Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That is sunday and monday covered... just need someone for saturday
Lol. There's a Tuesday to! The day you get to pack up after the show!

But hopefully all the stock and leaflets will be gone! Then it's just all the display monitors (14) and the rest of the stuff.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Totally off topic but...I may be showing my age here but I still remember when they first built the NEC and the very first stretch of the M42... Never did quite get how Birmingham got to have its name on a centre built in Solihull :cool:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Lol. There's a Tuesday to! The day you get to pack up after the show!

But hopefully all the stock and leaflets will be gone! Then it's just all the display monitors (14) and the rest of the stuff.

And Tuesdays TF its over day lets have a beer no?
[doublepost=1520718078][/doublepost]
Totally off topic but...I may be showing my age here but I still remember when they first built the NEC and the very first stretch of the M42... Never did quite get how Birmingham got to have its name on a centre built in Solihull :cool:

No one knows where Solihul is maybe? :)

Reactions: TiggrToo

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
And Tuesdays TF its over day lets have a beer no?
[doublepost=1520718078][/doublepost]

No one knows where Solihul is maybe? :)

True story - I'm now living in the US and have been for 20 odd years. One day I'm chatting with one of the gals that works in our warehouse - a local Ohio lass of about 25 years of age. She asks where I come from and I ask her the usual question: "How much of the UK do you know about?"
She replied with "I've relatives over there so a bit".
"Well, I say, a small town outside of Birmingham."
"Birmingham?" she asks, "I know Birmingham, what's the name of the town?".
"Solihull" I reply expecting a blank stare.
"Solihull?" she replies "That's where my aunt lives - I was over there last year..."

Small world :D

Reactions: kenoh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Fuji are next door to us.

Oh dear....

Also, the Beast from the East is looking like it is coming back... snow forecast on Sunday so wrap up everyone
[doublepost=1521193705][/doublepost]
True story - I'm now living in the US and have been for 20 odd years. One day I'm chatting with one of the gals that works in our warehouse - a local Ohio lass of about 25 years of age. She asks where I come from and I ask her the usual question: "How much of the UK do you know about?"
She replied with "I've relatives over there so a bit".
"Well, I say, a small town outside of Birmingham."
"Birmingham?" she asks, "I know Birmingham, what's the name of the town?".
"Solihull" I reply expecting a blank stare.
"Solihull?" she replies "That's where my aunt lives - I was over there last year..."

Small world :D

I am liking that signature you have there... I suffer frequent id10t errors as a result of a pinkware compatibility issue between my thumbs and my screen.
[doublepost=1521193895][/doublepost]
I'll be there Sunday (most likely) I have some Fujifilm lenses to purchase!!

Cool... what have you got in mind?

Reactions: TiggrToo

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Oh dear....

Also, the Beast from the East is looking like it is coming back... snow forecast on Sunday so wrap up everyone
[doublepost=1521193705][/doublepost]

I am liking that signature you have there... I suffer frequent id10t errors as a result of a pinkware compatibility issue between my thumbs and my screen.
[doublepost=1521193895][/doublepost]

Just building the stand, filling the stock room and generally waiting on electricians!

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Looks like a good show! Formatt-Hitech are co-hosting a stall with Three Legged Thing this year. Lucky I don't have the spare dosh or live close by. I had a generous local soul silently sponsor me with a 17-40mm f/4 L lens last week, which arrived this week, to further explore my long-exposures! They were offering me the latest 16-35mm f/2.8 L, but for what I need with my current kit, this is more than good enough! :cool:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Woohoo exciting! I am looking forward to it...
Just got home! Ready for a sleep already.
I'll certainly be having an early night.
[doublepost=1521228185][/doublepost]
Looks like a good show! Formatt-Hitech are co-hosting a stall with Three Legged Thing this year. Lucky I don't have the spare dosh or live close by. I had a generous local soul silently sponsor me with a 17-40mm f/4 L lens last week, which arrived this week, to further explore my long-exposures! They were offering me the latest 16-35mm f/2.8 L, but for what I need with my current kit, this is more than good enough! :cool:
Nice gift. I got a broken Ottlight magnifier. But I suppose it was free!

We're not that far from Formatt-Hitech. Well at least I saw them on one of my wonderings.
Time for a well deserved cup of tea.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Nice gift. I got a broken Ottlight magnifier. But I suppose it was free!

We're not that far from Formatt-Hitech. Well at least I saw them on one of my wonderings.
Time for a well deserved cup of tea.
Enjoy your cuppa, a good nights sleep and hope you have a great show! Keep an eye out for a Scottish dude, probably armed with an Iron-Bru or two and armfuls of Leica bags! Hope he doesn't give you any grief... He's rumoured to be a little mischievous! ;)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Enjoy your cuppa, a good nights sleep and hope you have a great show! Keep an eye out for a Scottish dude, probably armed with an Iron-Bru or two and armfuls of Leica bags! Hope he doesn't give you any grief... He's rumoured to be a little mischievous! ;)
It's his dad jokes you've got to watch out for.
Will probably clear the stand!
[doublepost=1521228881][/doublepost]One of my colleagues feeling proud none of the monitors fell off the wall!

Attachments

• IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: RCAFBrat and kenoh

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
[doublepost=1521228881][/doublepost]One of my colleagues feeling proud none of the monitors fell off the wall!
Looks like a nicely put together stand! I put up a 55" TV for the mother-in-law, got it perfectly level and strongly fixed, looking good, till I looked up and noticed the cornice wasn't level, now it bugs me every time I'm in her lounge! Not that I'm a plasterer to be able to correct it... :rolleyes:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Looks like a nicely put together stand! I put up a 55" TV for the mother-in-law, got it perfectly level and strongly fixed, looking good, till I looked up and noticed the cornice wasn't level, now it bugs me every time I'm in her lounge! Not that I'm a plasterer to be able to correct it... :rolleyes:
I'll pass on your compliments!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

Wow! Nice. There are some kind folks out there.
[doublepost=1521236286][/doublepost]
Nice ! Big stand too! Nice layout. Looking forward to spilling Irn Bru near it..
I hear the weird Scottish guy is skint too... so no Leica bags this time... :-(

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Absolutely! I've been very blessed with the generosity and assistance I have received when creating the Mindful Photography groups and now with this! :cool:
Nice ! Big stand too! Nice layout. Looking forward to spilling Irn Bru near it..
Bummer... :( Regardless, I'm sure you'll enjoy drooling over the delights to see. Wish we had a local event like this, there's a big one interstate, but I can't warrant going over for a look at this stage. Maybe in a few years time I'll make it to also do some long-exposures over there for the weekend.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
[doublepost=1521236286][/doublepost]
I'll probably see you drooling on the Nikon stand!

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK

Certainly the 100-400 hopefully the bundle with the 1.4 TC. I'm going to look at the X-E3 and 27mm lens as well (I may pick up the 27mm second hand from MBP though as it's around £200) - I fancy a 2nd camera body/prime as a small camera I can just drop in my rucksack and take to work. Possibly if I have any money after this I'll pick up a Samyang fisheye.

As for the mini beast, I'm only down the road from the NEC so I should't have a problem getting there.

Fuji are next door to us.

Handy! I'll pop over to have a look at the monitors and hopefully find you to say hello!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Certainly the 100-400 hopefully the bundle with the 1.4 TC. I'm going to look at the X-E3 and 27mm lens as well (I may pick up the 27mm second hand from MBP though as it's around £200) - I fancy a 2nd camera body/prime as a small camera I can just drop in my rucksack and take to work. Possibly if I have any money after this I'll pick up a Samyang fisheye.

As for the mini beast, I'm only down the road from the NEC so I should't have a problem getting there.

Handy! I'll pop over to have a look at the monitors and hopefully find you to say hello!

Nice choice. I have the 100-400 and tc myself. I like it alot.

Reactions: Kebabselector
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.