The truth about iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bnmcj1, Sep 22, 2014.

1. bnmcj1 macrumors 6502

Read this from The Verge.

While gaining screen size, you just loose ability to handle the phone. You gain very little extra screen size and loose a lot in usability. 5.5" is really small compared to even an iPad mini and it is simply not a very productive size (though you would wish it to be).

Not every user will think that way - or they make excuses to not think that way. Of course. If you just watch movies and write a lot on your phone (when sitting and not on the go), the 6+ is a good choice (though you should use handoff/continuity today and pretty much replace much of your phone use to be more productive).

This is not to justify my own purchase if iPhone 6. I have had Note 3 and know exactly what I want. I want ideally 5" screen and the exact design of iPhone 6. What I think is the best phone design ever built.

Just think about it. 4.7" is quite a big screen already. Do you really need a 5.5" phone? I would wait till they shrink the bezel and give it 2 GB ram. But it would need to be a much smaller bezel. Even then, consider it. I hear a lot of people who are returning the 6+ for the 6 - not as much the other way around.

2. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I wouldn't consider that to be the truth as much as it is a bias review. Everyone has different needs and to justify one over the other is just foolish.

3. bnmcj1 thread starter macrumors 6502

It is the truth that for many people, it is not a good choice. Many go with it because it is the flagship phone and the new, hyped one.

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I didn't lose the ability to handle the phone. I'm using it almost exactly like I used my 5. No real problems handling it with one hand at all.

5. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

This is true as well, can't argue that, poor decision in their part I guess.

6. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

and what about the truth that for many other people it is a good choice?

7. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

It's very subjective. I happen to be 6' 2" and 285lbs...I can handle it with one hand nicely. I understand that someone 5'2" and 100 lbs may have smaller hands and have a different experience.

The key lesson here is HAVE AN OPEN MIND PEOPLE and realize that everyone is built differently. I tire of people making choices for others based on their perceptions.

8. bnmcj1 thread starter macrumors 6502

That is also true, but it really was not the point. I mentioned that it is a good choice for many. Just think that some should consider their choice more and read the article.

9. 617aircav Suspended

How can you say to someone that their choice was not good? Good choice is subjective.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Be prepared to get a lot of flake from members still in denial about that.

This is unfortunately true.

11. bnmcj1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Because as you can see - I talked about those ending up regretting it.

12. Glene macrumors 6502

Mske that two of us, no problems whatsoever.

13. bnmcj1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good for you. Many would wish that, but your situation does not apply to their physics :).

14. wxman2003 Suspended

The iPhone 6 Plus is not "the" flagship phone. It is for the 5.5" inch screen, and the 6 is the flagship for the 4.7 inch screen. Just like the Samsung Note 4 is not their flagship phone. They also have the GS5. Both would be considered flagship phones for their size.

15. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

"Truth" is objective and factual.

This is just another worthless opinion piece to get web views.

:apple:

16. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

The only thing said that makes sense in the original post: Not every user.

17. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

The truth about iPhone 6+

I am really confused by this thread. So you think people need to think about it a little more before they buy the 6+ right? On the other hand it sounds like you are saying it is a bad idea no matter what. Or at least that is how a lot of your post comes across.

I am 6' and have average size hands. I have no problem using the phone, and I am loving every minute.

I don't understand this "the truth about the 6+". Who's truth is this? It's certainly not mine. I totally disagree with most everything you hold as a truth.

18. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

It's debatable whether Apple even has a "flagship" product. IF there is one it's the iPhone line generally and the 6/6 Plus specifically, but you could make the same claim for the MacBook Air, and the MacBook Pro and the Mac Pro, all of which are "flagship" level products within their respective classes.

19. Npggirl7 macrumors member

Agreed.
    To title the thread "The TRUTH about the iPhone 6+ is absurd.
    Poster's truth, maybe.
    THE truth.. heh. NO...

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's how reasonable people think. However, you can't reason with the many members here who think otherwise.

21. golfdude macrumors regular

I would love for someone to shut us all up and post a video of you using this phone one handed. Hop in front of mirror, turn the video camera on, shoot some video, post something on macrumors one handed including the video. I don't believe you can. I am 6'3" and have good size hands and it's not even close to being usable as a one handed device. I have yet to see anyone post it being usuable as a one handed device. Yes, I believe you can hold the phone with one hand, yes you can answer the phone with one hand...but you can't text, browse, shoot video/photos, etc...with one hand.

22. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

This is so stupid, yes stupid. You can't tell people that their CHOICE is wrong. Oh my God!!! Can we kill this STUPID debate.

23. bnmcj1 thread starter macrumors 6502

This.

----------

I did not tell them they were wrong. They did by returning it.

24. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Did Verge ever publish an article knocking the larger android handsets?

There is an OPTION to buy it if you please and take it from there. I believe there will be more returns of the Plus to go with the 6 instead but having a Note 3 as well, I knew my outcome would eventually be the same if I bought the Plus.

What I want to see is what happens down the road past 14 days. That time period wasn't enough for me to be dissatisfied with the Note 3.

25. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

That isn't a truth it is an opinion. Massive difference. For me the size is close to perfect and I can use it on the go, one handed no problem.