The ONE thing iPad Pro is missing...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kal-037, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    while the iPad Pro seems to have it all... Superhuman quad core Processor, Big 3k screen, 4 beastly speakers, Apple Pencil, Advanced Display Technology, 4GB of RAM, Detachable Cool Keyboard, and Incredible Thinness and Lightness.
    But with all the above features it is still missing... colorful Smart Covers. lol

But sinceriously, I loved the different colored Smart Covers, I liked that they added some character or individually to the device. I actually changed my covers depending on the month or season. I guess I can do that with my iPad mini, but it would have been cool to have more colors for the Pro like (Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Pink, Navy Blue, Saddle Brown, and/or Golden Yellow.) I am happy we'll get at least a White cover but come on Apple! :/
    o_O:(

Kal.

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Sadly enough, and I actually fear this may still be the case in some old fashioned companies.
    Actually having speakers on a computer was not considered PRO.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is also missing a real file/folder system for the user to save files to use when offline. It is missing a SD card reader and USB port also.

5. Dave245 macrumors 601

Apple probably expect you to use iCloud Drive, that is why they have dropped prices on iCloud storage. I'm going to get a iPad Pro when it comes out and if the 128GB storage isn't enough i will be very tempted to get the 50GB for £0.79 a month which is crazy cheap.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I agree but we work in the field and there are many times we are so far out we have no carrier or WiFi service so we need to store over 6K files on the device.

7. mdridwan47 macrumors 6502

mdridwan47

The BIGGEST feature the iPad PRO missing is 3D touch.

8. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

9. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

USB sticks are a thing of the past much like CD's, who wants to have to keep an ugly virus harboring USB stick lying around, apologies if this comes across a bit harsh

10. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yes in that instance I can see how it would be a pain, I think Apple should add more onboard storage than just the 128GB, that would solve the issue.

11. vladi macrumors 6502

iPP is missing properly optimized iOS for its form and function and desktop like apps to truly utilize its Pro moniker.

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

This guy wants to keep them. I back up daily my company files so that if my office burns to the ground, I can still run the company from my house. I do not stick my USB JumpDrive in just any computer! Moving large numbers of RAW images is a pain over wireless and is harder out in the field.

I await the Surface Pro 4. . . . . . .

13. arefbe macrumors regular

arefbe

14. username: macrumors 6502a

Plenty of apps that serve as file management and plenty of lightning USBs out now too. Also there are SD adapters ...

15. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

ultimately for me, the only real 'want' i'd like in the Pro would be the ability to use a mouse. i can cope with ios and it's tablet software the way it is, it's always been the same, its a tablet not a lap/desk top, but a mouse is probably the one thing I've only really craved.

16. Kal-037, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

Kal-037 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Yep, just one. No colors is boring. ;)

3D Touch is useless to me. It takes longer to even use certain apps with it, plus I forget it's even there.
    I can just click on the app and since the phone is so fast and snappy I've emailed someone in less than 10 seconds, (3D touch could maybe have made that 9.9 seconds) Holy Cow Doctor Jones!!! :eek::eek:;) lol

Seriously though 3D touch I think could work on an iPad mini at most ( or maybe, just maybe an Air) but for the size of the screen on the Pro it would be silly IMO.
    3D Touch should stay on small devices.

*back to subject, so anyone else bummed about the bland color options for Smart Cover or Smart Case? I personally want a Blue one... and a Green, ooooh and a Red... Ah heck, I'll take them all (except Purple or pink.) ha! ;)

Kal.

17. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Apple will never release their big iPhone upgrade features on an iPad at the same time. It will always be delayed until the next version.

18. Sharkey311 Suspended

It's also missing a protective back on the case. It's more akin to the Smart Cover rather than the smart case. I just realized this tonight and am not very happy about it. I don't want the back of my iPad bare and susceptible to damage.

I want a Smart Keyboard Case that is midnight blue and covers the whole iPad when closed.

19. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Apple supports iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. in iOS 9. So we have a choice.

20. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

They could give away large iCloud Drive storage capacities for free, and it still wouldn't make a lick of a difference to me in terms of usability.

I'm not usually in an area where I have a good enough uplink to make cloud storage a reliable, viable alternative to local storage for larger chunks of data. Besides, I'm also not comfortable to store sensitive data (e.g. my company's internal sales analysis, or an outline for a novel) in a cloud. On top of that, I want to be able to make local, incremental backups with ease, which is simple when you have data on a physical medium, but a hassle (and impractical) when you relay on cloud storage.

21. Dave245 macrumors 601

I understand this, unless I'm mistaken I think this is what Apple was trying to do. Their are times when you don't want to put sensitive things in the Cloud and there are also times when connection to the Internet isn't possible, but overall I do think iCloud is good for somethings such as taking the load off of a device, being able to store documents in the cloud is great when you run out of space or simply want to back a particular document up. Personally I have no problems with it as a way of getting more storage.

Yes there are more options out there, me personally I prefer iCloud but other services are available.

22. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Does the iPad Pro even have a slot for the Pencil to go into? If not, then that's missing :p

23. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Does the iPad Pro even have a slot for the Pencil to go into? If not, then that's missing :p

24. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

Use Goodreader, it really is a great app. I use it to sync to servers, hold folders and folders of files, it basically turns your iPad in to a wired/wireless hard drive as well as syncing with a huge range of cloud services.

Additionally iCloud can now be used as a file storage mechanism with it having its own app in iOS 9.

No matter what iPad you'll never be able to plug a USB2/3 in, ever, Apple's/everyone's method of file transfer is wireless in the present and future.

25. Canadian.bacon macrumors newbie

The thing it is missing? It is still a slave to another computer. I still need a laptop or desktop to be my center for iTunes.

If I could sync/backup/restore my idevices (phones, iPads, iPods) to a drive through the iPad pro then and only then could I consider it an alternative to a laptop or a surface. As it is, all that it can be is a big iPad and I still need a real computer