Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

O-Sho

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
thanks hb, I just ordered the 13" from amazon. It was 18.99 + tax + shipping. $24.59 total. Sure beats the special $40 cases at the Apple Store.

----------

Get the one I just got.

The incase one? I was looking at that actually. Did you get it from Amazon or BH?

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
The incase one? I was looking at that actually. Did you get it from Amazon or BH?

Yes, the Incase one. I ordered mine from Amazon just cause the total order was $5 cheaper than B&H. Also on B&H for free shipping the estimated shipping date was 7-10 days, whereas on Amazon my Est. Delivery is Aug 2-7, which lines exactly up with my MBA order.

The only downside is that it doesn't ship directly from amazon. Rather it's sold by a store called "onSale" which as I understand, is a crapshoot, in terms of reliability.

I just hope everyone here doesn't order this all at once now and screw up my order, lol. I think amazon says they only have 8 left or something.

O-Sho

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
thanks hb, I just ordered the 13" from amazon. It was 18.99 + tax + shipping. $24.59 total. Sure beats the special $40 cases at the Apple Store.

----------

Get the one I just got.

Yes, the Incase one. I ordered mine from Amazon just cause the total order was $5 cheaper than B&H. Also on B&H for free shipping the estimated shipping date was 7-10 days, whereas on Amazon my Est. Delivery is Aug 2-7, which lines exactly up with my MBA order.

The only downside is that it doesn't ship directly from amazon. Rather it's sold by a store called "onSale" which as I understand, is a crapshoot, in terms of reliability.

I just hope everyone here doesn't order this all at once now and screw up my order, lol. I think amazon says they only have 8 left or something.

Thanks for the advice

jeremyx

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Any tips for a simple messenger bag for 13" MBA? I was looking at the Muzetto bag with a sleeve from SFBags / Waterfield, and I really like how they look but would prefer something little bit more affordable. Any ideas for similar looking bags for 13"?

jameswdmb

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
I just bit the bullet and ordered the Muzetto for my 13" Air. A big chunk of money for a bag, but every review I see for them is outstanding and several have noted their durability. Looking forward to this:

Attachments

• muzetto_laptop_black_lg.jpg
    muzetto_laptop_black_lg.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 161

audix

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2012
I just bit the bullet and ordered the Muzetto for my 13" Air. A big chunk of money for a bag, but every review I see for them is outstanding and several have noted their durability. Looking forward to this:

Now I want more.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Any tips for a simple messenger bag for 13" MBA? I was looking at the Muzetto bag with a sleeve from SFBags / Waterfield, and I really like how they look but would prefer something little bit more affordable. Any ideas for similar looking bags for 13"?

You should just buy a really slim sleeve like the incase or LA robe, and then get a standard messenger bag. It'd be cheaper than the ones custom fitted for Airs. Yah?

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Wow, 13" Incase sleeve just jumped from $18.99 back to $39.99 on Amazon.com (sold by onSale). Congrats to anyone who got it in time.

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I feel sort of embarrassed to tell you I have bought a $6 sleeve from ebay for my new AIR, so I' will say that I have got the cool $100 BookBook case instead!:p

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
I have a BookBook for my MBA11 and bought one off Amazon for an MBA13 and the odor from the case caused me to return it. It was not the pleasant smell of real leather. It was a chemical smell that did not dissipate. My MBA11 case was fine. The MBA13 was not.

sarah11918

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Canada
I'm considering this for both the 11" MBA and a bulky camera (not DSLR, but a Canon super zoom "bridge" camera that's almost as big as an entry DSLR):

Incase DSLR Sling Pack
Apple Store (.ca) link

Amazon (.com) link

Any other suggestions for something along this line? Anyone have this bag and like or dislike it?

I want something specifically as a small carry-on for international/Europe flights that is worn over the shoulder and guaranteed to fit under the seat. I know the DSLR camera set up is overkill since I don't have other camera gear like additional lenses.. But my carry on is mostly for electronics & accessories (MBA power brick and cords, camera battery charger, phone, cables, external hard drive, adaptors etc.) so I thought the organization might be useful.

My current bag is a 2-year old, $5 nylon/plastic, ugly as hell, steal of a deal from Winners. It's held up surprisingly well for what it is, but it's showing major signs of wear and I just don't want to trust my gadgets to this bag much longer!

It's difficult to get in the headspace of finding a bag for both the incredibly slim MBA and this monster of a camera, so I've switched to looking at camera bags that happen to hold an 11" MBA.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
I just received my InCase 13" Macbook Air Neoprene Sleeve! I can't believe I picked this off Amazon for $18.99! I feel like I robbed a bank or something. And it delivered in only 4 days!! I was a little worried I wasn't going to get this in time for school because the seller on Amazon (onSale) had a 57% Rating and they'd been known to cancel orders without telling you a few days later, but here it is! Brand spankin' new!

The 4th picture shows my new 13" Air sleeve next to my Incase sleeve for 15" Macbook Pro/Powerbook.

BTW, though the 13" case is no longer $19 from onSale, the 11" Incase sleeve has been marked down to $19.

http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Neoprene-Sleeve-Macbook-11-Inch/dp/B004J19IPE

If you own a 11" Air and you are deciding on a sleeve, you should jump on this. You can thank me later. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 135

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I just received my InCase 13" Macbook Air Neoprene Sleeve! I can't believe I picked this off Amazon for $18.99! I feel like I robbed a bank or something. And it delivered in only 4 days!! I was a little worried I wasn't going to get this in time for school because the seller on Amazon (onSale) had a 57% Rating and they'd been known to cancel orders without telling you a few days later, but here it is! Brand spankin' new!

The 4th picture shows my new 13" Air sleeve next to my Incase sleeve for 15" Macbook Pro/Powerbook.

BTW, though the 13" case is no longer $19 from onSale, the 11" Incase sleeve has been marked down to $19.

http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Neoprene-Sleeve-Macbook-11-Inch/dp/B004J19IPE

If you own a 11" Air and you are deciding on a sleeve, you should jump on this. You can thank me later. :)

I ordered one of these and a satin speck case yesterday from amazon. Half price compared to apple

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
I ordered one of these and a satin speck case yesterday from amazon. Half price compared to apple

I hope the speck case fits in the sleeve. I don't have my Air yet but from what I've heard/read/seen, it's a pretty tight fit.

jameswdmb

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
Received my Muzetto Brown w/ black trim for the 13" air .......as good as promised so far. Appears to be a very well made bag.

I am normally fairly thrifty, but I do not regret the expense of this purchase one bit. It looks like it will stand the test of time and make the purchase well worth it. Thanks Waterfield Designs!

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
Found a pretty interesting backpack tonight... not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread... but it doesn't come up when I search for it...

It's by a Korean company called SevenT7... and it's called the Suit Bag... a great combo iPad/Laptop bag.

The only real way to order it by the looks of things is to go via their Korean site, or internationally via a few eBay stores.

It has some pretty interesting design ideas, like a window sleeve for your iPad... which could be a quick/easy way to use your iPad while on a subway or commute, or a funny way to cruise around with animations playing on your back! Haha...

Inside pocket also fits an iPad, and I suspect could easily fit an 11" Air as well.

Also has a pretty slim profile making for light freight.

There's also a main pocket for a larger laptop, or perhaps your Air, or maybe a few magazines, documents etc..

The only thing I think looks a bit cheap is a few of the trinket pockets on the inside front flap - could be nice to find a few pouches that sit inside them to pad things out a bit - or maybe some double-sided velcro to seal them off better.

It also has a hidden rain jacket in the back for rainy weather...

Pretty into it ... Just ordered it!

Check it out : http://sevent7us.com/52

Also a nice review in Korean I found here, which you can garner a half decent translation from with Google: http://verminone.blog.me/30119957613

Screen-shot-2011-02-06-at-11.24.55-PM-300x266.png

Last edited:

seared.ahi

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
Found a pretty interesting backpack tonight... not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread... but it doesn't come up when I search for it...

It's by a Korean company called SevenT7... and it's called the Suit Bag... a great combo iPad/Laptop bag.

The only real way to order it by the looks of things is to go via their Korean site, or internationally via a few eBay stores.

It has some pretty interesting design ideas, like a window sleeve for your iPad... which could be a quick/easy way to use your iPad while on a subway or commute, or a funny way to cruise around with animations playing on your back! Haha...

Inside pocket also fits an iPad, and I suspect could easily fit an 11" Air as well.

Also has a pretty slim profile making for light freight.

There's also a main pocket for a larger laptop, or perhaps your Air, or maybe a few magazines, documents etc..

The only thing I think looks a bit cheap is a few of the trinket pockets on the inside front flap - could be nice to find a few pouches that sit inside them to pad things out a bit - or maybe some double-sided velcro to seal them off better.

It also has a hidden rain jacket in the back for rainy weather...

I think I'm pretty sold on it! Definitely a cool looking bag!

Check it out : http://sevent7us.com/52

Also a nice review in Korean I found here, which you can garner a half decent translation from with Google: http://verminone.blog.me/30119957613

It's a cool looking bag cause it looks so modern and utilitarian, but there are several issues with it IMO.

- It looks uncomfortable as hell. The product description couldn't make us feel any better either; nowhere does it mention anything padding, shoulder straps, or it being comfortable.
- The branding all over the bag is just plain ugly.
- You become a giant target. Everyone will know this is a laptop bag and putting your iPad in the front is just plain stupid.
- Price: You don't get much backpack for $116. If want to wear your computer on your back, I'd rather get a really high-end and versatile Jansport ($70-80) and then a neoprene sleeve.

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
I actually thought it looked pretty comfy. I use a MONO Flyby laptop zip-off most of the time and it looks very similar, and the MONO is extremely comfortable.

Hmm. I don't want much back pack tho I guess. Since I'm carrying an Air I wanna keep things down in the weight department.

And I've never been a target with a laptop bag before! Hopefully not with this one either ;)

Oh, and the branding is easily fixed with a fix of my own! (I quite like the triangle tho) :)

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I feel sort of embarrassed to tell you I have bought a $6 sleeve from ebay for my new AIR, so I' will say that I have got the cool $100 BookBook case instead!:p

Update:
Got the Bookbook for my baby and threw straight to the garbage bin the cheapy ebay sleeve!:)

toiletpaper55

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2008
got a 13" MBA a week or 2 ago and got the city slicker from SF bags and a sleeve from picaso labs. both are really nice, although the sleeve is a bit more red (lighter) than i had expected. cannot fit laptop w/ sleeve on in the SF bag as the fit is tight:

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 205
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    610.4 KB · Views: 224
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.