The NBA 2010-2011 Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JulesNYC, Oct 19, 2010.

1. JulesNYC macrumors regular

The season starts next week! Who else has the NBA jones right now?

I'm nervously excited for my New York Knicks to finally make it back to the playoffs. Ready to boo the Miami Heat. Shocked that my approval rating of Kobe Bryant has gone up so quickly over the past year. Can Kevin Durant get any better? Where does Melo go? Rookie of the Year: John Wall or Blake Griffin? Will Gilbert Arenas be institutionalized before the All-Star break?

Ahh, the NBA...

2. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Knicks possibly make the playoffs, but if its the eight seed, get ready to get rocked by the Heat :D

Durant leads the league in scoring again, and finishes top three in MVP voting.

LeBron comes close to averaging a triple-double for the season.

Wade wins the MVP (homer choice). He should have won it two seasons ago, and should have at least been more recognized last season. With the amount of publicity the Heat will get this year, the whole world will finally see how good Wade really is. 2nd best player in the game IMO, right behind Kobe.

Carmelo goes to either Portland, NJ, or GS IMO. No way he goes to the Knicks, unless he waits till the offseason, which wont happen. Knicks have nothing to offer. The dark horse team, who really isnt a dark horse, is the Bulls. If they are willing to give up Noah, who I think is an overrated player, he will be a Bull.

Griffin wins the ROY.

Miami/LA Finals. Could go either way, but given the size the Lakers have down low, they have the edge.

Im super amped about the NBA season. Im still waiting for NBA.com to release their international NBA Broadband package, which will probably be ridiculously priced. Well worth it though, since I can watch the games anytime I want.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Durant will win MVP because Wade and Lebron couldn't possibly in contention.

Melo? He'll go to any team who can afford to give up players and draft picks. He wouldn't be worth draft picks for a team predicted to be at the bottom this season, but may be worth it for a contender. It's not like Melo is old or something.

And Hall will win ROTY.

4. JulesNYC thread starter macrumors regular

According to the media, Carmelo will only sign a contract extension with a few select teams (NY, NJ, Chicago). Portland, GS and other teams hoping to trade for him would only be renting him for the season--afterwards he'll sign outright to his preferred destination. I can't imagine any team trading valuable prospects and/or 1st round picks knowing they'll only have him for one season. This ain't baseball.

5. JulesNYC thread starter macrumors regular

A superstar on a 60+ win team usually wins the MVP award. I predict the Thunder will not be as good as last year, unfortunately. They were blessed with no serious injuries last year and flew under the radar. The pressure's on for them now and I don't think they'll be as lucky (injury-wise) as last year. Durant will still put up huge numbers though.

I really don't want Wade or LeBron to win it. Hopefully Dwight Howard learned some offensive moves during the offseason and will contend.

6. JulesNYC thread starter macrumors regular

Source: Knicks making progress on Melo trade

This source could be bullcrap, of course. If the Summer of LeBron taught me anything, it's not to trust a reporter's "source".

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

If they fail on this trade I'm done with the Knicks they will never win cause of the owners I'll hop over to the Lakers always been a Kobe fan.

8. chordate68 macrumors regular

chordate68

they'll return to glory eventually, don't give up hope.

Melo will be gone before midseason. Durant will win MVP and the Thunder will get to the conference finals, but lose to the Lakers. Miami will get to the conference finals, but lose to a more well rounded team. Lakers win it again and Phil retires having won 4 three-peats. oh did I mention I'm a Lakers fan?

9. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Way to support your team when they arent very good :rolleyes:

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Exactly what I was thinking.

Toronto has 3 losing teams, and you don't see me bailing.

But 3 superstars on a winning team will never be as valuable as a single superstar who leads their team to a great record.

11. JulesNYC thread starter macrumors regular

Who are you kidding? You've obviously stuck with them during the darkest, most depressing days--no way any Knick fan is bailing ship now.

While I'd love Carmelo, if he were to join the Knicks, I'd want him to do it at the end of the season and without us giving up much for him. I like our current team. They're young, talented and share great chemistry--they genuinely seem to like each other. I'd hate to see them lose Gallo or Toney Douglas (plus more) for Melo right now.

12. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I just bought the NBA league pass international, and I must say that the quality is AMAZING! Im watching the replay of the Heat/Hawks game, and its near high definition quality. Well worth the price, especially since i can watch games any time I want, and not 2 or 3 in the AM.

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Celtics just beat the Heat 88-80

Looks like it is going to be a long season for the Heat! ... lol

14. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Is this still the off season or was that official?

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

16. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Out come the LeBron haters! It's a long season fellas.

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm actually rooting for the Heat this year, but hell they should have won the opener!

18. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

personally ... looking to see the Lakers win again.

Kobe is on route to being one of the greatest ever ... Lebron could learn a thing
    or two ... he should have stayed in Cleveland for a better shot at winning.

19. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

but of course

20. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

The Heat looked pretty bad the first half. I am surprised they stepped up their game in the fourth. Both teams look like they will do pretty well this season. I need to see a lot more games from each team before I make a real decision. The Celtics look solid though.

21. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Check these numbers ... could get ugly for the Heat ... Wade and Bosh might as well be coming off the bench.:cool:

Lebron 43mins = 31 pts
    Wade 37mins = 13 pts
    Bosh 38mins = 8 pts

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

umm no. theres no way they were coming in to boston and winning. they had never even played a game together, boston was a quarter away from winning game 7 last year.

celtics v lakers rubber match in the finals this year. the heat are going to flop in the playoffs for the reasons we saw in todays opener. they cant play defense, and defense is what wins championships.

23. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of guys.

24. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!LAKERS!!!!!

lebron, allen, Shaquille, pierce, Kidd, Wade, bosh, norwitsky, Nash, and any big Player

Better hide there kids, hide there wife......

Cuz the lakers are raping errrrbody,!!!,

Lol, jk

I'm hoping to switch my signature to 2011 NBA Champs!:D

25. macsr1 macrumors member

Suns lost :(

Hedo at the 4 isn't going to work, hopefully we start Warrick.