The "my MB/MBP" is flawless thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gothamm, Feb 6, 2008.

1. gothamm macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to let you guys know that my 2.2 SR macbook purchased back in november...is flawless :D no hardware issues, no software issues...no nothing.

When I first joined macrumors before buying my mb, I was a bit disappointed as i stalked the forums only to see that every 1 out of 3 threads are from people posting problems with their books (flaws like LED screens, backlight keyboards, discoloring, hd crashes, software crashes, wifi problems...the list is endless).

Since everyone makes threads about problems, I might as well even the keel and let you know how flawless and well constructed my macbook is =]

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

3. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

I bought mine end of October. I've had a few minor issues along the way, but all have magically resolved (silent fixes in updates, I presume) along the way. As of now I have 0 outstanding gripes. I love it.

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Bought my Late 2006 version MBP in April '07. No flaws. It's perfect.

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I bought mine the end of November, and have had zero problems. Only complaint is that the Black gets so dirty looking.

6. a4abt macrumors regular

mine is also working great! Bought it in December (knocking on wood ;) )

7. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

White MacBook. Zero issues. Runs perfectly. After over ten PC laptops this is by far my favorite one. OS is lightning fast, no crashes, fast start up and shut down, not bloated down with needless software.

Perfect machine.

8. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Purchased mine on June, just after the WWDC. Has been flawless.

9. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Mine's great!!! It got even better today after I upgraded the RAM!

10. gothamm thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. goose1873 macrumors member

Mines only a week old...It better be flawless...honestly though, it's my first mac and I will never go back...never.

12. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Mine isn't flawless, it has that delayed-response keyboard issue. It's because of a loose keyboard connector, apparently. But I haven't taken it to Apple for repairs, and probably will not bother.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

There are millions of Macs out there, and we often read about maybe 10 people having dire issues. When I subscribed to PC World, Apple was always at the top of the customer satisfaction list. If there were massive problems with these computers, there would be lines around the block at Apple stores and/or recalls like crazy. You don't make money selling POS computers (unless you are HP and make tons of money on printers).

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I bought my MBP in late 2006 and it's been almost perfect, hardware-wise. The DVD drive failed after a few months, but the replacement was quick and painless and it hasn't happened again (it's actually a different brand of drive now).

15. luftwaffles08 macrumors newbie

Purchased in December 2006. Absolutely no problems with the actual computer. Only had the battery conk out prematurely, but with a quick trip to the Apple store she's getting 4 hours of life again. :D

16. a4abt macrumors regular

Agreed! People won't post about how great their products are! Usually, we post problems in order to find solutions. I've owned many different computer brands (Sony, Gateway, Compaq, Toshiba) and Apple is by far the best I've ever had. The only "issue" I can think of on my MBP is how difficult the hard drive is to change...but with the right "how-to" and tools, it ain't a big problem.

17. Nydator macrumors member

Mine has been perfect since I bought it in June. It has had some minor problems waking from sleep since I upgraded to Leopard, but I will be surprised if they are not fixed in 10.5.2.

18. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Bought my white MB on October 26 2007, and absolutely no problems this far, except I've had one kernel panic, but nothing else after that.

19. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

April 2007 - 2.33gHz MBPro

Absolutely flawless! Made the transition from Tiger to Leopard without a hitch.

20. Fiasco macrumors regular

Fiasco

Mine is almost flawless, I did have the HD die over New Year's, but since the mac geniuses replaced the drive... everything has been smooth sailing.

Funny, I noticed today I spend much more time taking pictures now than being on my MacBook... the "newness" factor seems to have worn off...

21. BrokenE macrumors regular

For a Friend

I will post for a friend and as I am sure he is not aware of this site...he bought his wife a low line MB for Christmas....she loves it, Zero problems. I on the other hand, am waiting on the new MBP to jump into my first MAC:).

22. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

23. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

If mine isn't perfect, it is close, I think.

I originally had the screen yellowing issue, but I just got my laptop back this morning from an authorized repair shop and I can't see anything like the problem I saw before.

If there is yellow now, it is related to the viewing angle and not the display itself, I've had several people scrutinize it to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

This new LG screen is much much better than the Chi mei it used to have :)

24. vm7118 macrumors regular

as flawless as a laptop can be.

after an old rock solid thinkpad, it takes a lot to impress me, and my MBP 2.4 w/256mb gpu did the trick. i was expecting longer battery life but the 7200 rpm hdd might be killing that a little.

oh wait... it's not flawless... a flaw i have noticed: when i check the "use random screensaver" box, it doesn't use a random screensaver. the screen is black, with white text in the middle telling me to choose a screensaver.

so yeah it's pretty much flawless :)