Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Still no change here, looks like Friday is definately out the window.

I'm still hopeful that the first orders will get them before the end of April... but that may be false optimism.

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Any Leather Loop orders moved?

I haven't heard of anyone that that ordered the 42mm SS with leather loop getting it on Friday. I ordered a 42mm SS with medium Black Leather Loop on the 10th and still a June delivery.

Anti-Dentite

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Were there any 4/24-5/8 pre orders for the leather loop? I'm curious to see when the first ones prepare for shipment but I assume it will be end of april / beginning of may rather than later

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Were there any 4/24-5/8 pre orders for the leather loop? I'm curious to see when the first ones prepare for shipment but I assume it will be end of april / beginning of may rather than later

There wasn't any in the UK. Site went online with the 4-6 week wait.

Davk87

Suspended
Oct 26, 2014
England
42mm SS Black leather loop was straight to 4 - 6 weeks for me too. I really wish apple would just come out and be honest about it all. Maybe even send us the watch without the band so we can go get a band in store

pafeni

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2015
Ordered the Leather Loop separate.., And it's expectet at 05/12 - my Watch is comming tomorrow

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Ordered the Leather Loop separate.., And it's expectet at 05/12 - my Watch is comming tomorrow

Choosing which band is like a lottery, dates mean nothing. Those of us who ordered the watch with the leather loop got the short end of the stick and waited up to get our orders in for nothing.

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam
So, despite realizing that apple chat associates don't know anymore than the rest of us about specific shipping times and logistics... I still asked because I had a question about in store band exchanges after launch.

First I asked about my 42mm SS bright blue leather loop...I took off of work and am thinking about going in since it looks like I will not be getting a delivery.. The chat associate asked what my order status showed.. I said 4- 6 weeks, they replied if it is not showing a date is is not scheduled or out for delivery (DUH), but they then went on to say "However, I would keep checking your order status often in the coming days."....Probably just to continue the madness of checking my order status a few times a day but maybe they expect some of the later estimates to be bumped up today or tomorrow.

Next I asked about band exchanges in store. I ordered a Large loop because my wrist is exactly 180 mm. After seeing some of the reviews and try ons I am afraid I should have went with a medium. The apple rep said there will absolutely be inshore band exchanges within 14 days of receiving the apple watch....

So hopefully if my wrist is too small for a large they will have some blue leather loops in store waiting for me.

Exactly this for me in the UK - 180mm wrist and ordered large blue loop. No movement on it.

Annoyingly I originally went with a black sport band but just missed the launch window so decided to cancel and just get the loop because I thought I'd prefer the blue sports band. Now having seen the blue in person I'm not so sure, plus there's a reasonable change the sports band would have arrived sooner... Oh well, no point cancelling and going back now so just have to wait it out. I am hoping that they beat the estimates though!

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere
Unfortunately, I ordered the SS with black leather loop, then a sport band separately. If I would have know these were an immediate 4-6 week wait, 1) I wouldn't have bothered to stay up and order 2 minutes after the store opened, and 2) I would have ordered a different band combo in the first place and waited for the leather loop. Oh well, nothing is going to change the shipping time so I'll just wait over here in the corner...:confused:

Exactly what I did and wished I would would have done.

42mm SS Black Leather Loop confirmed at 3:02 est. Still processing.

AaronM5670

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2012
Norwich, UK
Exactly this for me in the UK - 180mm wrist and ordered large blue loop. No movement on it.

Annoyingly I originally went with a black sport band but just missed the launch window so decided to cancel and just get the loop because I thought I'd prefer the blue sports band. Now having seen the blue in person I'm not so sure, plus there's a reasonable change the sports band would have arrived sooner... Oh well, no point cancelling and going back now so just have to wait it out. I am hoping that they beat the estimates though!

Exact same for me too in the UK, I have a 180mm wrist and ordered the 42mm SS with the Large Blue Leather Loop on the 18th after not being able to get a try-on appointment any sooner (I wanted to make sure it fitted OK).

Still processing, no card charge, no AEOD and a rough 'June' date for dispatch.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Still no update on my 42mm,SS,Leather Loop

I hate it so much.
I could have bought a stupid sport band and ordered a leather loop in June.
This is so stupid.

I'm sorry for posting, but I'm really upset.
No Mail, No CC charged, no change. Nothing.

I might even cancel before my vacation in May.

S0lidSnake

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015

I hate it so much.
This is so stupid.

I feel the same...

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015

I hate it so much.
This is so stupid.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to cancel and order a new one with the sport band, would probably get it quicker at this point.

Sherbst

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
What is frustrating to me is that I ordered 42 ss with blue leather loop and then an additional black sport band......If I would have done it the reverse way.....I'd be getting it delivered tomorrow.....just doesn't seem right or fair to me......I said it in another thread......but apple should have put up notices on the watch page which watch configurations would not be available on the 24th in advance......that way we could have adjusted our orders accordingly.....

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to cancel and order a new one with the sport band, would probably get it quicker at this point.

Why cancel? Just order the new combination you prefer and which ever ships first then cancel the other one?

stewartnm

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
I just ordered another 42 SS with white sport band. We'll see which one ships first! At this point, with no info on why the leather loops aren't shipping I'll just take a shot at another model and order the loop later. I figure it can't hurt I can always cancel one...

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Apple's lack of communication has just been terrible. I'm in the same boat. 42mm SS + black leather loop. 12:03am PT. No movement. Same with my wife's 38mm + modern buckle.

Apple really did not make it clear some models simply wouldn't be available on 4/24.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
It's not that I cannot order whatever watch I like.
Apple should have:

a) Communicated that some combinations might be limited or take longer to produce
b) Give me an estimate after two weeks that states that my order will be delayed and I might change my order
c) Should NOT use "first come, first serve". Even if it sounds unfair to most.

If I order a custom BMW, I know that my order will take month.

If Apple wants to sell diversified products, they should NOT say "Available April 24th".

I think that a lottery approach that starts 3 days after pre-order and tells people that they do not have a chance is way more acceptable.

If I start ordering multiple watches to get at least one, I take away chances from other people for a product I do not want.

I am NOT willing to become a scalper just to sell a model after I received the "correct" one.

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam
I just ordered another 42 SS with white sport band. We'll see which one ships first! At this point, with no info on why the leather loops aren't shipping I'll just take a shot at another model and order the loop later. I figure it can't hurt I can always cancel one...

I'm tempted, but I seriously doubt a June delivery ordered now will arrive before the 4-6 week leather loops...

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015

Please let us know when you hear something back.

stewartnm

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Will do, don't think it matters but I got charged for the AppleCare on the one I just ordered...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.