Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
So I can't view only Downloaded Music in either Album or Playlist view? If I go into the "Downloaded Music" section I am greeted by recently added and then everything in a massive square list thing? This sucks.
[doublepost=1473789858][/doublepost]So playlist images don't work?
[doublepost=1473790451][/doublepost]This app is horrid. Why do I have to tap "Dowloaded Music" and then get to my stuff.
[doublepost=1473792952][/doublepost]Is there any way to get list view back?

Reactions: happypeople

Hawky

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
I wish i had looked at some pictures of the music app before updating to iOS 10, use the App loads and its just ugly as **** now, what on earth were they thinking, why is everything so large, im not blind.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Wow. I had seen pictures of the app before but using it is a whole other thing. It is UGLY! The fonts are too big and bold and the whole thing looks very plain. I liked how clicking on albums before picked up colors from the artwork to display the track listing. Now it's all black and white. All of my playlists look the same with the stupid gear icon instead of the custom artwork and some of them are showing up blank now even though the music is on my phone. I don't know what they were thinking with this.

Reactions: mkaen

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
does anyone understand this?

what do i actually have on my ****ing phone?

how can i have 176 songs but then it say i have 2000+?? and on my phone, general>about it says i have 1490 songs?
vVIyW7Y.png

this is my full iTunes library
pdCqMCU.png

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Send specific feedback to apple.com/feedback and hope they change it. Unless you're willing to go back to iOS 9 and stay there.
They aren't going to. Design decisions like that are pretty much set in stone till a major update happens. Personally I love the new music app and happy to FINALLY have split screen on iPad. Theres much more clarity and focus to the suggestions.

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
wow. can't save an artists library to offline like you could in iOS 9. you now have to do each album one by one

jjdodders

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
The new music app is without a doubt the worst thing Apple have ever done. I hate it. I have over 10 years of downloaded music thats all been lumped together and pushed back into a single "library" tab in favour of connect, radio, music and search... none of which I use. I want my playlists in the forefront as I use those the most. I hate this update.

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
this is seriously annoying. i use icloud music library and now due to the fact you cannot save an artist to offline this is literally going to take hours and hours to add what i want

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
this is seriously annoying. i use icloud music library and now due to the fact you cannot save an artist to offline this is literally going to take hours and hours to add what i want

Can't you still download the album to your phone from the cloud?

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Also the first thing I hate about iOS 10 is this music app. Wtf is this the design looks low res and the type is huge like it's meant for old people or something. Wtf

Reactions: youknownow

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
No song ratings, wtf. It's bad enough they never allowed half-star ratings without a hack, but now they're gone altogether. You would think star ratings would greatly improve Apple Music recommendations. I also don't like the inability to completely hide iCloud music. I understand there's a download-only section, but I prefer to just never see iCloud music.

Reactions: Sammypurple

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Can't you still download the album to your phone from the cloud?
you can, and i know its not massive, but i have over 10,000 songs on my iTunes, some artists have over 10 albums, so downloading each and every album 1 by 1 is very long winded, where as on iOS 9 i could just do the whole artist, which i cannot do anymore.

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
you can, and i know its not massive, but i have over 10,000 songs on my iTunes, some artists have over 10 albums, so downloading each and every album 1 by 1 is very long winded, where as on iOS 9 i could just do the whole artist, which i cannot do anymore.

Ohhh I see what you meant now. Yeah that's annoying man damn

Reactions: youknownow

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
If you have iTunes, make a smart playlist. Set the parameters to Media Kind IS Music. Name it. Then open up your iOS device. Go to playlists. Pick your new one. Tap the download button. You can do the same with Artists. Make the parameters Artist is "blah blah".
That said, this is definitely a shortcoming of the new app I hope is fixed quickly.

stanman64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
sharing my opinion.

iOS 6's music app was the last easily-to-use, coherent design. It maintained the simplicity and basic underlying functions of past music apps. It allows for complete and clear control.

Apple's current take on the Music app is a confusing, garbled mess that works against intuition and ease of use. If they took the underlying framework of iOS 6's music app design, throw on a fresh layer of topcoat to make it look modern, and condense Apple Music down to a single tab, they'd be getting somewhere.

Again, IMO.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
To be honest, I miss the original iPod App from the first few versions of iOS. All my media in one place, easy to toggle between artists, albums, etc., fewer glitches. I know people demand more and more features, and with more features comes more complexity, but hey, that's what these guys get paid huge dollars for.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
I am having a few issues I thought I would throw out there in case anyone else is having the same issues, or might have any ideas. About half of my artists are missing artwork.

Lx8nivf.jpg

My second issue is, even though my music shows lyrics in the iTunes app on my computer, no lyrics show up in the iOS Music app.

My third issue is more of a preference. Is there a way to turn off "You Might Also Like" suggestions that show up when I go to an Artist?

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I'm actually loving the new redesign. I think I'm actually going to dump Spotify!

Should have dumped Spotify months ago bro. They have no where to go but under. Apple Music is so much easier and better to use.

Reactions: Lappen71

Virinprew

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
And now 3 out of 4 tabs are useless to me. I don't have anything else to say.
[doublepost=1473821590][/doublepost]
The new music app is without a doubt the worst thing Apple have ever done. I hate it. I have over 10 years of downloaded music thats all been lumped together and pushed back into a single "library" tab in favour of connect, radio, music and search... none of which I use. I want my playlists in the forefront as I use those the most. I hate this update.
Exactly my thought. I hate this new music app even more than the previous one.

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I loved the iOS 9 version there were just a few things I would have changed. It didn't need this ugly overhaul. I'm sure they'll tweak it quite a bit in 10.2 or 10.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.