The New iPhone Looks So Ugly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RealMadrid15, Aug 19, 2012.

?

What do you think of the new iPhone's design? (Based on rumors)

1. Amazing

50 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. Good

77 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. Average

48 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. Bad

22 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. Ugly

32 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. RealMadrid15, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012

RealMadrid15 macrumors member

The iPhone 5 or whatever you call it looks so awkward and ugly. Design wise the 4S is like 10 times better than the Galaxy S3. But the new iPhone doesn't look any better IMO than the Galaxy S3.

Samsung should sue Apple for trying to copy their ugly designs.

But seriously, I've been reading iPhone rumors for every iPhone since the original one. This is the first one that I think is a step backwards.

I don't care how many features the new iPhone 4S-Long has, if it looks like that I'm just sticking with my 4S.

----

EDIT:
    Wow that's interesting, nearly all of the votes were positive or neutral.

The choice that recieved the most votes was "amazing" means that most people think this is by far the best looking iPhone yet.

Great for :apple: and great for the stock that I own in them
    Hopefully this will be the best selling iPhone yet, although I will not be purchasing one myself.

2. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

3. wc17 macrumors member

Lol, it'll be waiting for you at launch.

Thanks for the new and interesting poll!

4. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

as every year, many ppl saying .. its ugly etc. but soon or later Apple's marketing get you as well! To be honest I'm really happy with 4S (design, speed etc.) and this is the first time I'm not going to upgrade and I will wait for next generation.

5. RealMadrid15 thread starter macrumors member

All of the Galaxy S3 marketing still hasn't convinced me it's not ugly. All of the Lexus marketing still hasn't convinced me that they make "luxury" cars.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I think the 4 and 4s are ugly and I bought both. For me, it's about the OS, the camera, and the overall specs under the hood.

You can put makeup on an ugly girl, but you can't fix an ugly personality.

7. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

8. RealMadrid15 thread starter macrumors member

Yep

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

oh look a thread about the new iPhone looking ugly.

Can we go back 2 years and look at when the iPhone 4 was outed. People screamed and bitch how ugly it is. Now people say OH it looks so pretty.

This is a simple fact that some people do not like change.

10. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

All I was talking about is Apple's marketing ... they're "different"..

11. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Anyone complaining about how the new iPhone isn't good enough for them needs to get the stick out of their asses. This is getting so ridiculous. I'm ashamed sometimes to be a fan of Apple's phones because THIS happens. If you don't like it, design a better phone, otherwise, do your job as a consumer and BUY WHAT YOU WANT, they are a company that is appealing to much more than just you.

12. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

What's "ugly" for you has not be ugly for others..did you think about it?

----------

Apple's marketing will work it out!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. RealMadrid15, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012

RealMadrid15 thread starter macrumors member

Different in being that they created the three wonderful "genius" olympic advertisements?

14. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I remember 2 yrs ago when people said the leaked iPhone 4 looked ugly and now it is the best design. As soon as Apple demos the device and it goes on sale we will see record numbers once again. The same critic will be trying to figure out a way to get their cell phone company to allow them to upgrade with no penalty...

15. SR71 macrumors 68000

I personally think the black looks VERY good. The white looks alright, but as always, these are renders and the final product will look nicer. And for those who haven't already read the article that explains the next iPhone's style of design and why it actually is a very good design, read the article. Here's the link: http://itsmorereal.tumblr.com/post/28568407724/the-unibody-iphone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's the best and highest quality industrial design on a smartphone.

17. tekno macrumors 6502a

And unfortunately, that's why Apple won't be the company they once were until their sales, profits and share value start to fall.

At the moment they know that whatever they put out will sell in the millions. If my course leader told me tomorrow I was guaranteed a 1st and my ideal job, I'd spend the rest of my uni days in the pub.

It's time Apple started their decline - purely so we get back the great company that pushed forward, innovated and created awesome products (rather than a bad re-hash).

18. SR71 macrumors 68000

Exactly! Apple's choice of design for their iPhone's are very refined and will undoubtedly look much, much better in person. They always do. And people who say the next iPhone is ugly now are the same people who will end up wanting to upgrade to it once it has been announced by Apple in the coming weeks.

19. RealMadrid15 thread starter macrumors member

The two different shades on the back of the white looks awful =(

The black back looks somewhat better

20. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'm sure these renders are exaggerating things and the look will always vary as lighting changes which is why you'll want to see one in person instead of making judgements based off renders and leaked parts.

It does appear to be a very subtle silver / gray color though and looks just as nice as the black imo.

21. SR71 macrumors 68000

Exactly. Couldn't be more correct. People said that there was no way Apple would release an iPhone that looked like what the supposed iPhone 4 was said to look like. They said it looked ugly. They said it was dumb and that they wouldn't upgrade to it. Apple announces it publicly and all of a sudden those same people are now wanting to upgrade at the incredible new iPhone 4. The same will happen this year.

See, but it's not a bad re-hash. Read this article: http://itsmorereal.tumblr.com/post/28568407724/the-unibody-iphone. It completely explains why Apple chose this design and why it is actually quite an incredible design.

----------

Yeah the white does look bad, but again, its a render. The actual device will more than likely look incredible, as will the black.

22. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Everyone that the iPhone 4 was ugly when it came out too.

23. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes, because their stock pricing being $648 is terrible. Oh yeah, can't forget that painfully low $607B market cap. You can tell they're definitely going down the toilet.

24. RealMadrid15 thread starter macrumors member

That's funny.

When I saw the iPhone 4 rumors I thought that it looked amazing but most other people thought it was ugly.

Now, I think the iPhone 5 is ugly but most people think the iPhone 5 is amazing.