Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
I ordered within the first minute of the store going live, but my order remains in the 4-6 week window.

Anybody else who ordered the Leather Loop Apple Watch having any better luck?

Last edited:

FrancoRumors

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
SS, blue leather loop. 3:05 email. 4-6. No charge - no change.

Leather loop manufacturing must be the holdup.

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Stone leather loop, still says 2-4 weeks.

Yes, you read that right. The watches with leather loops started at 4-6 weeks but the straps alone ship in 2-4 weeks.

I guess it takes two extra weeks to attach the straps to the watches?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
It looks like Apple literally has 0 of the Leather Loop Apple Watches ready to go at launch.

How strange.

backfire103

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Makes me feel a little better about the fact I opted for the Sport and ordered a leather loop separately. Didn't realize that these were gonna be so hard to come by. I'll still stop by the store when they open out of desperation.

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
I ordered a SG Sport and a large black leather loop separately.

SG Sport confirmed at 1:06 got 4-6 weeks (5/13-5/27). No change in status.

But ordered 1 minute later, the band got 2-4 weeks (4/29-5/12). No change in status.

The following Monday, 4/13 I decided an extra charger would be handy. I ordered one and got a 2-4 week shipping time. Yesterday it changed to shipping, then late in the day, to shipped. On-Trac shows a delivery date of tomorrow, 4/23.

FrancoRumors

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
Warning: pure speculation - if they underestimated demand for the leather loops or had a shortage to begin with - this type of band is not as easy to ramp up production. Dying leather takes longer and is more prone to quality issues than...let's say a sport band. What I mean to say is leather has an inherent manufacturing time associated with it just like the link bracelet. Some aspects can't be sped up... However I am still expecting a watch with a bright blue loop to arrive on Friday. My Apple trust is undying.

stewartnm

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Unfortunately, I ordered the SS with black leather loop, then a sport band separately. If I would have know these were an immediate 4-6 week wait, 1) I wouldn't have bothered to stay up and order 2 minutes after the store opened, and 2) I would have ordered a different band combo in the first place and waited for the leather loop. Oh well, nothing is going to change the shipping time so I'll just wait over here in the corner...:confused:

FrancoRumors

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
So, despite realizing that apple chat associates don't know anymore than the rest of us about specific shipping times and logistics... I still asked because I had a question about in store band exchanges after launch.

First I asked about my 42mm SS bright blue leather loop...I took off of work and am thinking about going in since it looks like I will not be getting a delivery.. The chat associate asked what my order status showed.. I said 4- 6 weeks, they replied if it is not showing a date is is not scheduled or out for delivery (DUH), but they then went on to say "However, I would keep checking your order status often in the coming days."....Probably just to continue the madness of checking my order status a few times a day but maybe they expect some of the later estimates to be bumped up today or tomorrow.

Next I asked about band exchanges in store. I ordered a Large loop because my wrist is exactly 180 mm. After seeing some of the reviews and try ons I am afraid I should have went with a medium. The apple rep said there will absolutely be inshore band exchanges within 14 days of receiving the apple watch....

So hopefully if my wrist is too small for a large they will have some blue leather loops in store waiting for me.

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
Unfortunately, I ordered the SS with black leather loop, then a sport band separately. If I would have know these were an immediate 4-6 week wait, 1) I wouldn't have bothered to stay up and order 2 minutes after the store opened, and 2) I would have ordered a different band combo in the first place and waited for the leather loop. Oh well, nothing is going to change the shipping time so I'll just wait over here in the corner...:confused:

Yeah, I feel your pain. I ended up ordering a second watch because of the delays on the leather loop.

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
If you don't mind my asking, what was the second one you ordered and what kind of ship time did you get?

42mm Milanese Loop. Is currently "preparing for shipment" here in Japan. Perhaps that one wasn't as popular here, but I honestly ordered it like 15min after I think and it was still within the initial shipping window.

stewartnm

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
42mm Milanese Loop. Is currently "preparing for shipment" here in Japan. Perhaps that one wasn't as popular here, but I honestly ordered it like 15min after I think and it was still within the initial shipping window.

Ahh, okay. It seemed like that one was pretty popular here in the US, Apple must have prepared for it judging by a lot of April 24 windows people got with that model.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Not looking good for us in terms of getting these by Friday like some others who have had their orders pushed forward, but Can't really complain.

Hang in there fellow Leather Loop buyers!

jonhlutke

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Not looking good for us in terms of getting these by Friday like some others who have had their orders pushed forward, but Can't really complain.

Hang in there fellow Leather Loop buyers!

I don't mind waiting passed friday, but anything earlier than June is welcome.

Marky1982

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Netherlands
Status SS 42 mm with Leather Loop

Hi,

I'm wondering, because a lot of watches are being 'shipped' or 'prepared for shipment', but I've seen no SS 42 mm with Leather Loop so far. What are your status updates?

BMCoaster

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
I ordred the Leather Loop with SS in 42 mm and until now, no change from my status. Just processing

I hope that the leather loop models come asap :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.