The New iPhone Looks So Ugly

What do you think of the new iPhone's design? (Based on rumors)

• Amazing

Votes: 50 21.8%
  • Good

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • Average

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • Ugly

Votes: 32 14.0%

• Total voters

Moleshome

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Sorry, it's just a re-hash of a 2-1/2 year old design.

Oh wow, they made it taller! Meh, I certainly won't be selling my S3 to go back to iPhone.

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

Oh wow, they made it taller! Meh, I certainly won't be selling my S3 to go back to iPhone.

These statements are simply ignorant. Other than the sides it's a completely different design. So if 4 out of the 6 surfaces are completely different how can it be a re-has of the 4/4s? (you can argue the side with volume and mute is different because the parts are smaller but I won't split hairs)

Outer shell + completely new insides = new phone design. Any other description that includes the words copy, rehash, stretched, same are all bunk.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk

And to add balance on the flip side if they released the next new iPhone with the same size screen as the s3 then I would stick with my 4s. The screen is way too big for my preferences and is moving away from a phone to a mini tablet but that's just my opinion and preference.

That's the beauty of choice.

:)

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
oh look a thread about the new iPhone looking ugly.

Can we go back 2 years and look at when the iPhone 4 was outed. People screamed and bitch how ugly it is. Now people say OH it looks so pretty.

This is a simple fact that some people do not like change.
I don't have television, and I don't pay attention to Apple ads. I've never been impressed by the iPhone's design until the 4 came out. I immediately loved it. Should, and probably will, be at some point in the MoMA.

I think the 5 is not as aesthetically pleasing as the 4/4S. However, the cutouts on the bottom of the 5 grill are beautiful, and definitely an improvement over the 4/4S.

-SGD