Carrier The Verizon iPhone X Pre-Order and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dd0tc, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors regular

Blondie&Dagwood

I understand your frustration, it really is the worst feeling when you see opportunities in front of you to grab a phone, you hesitate for a split second thinking you have the room to breathe, and then once you are committed the phones are gone and none available at all. I made a similar error myself when the 6plus got released where I hesitated for just a tad too long and when I finally committed, they were all gone and I was stuck with just a 6. I changed my approach for the X when I couldn't decide between SG or silver. I was lucky enough to get the 256GB silver during pre-orders for launch day, but when the Verizon store showed me a sneak peak of the SG in person, I started to doubt my decision, so I woke up at 3am in the am last week Thursday, stood in line at the Apple store, and snagged a 256GB SG. Now that I have two, I decided I actually did prefer the Silver and activated that with the intent to return the SG in a week or so. However, now as I see others with SG, I am having doubts again and think I actually do prefer the slick all black look of that, especially in cases where the silver band is visible. No worries at all because of the fact that having both, I can take my time to decide which one I keep for good. I can only imagine the stress of trying to run around town to track down a 256gb SG version this week.

Curious why you waited 3 hours during pre-order though? did you just oversleep, or were you complacent? Was complacency also the reason you never snagged it in store last Friday?

2. TK211X macrumors newbie

You don’t want it enough. I would’ve driven 8 each way.

3. mluman83 macrumors member

mluman83

School work to do... :confused:

4. Kingzope macrumors 6502

Anyone with a business 12/1 ship date get any updates?

5. mbaran macrumors regular

one earlier in this post did, 12/1 purchased at 7AM EST.

6. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Verizon messed up my order for a 2nd time and CS rep was so bad I immediately switched back to T-Mobile. I'll probably be skipping this iPhone entirely since I have to pay the remaining $400 on my 7+.

Trash.

7. thaghost macrumors 6502

I lucked out today folks. Called one of the local Verizon retailers and they received a good shipment today. Was able to get two 256gb today. They had a bunch of 64gb still available...

8. bevo macrumors regular

Curious. If my local best buy or verizon store has an iPhone X in stock ... would I be able to purchase that? I signed up already through the apple upgrade plan... Would they be able to give me the phone through that?

9. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors regular

Blondie&Dagwood

Apple stores in Manhattan NY show that they have all models in stock and available for order and in store pick-up tomorrow for Verizon models. Must have just received a delivery this evening.

10. naturalstar macrumors 6502

Chicagoland area - Apple Store stock is showing for Verizon X, both colors and sizes! Right now!

11. DroptheMike Suspended

I was going to grab one from apple but I have to pay the 65.00 upgrade fee to put me at 50%. Anyone know if I pay it online will it go into effect immediately?

12. thaghost macrumors 6502

Looks like all the central Florida stores got shipments.

13. mluman83 macrumors member

mluman83

Trying to check Gainesville stores stock online but the server is down... ugh. If Gainesville got some then I'm taking an emergency lunch break at 10am.

14. mluman83 macrumors member

mluman83

Talked to Verizon on the phone and they said my local store had 1 SG 256 in stock. Went to the store... "We have none, it's an inventory glitch".

Back to waiting on my pre order to move.

15. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

Has anyone here with a current delivery date of 12/6 had any movement? Nothing here.. yet!

16. SoufDuJour macrumors newbie

SoufDuJour

Personally I am unable to check myself but I’ll have one of my coworkers check for me next week. Based off what I’ve been reading on other delivery dates being moved up (Dec 1st etc) II anticipate us seeing ours either move up next week or even ship next week. It’s also possible that ours could ship soon without an update on the EDD.

This is all based on what I’ve been reading in these forums and the Verizon wireless forums

17. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

I sure hope so... Im limping by on a 6 plus with terrible battery and a charging port that’s about 100 percent broke.

WIth that said, if anything changes with my order I’ll be sure to update this thread....

18. SoufDuJour macrumors newbie

SoufDuJour

What's wrong with your charging port? If you need to have the cable plugged in a certain way or if it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't it is likely due to too much dust in the port hole. Nothing a little TLC can't take care of.

19. TheDeuce55555 macrumors newbie

My X should be here today. Original 12/1 delivery date for a business line.

20. mbaran macrumors regular

Does your Verizon portal show that it's been shipped or did you just happen to get tracking via MyChoice/FedEx Delivery Manager?

I have no insight into when the CC is charged, so I have to just play it by ear. The big restock last night makes me hopeful though.

Was it overnight from CN?

21. gobybill macrumors newbie

gobybill

Nothing yet for me SG 256...haven't seen any others yet either.

istocknow.com is showing quite a few X's around the country...stopped by my Verizon store today to see if they got any...they have no X's at all.

The bank's web portal and VZW.com probably get more hits this time of year than the rest of the year put together.

22. jtcouch macrumors member

I received an email from Verizon saying the order had shipped.

23. Kyboocat macrumors newbie

Kyboocat

I have the same 12/6 delivery date, also with no movement yet. Hoping it will be in the next few days!

24. Withavision macrumors member

nope... I have 12/6 date no movement. I ordered like 4 hours after it opened. 256GB SG

25. gobybill macrumors newbie

gobybill

My understanding based on what others have said and my recollection of last year, is that the CC charge shows up first, then the email from Verizon with the tracking number a couple of hours later, then maybe...the shipping status updates at some point on vzw.com, or the app. I've heard of people getting their phones before the status updates on the site.