The iPhone 6S+ Lags, quite bad.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Oct 22, 2015.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

First off, I am not new to iOS. I have used it since iOS 4.0. I recently purchased a space grey 128GB iPhone 6+, previously coming from an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.4 installed. The experience the 6S+ gives is truly quite awful. I compared both phones side by side and my god, the 5 running iOS 6 was so much more fluid and responsive, compared to my $900+ toy I just got. Better yet, my wife who got the 6S (4.7" phone) has zero issues. I played with hers and the 6S runs circles around the 6S+. It feels so much more fluid and smooth, especially when scrolling.

I did a clean install of iOS 9.0.2 and afterwards is when I had issues, like, very jerky animations, tapping on an app and waiting a few seconds, or the tap not registering, the phone completely freezing, stuttering when scrolling, and horrible performance with the new app switcher. It ALWAYS lags and stutters, unless I turn off transparency. Really? yep.

So how is it Apple could put out a phone that performs this bad. Nothing has improved with yet ANOTHER clean install of iOS 9.1

2. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors regular

I came from an iPhone 5 to my 6s plus and there is no comparison for speed

Not sure what's wrong with yours

3. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe some are just more noticing of it. It's definitely there. the device should not be doing this with a clean install of iOS.

4. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

No issues here, either. I have a 64GB 6S+ Silver (VZN)

I'm guessing it's something w/ your device. My animations are fluid, apps immediately open, etc.

When I got my phone I did an immediate clean install of 9.0.2, then an upgrade to 9.1 B5 and now the 9.1 release.

I can't complain. You're assuming what you're seeing is everyone, and we just don't notice. I've had many iPhones, Android phones, Blackberry's and even the old HTC 6800/TREO 700W Windows phones. I've been a phone person since I worked in the industry back in 2003-2008, and I'm a huge tech geek. So I notice when I have performance issues (my last Android phone probably went through 15 different ROM's and 30 different Kernels due to noticing oddities).

Nobody is denying you're having an issue... just saying I can't replicate it with mine so far, and I would notice.

NOTE: I just noticed your transparency comment. Other than turning off some Location items I never use, and background data for only a few items. I haven't modified any of the delivery / UI items at all. So everything else is on.

5. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I've noticed lag on my 6, but any 6s models I've played with (both store/display models and others) have not had any lag.

I feel like if you are experiencing lag, it may be because the 6s+ has to drive a 1080p display compared to a 750p display on the 6s. I know that shouldn't happen, but it did last year on some 6+ phones so it may just be a problem with the higher res displays. It could be that, or, like others have said, a specific problem on your device.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm not noticing it because it's not there. There must be something wrong with your phone. My 6S Plus does not lag at all.

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Nah it doesn't.

Sounds like you have a dodgy unit. Either that or you have downloaded something that is causing this.

8. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Echoing others in here that there is next to no lag on my 6S+ whatsoever.

People with dodgy units really need to quit preaching their cases as if they're the norm. Quit spewing nonsense.

9. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

The iPhone 6S+ at the Verizon store has the same kind of lag. Maybe some just don't brush it off as "lag". But its there, not just my phone, but the 2 at the Verizon store.

10. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Again... it's not there on mine. Sorry to tell you, but it's not. I am running 9.1, and not 9.0.2, but it's not there on mine at all.

I just jumped through 15 varying menu's, camera, 2 intense games (fallout shelter / madden), and a handful of quick open/close apps, and it was all smooth in terms of the accessing/transitions.

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Trust me i had Samsung phones the last 3 years, Now that is lag.

12. Anand953 macrumors regular

No issues with my 6s+ either.. Absolutely loving it.. Your unit seems to have issues. Get it replaced at the earliest

13. qawsed macrumors regular

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Maybe yours lags but we are all very happy with our S+ iPhones, our office now is up to 5 of them.

My S+ is way smoother and faster than the old 5S much less a 5.

IF all 6S+ lagged like you say this forum would be going nuts, that is common sense!

Take your "toy" back if you do not like it.

15. Mr.C macrumors 601

So you apparently noticed lag on your phone and two others. On the other hand the majority of people posting in this thread state they do not have lag on their phones and there are no major threads indicating such a thing. Again this is obviously not inherent of all iPhone 6S Plus models and there is most likely an issue with yours that may be the cause of the so called lag.

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

His was on iOS6, a crucial point to ponder...

17. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

First up, an iPhone 5 running iOS6 is about as smooth and speedy as an iPhone has ever been. Secondly, what you are describing regarding lag and goodness knows what else is more applicable to the 6+ released last year. I had nothing but lag, freezing, crashing and reloading with that device but the 6S+ absolutely blows it away. Admittedly I'm coming from the dire, appalling worst iPhone ever (6+) so anything half decent is going to perform like an absolute beast after that. I dare say that any of the recent iPhones are going to perform less satisfactorily in terms of outright smoothness than an i5 running iOS6. It's the benchmark.

18. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

So you know what level of smoothness I am use too. Why has this changed on newer iphones with much better hardware? It makes zero sense that a 2012 device is more fluid and feels faster than a late 2015 device.

19. minimo3 macrumors regular

Yeah I was at the Bose store trying out some headphones and it was driven by an iPod touch with iOS 6. Wow I forgot how smooth and good looking iOS used to be, especially the music app.

20. petecee macrumors member

petecee

A friend is running iOS 7 on an iPhone 5. I have to admit it's so much smoother than mine (iPhone 6 on 9.0.2).

21. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I haven't noticed any lag at all on my 6s+. Honestly I noticed lag on my old iPhone 6 quite a bit. So the 6s+ has been a welcome change for me.

That said I'm pretty sure you know what lag is and I won't tell you that you're not seeing it because it's your phone not mine. However do you think it would do you some good to go to the Apple Store and try to get it switched out? Maybe your device has some issues going on with it that everyone else's doesn't...

Know what I mean?

22. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

Since my clean install, the only issue I am seeing is stuttering in the animations. I also get jerky scrolling. The new app switcher (which sucks) is always stuttering when loading a new app Like its dropping frames per second or something.

23. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

iOS 6 was the best apple software they ever made. You can't compare the pre school iOS they use now lol.

24. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

OP, check your apps and maybe your settings. I've got no lag on my iPhone 6s Plus.

25. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Me neither, ny 6S+ is great. However, the iPhone 5 on iOS6 was the smoothest of all time. Nothing like it since and even though the latest S models are fantastic, the software has lost that Rolls Royce feeling.