The next iPhone leaks: fake or real? (poll)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nepalisherpa, Aug 13, 2012.

?

Are the iPhone leaks real or fake?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2012.
  1. The leaks are real!

82.2%
  2. The leaks are fake and we will see a different product!

17.8%
  1. nepalisherpa, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I know there are few threads on this topic but none have a poll, and I thought it would be fun to have a public poll to see what people think. We can then reference back to this poll to see who were right/wrong. :)

Anyway, so, do you guys think that the photo leaks of the next iPhone that we have all been witnessing are really of the next iPhone? For your reference, the following picture is what I am talking about. I personally think that they are fake and we will see a completely different product.

[​IMG]

2. nepalisherpa thread starter macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

It's there now.

3. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I think it's real, maybe it's not a huge update also because of the rMBP, which they were focusing on?

4. nepalisherpa thread starter macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

That is a possibility.

5. iBreatheApple, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Visually, I somewhat understand where people are coming from. But as far as saying it's not a "huge update"... we don't even know the specs yet? I don't mind people complaining when they're upset but at least wait until we get an announcement.

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

No doubt, from what we've seen, it's a huge update. The bone of contention is between 'update' and 'newly designed product' expectations.

Seems pretty clear from the leaked images that every single piece has been redesigned. The fact that they put so much work into something that still looks like an iPhone 4 has some people scratching their heads.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I think its real... way too many part leaks for it to be fake. These aren't just renders like we had last year when people were speculating a re-designed iPhone instead of the 4S. We are seeing one leak after another and they are all consistent with this design.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

way too much similar information to be a fake.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Exactly.

If people want to say "I don't like that it looks the same," that's their opinion and they're free to hold it.

But anyone who says Apple isn't trying or ran out of resources...that's just crazy. It looks to me like they put way more work into this one than any previous iPhone update.

10. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

The iPhone 4 was a beautiful piece of industrial design. I think it only makes sense to continue building on it.

I think all those teardrop mockups from last year got people worked up and they are still looking for something similar. I think many people don't like the sharper edges, but I prefer them over the curvier designs of other phones.

Edit: Anybody that thinks these are fake hasn't been following Apple leaks long enough or has been completely blinded by their desire to see something else (like a few of us were last year).

12. gta50419 macrumors 6502

%100 Faked by apple.
    The Real iphone likely wont be seen until about a week before announcement (leak) or at the announcement. Im sure it will look totally different then that piece of **** also..

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

The iPhone 4 was leaked months before the announcement, same as the 4S and 3GS. Why will this be any different?

The leaks are real, I'm 99% sure.

14. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

I'd say it is real, although I voted with a "no" as I hope this will not be the next-gen iPhone. I sincerely do not like the back side's aluminum look. Looks like an external hard drive from the early 2000s...

[​IMG]

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Based on what??

----------

The 1st Gen iPhone looks more like that HD than this new one does.

16. gta50419 macrumors 6502

Because this leak actually looks worst then the iphone 4. Unless apple is hustling backwards now as samsung move foward.

Now if the leaks was showing this i would say it's real. I just have a hard time believing apple would release a longer, cheaper, crappier looking version of iphone 4 to us..

[​IMG]

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

People said the same thing when the iPhone 4 was leaked (looks worse than the 3G/3GS).

18. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

how can you not say that looks similar to the 4/4S...it is just thinner. The leaks are the new iphone and i'm sure it will look great in person.

19. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

They might not be 100% accurate but I think it'll be pretty close to what we see in September.

20. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's funny, because the iPhone 4 / 4S is probably the nicest smartphone design on the market today and it's two years old. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I can guarantee you'll love it when you see it in person and you'll end up buying one.

21. gta50419 macrumors 6502

who ever said that is blind lol. Iphone 4 looks miles better then the 3gs.
    + It was a big update. This one not.

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

agreed. The design is so nice and distinguishable right now

23. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

A) In your opinion (certainly not everyone's)
    B) What JayLenochiniMac said

Why would you believe some hack mockup over a real part? Are you slow?

24. gta50419 macrumors 6502

.....Until Galaxy S3 came out