The Super Bowl Commercial Thread [merged]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ace134blue, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

2. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Old. Has been already out since a couple of days.

3. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

4. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

2011 Super Bowl Commercial Thread

What are your favorite superbowl commercials this year? I'm just really lovin all the doritos ones!

5. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

i liked the snickers one with roseann getting hammered by the tree

6. AlexAMoser, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

8. Tilpots, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Best spot of the first half!

EDIT: Talking about the VW Vader spot

9. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I thought thats who that was...the Doritos ones are the best though.

10. martyfunkhouser macrumors newbie

martyfunkhouser

Write the end... $25,000 and 1% of future sales up for grabs! Not too shabby in my books.

http://writetheend.yoozur.com

11. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

The Snickers ad was great. I also loved that House Coke parody ad.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The pepsi max one where the chick throws the can at another chick. I oddly liked the ozzy one. Probably because they insulted that dumb ass bieber kid.

13. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I liked the Chrysler ad, but hated that they used the 200 and not the new 300 in the ad. The 200 is just lipstick on a pig that is the Sebring.....

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think the Doritos one with the guy was eating Doritos and had just finished the bag ... and then someone comes out and says "Can I have the rest" and the guy who was eating the Doritos said "Sorry they just finished" and then the other guy put his fingers in his mouth and said "this is the best part" (licking your fingers after eating chips)

Obviously, it didn't go like that. But it was along those lines.

15. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

the first one was best with the dog it made me laugh:)

that was great too.

also i liked the etrade one at the end those are great wish they'd make more of those, very original.

16. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The two Doritos, that one with the pants and the one with the finger. The Darth Vador Volkswagen ad, the Ozzy ad, and the Motorola Xoom ad.

17. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Ozzy all the way...and for the first time ever I actually understood what he was saying :cool:

18. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Chrysler's been doing some good ads lately (George Washington attacking the British in a Dodge Charger always cracks me up), and the one in the Super Bowl was no exception.

Aside from that:

The one where the girl hurls a Pepsi Max at her boyfriend and hits a jogger instead.

The Teleflora ad with Faith Hill was freakin' hilarious. "Dear Kim...your rack is unreal." :p

The Pepsi Max ad where the guy wants to sleep with the girl, then wants a Pepsi Max. "Not a chance" "Wait...which one??"

The Chevy Cruze commercial where the guy checks out Facebook and finds his date wrote, "Best first date ever." :)

20. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I don't quite get this commercial. It's effective at getting people to talk about it, but addresses nothing about the features and options of the car. I wonder how many will say, "OMG I totally need to go buy a new car just to scare my son cause he's so cuuuuute!!1!"

Maybe I'm just being cynical.. It's well done and all, and mildly amusing, but makes no statement whatsoever about brand or quality.

21. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Well it does show that remote start is an option from the dealer. Not sure, how common this is as I haven't been car shopping in a while.... buuuut I get your point.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of all the hype that has surrounded this years super commercials, I was underwhelmed. Some of the Doritos commericals were kind odd/creepy/weird like the one where the dude was sucking on the other guy's fingers because of the doritos cheese on it.

23. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I agree with you that it didn't really feature much about the car, but I don't think that was it's intention. Super Bowl commercials live a life of their own and this Passat spot will get so much free publicity because it was entertaining. It successfully branded VW and the Passat. People will know that car now just becasue it was the one in the Darth Vader commercial. So while it didn't tout quality, the brand received a massive bump that you just can't buy, even with a $3M ad.

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My favorite commercial of the night wasn't even during the Super Bowl. It was the one during the Puppy Bowl where dogs were doing donuts on an icy parking lot in a Subaru.

25. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Chrysler/Eminem commercial

I thought the commercial was good and i liked the sentiment, but I didn't believe for a second that Eminem would drive a Chrysler 200 which is rebranded Sebring. And I can't imagine this commercial resonating with anyone outside of Michigan.