Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
12:01 AM PDT is 3:01 AM EDT. Apple uses PDT and if they say preorder on the 11th of September, they mean 12:01 AM PDT on the 11th of September. I'm not sure how it works in the UK, however, but in the states, it means what I just said. However, I'd be ready to go at 12:00 AM PDT. Start checking then.
I have thought about this since, it actually turned out to be 08:01 UK time for the Apple Watch. I have no idea where the 6 o'clock came from. My bad.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Well I bought a spigen case for the 6s. Just in case I'm lucky to get one early.

Well, looks like you are right. I found some 6s Plus cases on Amazon.
The Poetic bumper case will look good on that 6s Plus gray, I'm hoping to get. I'm careful with my devices so I prefer the bumper. I've gone naked but would rather have something light on the phone. I'll wait until my pre order is actually placed before ordering a case though. Not only am I not sure of the color selection (till the 9th) but also uncertain whether I'll be successful in pre ordering from AT&T.

Looks like they ship on or around September 15th.
I was surprised to see this. Didn't check until I saw your post.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I am nervous about preorder. Verizon said I don't have an upgrade, but they have an early upgrade option where they take $200 off any smartphone. The only way to take advantage of that is in store or on the phone. :\ Has anyone been successful with calling in at midnight (pacific time) to preorder?

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
The Poetic bumper case will look good on that 6s Plus gray, I'm hoping to get. I'm careful with my devices so I prefer the bumper. I've gone naked but would rather have something light on the phone. I'll wait until my pre order is actually placed before ordering a case though. Not only am I not sure of the color selection (till the 9th) but also uncertain whether I'll be successful in pre ordering from AT&T.

Looks like they ship on or around September 15th.
I was surprised to see this. Didn't check until I saw your post.

I saw it on the UK preorder thread. I ordered Liquid Crystal Clear case from Spigen. It will match any color. Later
I will get more cases, since I like to switch them around.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
So the assumption right now if we want to buy the new iPhone at full retail, we have to opt for the Verizon version since its unlocked? During last years release when was it confirmed that VZ had the unlocked version?

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
I have the at&t unlimited data plan, but I've always ordered from Apple online store. The at&t rep said I can keep the grandfathered unlimited data, but they're not doing the 2 year contracts from Apple anymore. This needs clarification, I don't mind the "Next" plan philosophically, but I don't see that there's any savings from the "Next" plan, since I have to pay an extra $35 a month to pay it off in 24 months.

If I simply buy it full price unlocked, can I simply trade out the nano sim card from my iPhone 5S? With the "Next" plan am I paying nothing out of pocket at time of purchase with the extra $35 tacked onto my monthly bill?

My iPhone 5S is white/gold, my prior iPhone 4S was white/silver (both 64 GB) I'm going with the iPhone 6S 128 GB, probably in Space Gray this time around, although I wouldn't object to any of the other colors. My hunch is the Rose Gold will be the trophy color and less available this year. I wouldn't mind it, but it's not something I'm dying for.

I want to look into ordering online and doing the store pickup if that's an option. I ordered the 4S preorder and got it on release day. The iPhone 5S was ordered 45 minutes after the hour and I didn't get it for something like two weeks later, they sell out in a hurry.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I have the at&t unlimited data plan, but I've always ordered from Apple online store. The at&t rep said I can keep the grandfathered unlimited data, but they're not doing the 2 year contracts from Apple anymore. This needs clarification, I don't mind the "Next" plan philosophically, but I don't see that there's any savings from the "Next" plan, since I have to pay an extra $35 a month to pay it off in 24 months.

If I simply buy it full price unlocked, can I simply trade out the nano sim card from my iPhone 5S? With the "Next" plan am I paying nothing out of pocket at time of purchase with the extra $35 tacked onto my monthly bill?

My iPhone 5S is white/gold, my prior iPhone 4S was white/silver (both 64 GB) I'm going with the iPhone 6S 128 GB, probably in Space Gray this time around, although I wouldn't object to any of the other colors. My hunch is the Rose Gold will be the trophy color and less available this year. I wouldn't mind it, but it's not something I'm dying for.

I want to look into ordering online and doing the store pickup if that's an option. I ordered the 4S preorder and got it on release day. The iPhone 5S was ordered 45 minutes after the hour and I didn't get it for something like two weeks later, they sell out in a hurry.

I'm in the same position. You can get the 2 year contract with subsidized pricing. To verify this, just go to your account and select upgrade. They will offer the NEXT program but you'll also see the 2 year contract option. I went to the AT&T Store and saw the 2 year contract option as well. While it's true that you can not get the 2 year contract from the Apple Store any more, you CAN still get the 2 year contract option from AT&T.
Be warned though that they will try to get you off of unlimited data and try to push you to get the NEXT plan. That's been my experience with AT&T.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010

Because of the publicity surrounding Apple's statement that the size change is very minor, I wonder if people are really producing cases specific to the 6S and 6S Plus, or if they're at this point just saying that they are.

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
I... but I don't see that there's any savings from the "Next" plan, since I have to pay an extra $35 a month to pay it off in 24 months.
I agree with you that it's not necessarily the best deal for the consumer.

The only problem that I see with this is that your Next Plan device will be locked both to AT&T and might be locked to your account. You won't be able to sell it, will you?

JerryCooke

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
Bath, UK
Because of the publicity surrounding Apple's statement that the size change is very minor, I wonder if people are really producing cases specific to the 6S and 6S Plus, or if they're at this point just saying that they are.

This has been my asumption, there is no other reason for Spigen, for example, to be selling cases for £0.99 other than to clear stock for their actually new 6s cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.