Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
The iPhone 6 plus will be the mother of all returns or return gate.

Too many people ordered wanting the big iPhone not realizing how huge it was. Get the smaller 6

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Speak for yourself, not everyone has envy issues. I already have a case for my 6 plus and it's just fine.

Why do all the "kids" have to come on the forums and try to justify their purchase...

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
maybe. a lot of people seem satisfied with their 6 plus... don't let the small sample size here on the forums trick you.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I think so. Although many people are happy with it, it's true that many many many will return it. It's their fault for not thinking about how big it is before purchasing.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
I can use the Plus just fine...even one handed.

In fact I just had to remind myself of the Reachability feature.

I think a lot of people who initially got the Plus got it because of the spec bump over the 6 without considering the size for day in and day out use.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Both my husband and I are thrilled with our 6 Plus's. It is a great phone, the screen is gorgeous, and I love the battery life (over my 5s). There are definitely no regrets here. Maybe some do regret buying the 6 Plus, but I would bet some also regret buying the 6. Especially all those that are buying the 6 because the stores are sold out of the 6 Plus.

Sandman1969

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
And A LOT more will be keeping theirs.

I am Very happy with my 6+ It will definitely take some getting used to with the huge increase in size. But I have a nice slim case that came with a belt holder; which I will probably never use, as the phone fits in my slacks, shorts and jeans pockets without issue.

I do wish they made the 6 a little thicker to have a little bigger battery. Mainly for my wife as the 6+ is definitely a little unwieldy for her.

I already picked up some stereo Bluetooth headphones with mic which I will start using.

The screen in this thing is so flipping amazing, and the case I put on it didn't add too much girth to it which is a plus.

Kind of a pointless post.

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
People buy and use the Note, so people will buy and use the 6+. If a phone the size of the Note wasn't going to work out, there wouldn't be a Note 4. So people like it.

Personally I'm not into a large phone (tried the original note, too small for PDFs and too big for everything else) so I bought the 6. But I'm not going to knock people for buying a bigger phone. It's too subjective.

darkredcaffeine

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I can't help but think that the vast majority of people who say "loads of people who got the 6 Plus will be returning because they didn't realise how big it is" are just trying to justify their purchase of the standard 6 and are slightly unsure of themselves that they've made the right choice.

Bored of threads like this. Plenty of people prefer the 6, plenty of people prefer the 6 Plus.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Vast majority of people who got the 6, settled because the 6+ was out of stock and they wanted the new phone on release day

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Vast majority of people who got the 6, settled because the 6+ was out of stock and they wanted the new phone on release day

That's what I presume also. Its always the 6+s that sold out first, then the Apple reps would announce it. Thats when people walked off, or stayed in line looking like they are going to settle. Dont get me wrong, clearly there were people there specifically looking for the 6, but the 6+ seemed like the hotter commodity.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I went into the Apple store today, as I have a Plus on pre-order to help me decide. I really enjoyed using the plus, when I picked up the 6, it was kinda boring. Looks like I will be keeping the Plus pre-order. Initially really thought I would cancel.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
I bought the 6 plus and love it to bits. So much that I just bought the wife the 6 plus today too. Phone envy is just phone envy. I wonder what phone the OP has?

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
I wanted the 6+ from the beginning and even after having both in my hands and still want the 6+ .

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
While I was returning my plus and getting a six I could hear all kinds of people talking about the plus being too huge.....they are right. It's beyond big, Apple should not have made the plus that huge.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
The iPhone 6 plus will be the mother of all returns or return gate.

Too many people ordered wanting the big iPhone not realizing how huge it was. Get the smaller 6

Damn, I miss the down vote button.

People will get whatever suits their needs. Just because you think there will be a ton of returns doesn't mean there will be.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Damn, I miss the down vote button.

People will get whatever suits their needs. Just because you think there will be a ton of returns doesn't mean there will be.

^^ This ^^

I wonder how many times "go big or go home" has been said on this forum in the last month. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.