The thing about iOS 7... [is its ugliness]

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ionjohn, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ionjohn, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013

ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

It's ugly And I'm not the one saying it!

Attached Files:

2. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Hell, you could have done that simply by Googling "I hate the look of iOS 7" for 30 minutes. I've seen it done more than once.

3. BvizioN, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013

BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Has It ever occurred to you that what you may find it as ugly, to others is beauty? We are talking about something subjective here! While you and some others may love skeuomorphism UI desgins with the leather-stitched, green fields and all that, others may find it ugly and love something else. Just give it up already, the look of iOS 7 is here to stay for quite few versions until the next major redisign. You can hate it all you want, moan about it, or jump the ship.

Forgott you may be one of these who are not on the ship and like to troll on Macrumors.

4. Naor macrumors regular

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Amen to that.

Yesterday I decided to downgrade back to iOS 6 and wait for the GM. I lasted less than an hour.

iOS 6 may have the polished look, but after you've been using iOS 7 for months, it becomes apparent just how bad iOS 6 looks, with its shiny icons etc. I miss the new animations and the new safari.

Of course this is a subjective view, but I think it's one shared by many on here.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

7. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

iOS 6 is hideous after you've used iOS 7 for so long. I've gone back once during the beta phase and couldn't stand it, iOS 7 is more modern and so clean looking.

And it's amazing how much you rely on Control Center and the swiping back gesture in Safari.

8. fSHAD macrumors member

9. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I think iPhone users will be split into two groups now.

iOS6 - those who want to get stuff done, simply, easily

iOS7 - people who want the "cutting edge" even if it sucks

Welcome to fragmentation

10. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Based on the forum polls in this forum that,s not the case. Around 90% of people would happily upgrade to 7. And then you got others like the OP (who's almoust every post in this forum is about how much he hate iOS 7) who would stay on iOS6.

11. evorc macrumors 6502

evorc

iOS 7 makes iOS 6 looks like ******!!! Get over it already, iOS 7 look is here to stay.

----------

Lol exactly! They have to keep convincing themselves that they for sure hate iOS 7 look. If you don't like it then don't upgrade otherwise go to other platform.

12. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

iOS 7 is much more simpler. Certain common tasks can be completed much quicker.

Switching between and closing tabs in Safari, turning on/off WiFi, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth etc.

It takes 3 taps to switch wifi off in iOS 6 (Settings > WiFi > Off) for example.

13. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Many more from the lock screen, or from in the aps! From CC only once swipe and one tap.

14. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Well duh. This is MacRumors, the obsessives here would install anything Apple make

15. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

After using 7 since beta 4, when seeing pics of iOS 6 it almost seems like a distant memory..

Even haters will adjust. Eventually.

16. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Distinguishing the difference between opinion and fact, especially when it comes to aesthetic judgements, is anathema to some.

And garnering a multitude of confirming opinions still doesn't make it a fact.

17. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

18. haydn! macrumors 6502a

It won't cause fragmentation on iOS. As others have pointed out, despite the very vocal minority, the majority seem to like iOS7 and plan to upgrade.

Plus, fragmentation on other platforms has not been caused by users unwillingness to update, it's been caused by poor device support. That's not an issue here.

19. td1439 macrumors 6502

td1439

It's a wholly subjective matter - not that this will stop people from arguing about it. Personally, I don't love some of the app icons, but the overall approach is a nice change from glossy plastic and grey linen. But I'll be open that I like a minimalist approach; the flat textures/frosted glass look is more appealing to me than the textured/glossy look.

I do think predicting that people will no longer be able to get anything done on their iDevices using 7 is hyperbolic.

20. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

According to that, though, the thing with my face is that it's ugly. Must mean everyone's face is ugly.

21. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

I'm curious, what about iOS 6 makes it easier to get stuff done, simply and easily?

I find it to be quite the opposite, seeing as iOS 7 has things like control centre, today view, new Siri features, new multitasking system, etc.

22. Timely7 macrumors newbie

Hate some icons on iOS 7 (photos, game centre, etc), but love the functionality.... Please let me jailbreak it to get rid of those ugly icons!!!

23. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

People that bitch about ios7 are the same people that bitch when Facebook gets a UI update "Omg, like wtf happened to Facebook? How can I change it back to the old one?".

Just wait till it's out in the public that's when you'll really hear the complaining of the simple minded.

24. AppleRobert macrumors 603

A minority of folks may not buy new devices because of IOS 7. But I feel that minority is few and far between.

25. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.