Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Least Trusted Profession

• Mechanic

Votes: 22 16.1%
  • Car Salesman

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • Lawyer

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Doctor

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Politician

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • Police Officer

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Home Contractor

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Other: Please Specify

Votes: 13 9.5%

• Total voters

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Retail workers. They thank you for your patronage but I'm pretty sure they'd like to punch you in the head.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Retail workers. They thank you for your patronage but I'm pretty sure they'd like to punch you in the head.

Agreed.

Unless they're working on commission, I'm sure they'd rather you stayed out of the store.

And if they're working on commission, I'm sure they'll try to sell you something that you don't need/want.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
With politician highest up on this poll, it tells people who don't vote that they should.

The more that people vote, the more accountable politicians have to be. Will it make them 100% percent honest? No. But a bigger percentage of voters will hold them to be more accountable.

As for car salesman, I have no idea.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
:rolleyes:
Yeah, get rid of them. That'll improve society!

:rolleyes:
I don't recall anything ever being said about getting rid of the profession which is being stated. I just recall the question being the least trusted, I trust police officers the least of all professions followed by politicians. But unfortunately both are necessary evils.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I don't recall anything ever being said about getting rid of the profession which is being stated. ... I trust police officers the least of all professions followed by politicians. But unfortunately both are necessary evils.

You're correct about the poll question, of course. My sarcasm is directed at the posture you've taken, and now reinforced. I suppose you must have had some bad experiences with police officers. I haven't, but I know at least one person who has, and I wouldn't trust that particular small town police officer as far as I could throw him. But generally, I find all police officers that I encounter to be worthy of my trust.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I would have selected Dentist if it was an option.
We had Dentist A for years but he grew old and retired.
Dentist B took over. In terribly broken English he told me I needed fillings galore and should book them right away, needless to say I didn't and dropped him as my dentist.
Years later I saw Dentist C who said my teeth were perfect and didn't need anything doing, not even a polish. Confirmed by Dentist D 6 months later.

I guess we also had Shipman. He was my girlfriend's GP too.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Real Estate Agents.

A close second would be food service workers. I'm pretty sure the percentage of times that the little emo teens and potheads spit on my food would be disturbingly high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.