Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What will make you upgrade?

• I will upgrade for just the new screen

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • I will upgrade for just LTE

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • There has to be something pretty special other than a new screen and LTE to make me upgrade

Votes: 58 27.9%
  • I don't care, I just want to have the new iPhone

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • I don't care, I'm happy with my current iPhone.

Votes: 32 15.4%
  • Screw it, I'm going android.

Votes: 31 14.9%

• Total voters

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Anyone who chose option 4 really needs help...And any arguments and opinions they have are now invalid.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
A new/bigger screen would do it for me.

I am quite pleased with my iPhone 4, absolutely love the design and how it feels in my hands. That said, I would definitely welcome a new/bigger screen, one that is not just taller (as is rumored) but also a tad bit wider. I think Apple can reach that sweet spot in terms of size that is bigger than the iPhone 4S but not as wide as the Galaxy S3 (which is too wide for comfortable use imo).

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I'm sure we will see some nice spec bumps, which in all honesty is usually what excited me the most. The better the processor/RAM become the better apps we get.

I don't think we will see NFC this year. I wouldn't have any use for it either way, but I'm sure eventually it will hit the iPhone.

The front camera has major room for improvement. I wouldn't mind seeing that, and I think it is fairly likely that will happen with the next refresh.

Siri is ok right now, they claim it's going to get better. I think in a couple years it might be really great.

LTE is coming I'm sure. I could take it or leave it. Faster is great, but the data plans are so ridiculous now I know a lot of people will start seeing some new charges when LTE gets here. I still have unlimited for now but I wonder how fast I will reach that throttle limit with LTE.

I don't care about the screen size as long as it doesn't get any smaller. I think at one point I did have an opinion. But I am numb from reading all of the thread wars about it and I just can't care any more. To clarify, I'm ok if the screen stays the same, I'm ok if it gets bigger. However I am against the design in the "stretched" rumors. I think that is a total cop out and if you're going to make the screen bigger you should just make it bigger. Length and width. There is some seriously huge bezel on the iPhone and while I never cared much either way about how the phone looked, I have to admit that I am starting to feel it looks dated with all that bezel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.