsumom

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2010
Once you get the phone, you can either call VZ support or go to the store and upgrade to new plan. I'm in the same boat, but left my family plan for an individual plan for myself with VZ's new 3GB data plan 3 weeks ago. If your a current subscriber you have three options. replace your current line and retain your current plan, add a new line with the new data plan but have a different number, or create a separate account with your current phone with VZ's new data plan which would change after your bill cycle.

Thanks. I actually was able to have my friend's husband (vw rep) order ours this morning with a delivery date of 9/25. Fingers crossed it's not a fluke as my cracked iPhone 4 is on its last leg.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.