The worst injury you've ever had...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macfem, Jan 20, 2010.

1. macfem macrumors member

What was the worst that has happened to you physically? I've broken both my legs and arm in a 3 vehicle car crash...how about you? [​IMG]

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Honestly- nothing, really. Which is strange, because I'm quite athletic and a daredevil. I was a skydiver for three years, danced for six, and I've been lifting weights most of my life. I've even been hit by a car and in a train wreck.

I better knock on wood.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Can't tell you... haven't signed a HIPAA release ;-)

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I've broken my left wrist a couple of times. That's about it.

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Unbreakable? ;)

Broke my left wrist and had nasty roadrash after flying off my bicycle. With style I might add. :cool:

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ha! Nope. I've got arthritis in both knees.

7. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

3rd degree sprain in my right ankle in a nasty bicycle accident. I completely ruptured my ATFL (Anterior Talofibular Ligament). I needed 2 surgeries to repair it. It happened over 2 years ago and I am still feeling the pain.

8. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

Second year of high school i decided to jump over a badminton net ( i made it over 2 times, the 3rd was a charm) i got my foot caught on the net. I broke my left arm, it looked like a god damn "S." When i went to the hospital they look an xray, broke it in 4 places and de-angulated it 45 degrees. So i was sitting in the ER for about an hour in SOOOO much pain begging for someone to do something.. so they finally flipped me over and gave me a shot of morphine in my ass! i was in heaven.. couldn't feel squat.... SO after a little bit they took me into surgery and then got casted up...

then about a year later....

jumped out of a car going 30mph, broke my right arm in 4 and 1/2 places. Needed to go into surgery to get the full break and then casted up for like 3 months i think...

9. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

compound fracture on my left forearm and dislocated left shoulder all in one shot. Let me tell you seeing your busted bone sticking about an inch and a half out of your arm is not fun. It really looked like I had two elbows. two metal plates 14 screws and four surgeries... ahh the memories

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I've had a lot of minor and moderate injuries, but fortunately nothing serious.

6 cracked ribs
    2 cracked ribs (separate incident)
    Lacerations to shin, thumb, finger, palm and thigh requiring stitches (no more than 6)
    Bruising to the lateral epicondyle of my humerus
    Concussion
    Sprained ankle
    Sprained 3 MCP joints
    Tore an extenstor in my left hand

And right now the tendon of the short head of my left bicep is rolling over a lesser tubercle kind of painfully. I'm missing one more, but I can't recall.

11. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

^^^ how much of that list (if any) is from climbing?

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Pain wise it has to be hurting my back in May. To date my daily diet consists of anything that relieves pain. I've broken my arm twice, a couple of toes, tore the ligaments in my foot, and fell in a stroller when I was a baby and broke the rod which pierced my lower lip.

I'm sure there is more but that's it for now.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We need to discuss safety precautions. ;) You better not let go of the rope when we climb next time! :D

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well when I was in fifth grade, September 11, 2001, I got a rather nasty cut on my abdomen. It was four inches across and went about six inches deep.

Of course that was surgery to get my appendix removed, but it still hurt! There wasn't enough morphine in that hospital to keep me tripping happy for very long.

I dunno, Bruce Willis had all sorts of excuses why he wasn't "unbreakable" until he realized the truth. And you're both bald!

15. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

the worst injury that had the biggest impact on my life was when I broke two vertebrae and sacrum in horseback riding accident.
    three months in wheel chair and 18 months physio to learn to walk and run again.

other wise I have had a total of 48 broken bones not counting repeats, my right ankle has been broken 5 times, and my nose 4.

16. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Why would anybody do that? :eek:

That's it? I thought with your spider man moonlighting you had at least a broken arm or something. ;)

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Oh geez, my little sister did this back in October, only it was a tennis net (not sure if there is a different). She made it over the first time, but the second time she broke the end off her ulna. :(

I've broken my left arm twice. The first time I was about 4 and I tripped over my dad's feet in a McDonald's and slid into a metal door. The second time I fell of my horse and broke my elbow.

18. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

19. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Cage fighting is a real bitch, isn't it? :p

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Little rdowns getting caught in a zipper.
    Dislocated elbow and shoulder- ****ing tequila.:rolleyes:

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Willis when he was in town several years ago shooting a film. Talked to him on a daily basis for weeks. Very cool guy. Probably one of the nicest celebs I've ever met.

22. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've torn both of the ACLs in my knees (at different times). Those tie for first place on my list of worst injuries.

23. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I went over my handlebars mountain biking once, flew right into a tree. Needless to say, the tree won and I separated my shoulder. It was black and blue for about two weeks, then turned a sickly green... it still pops in and out sometimes. :)

24. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

In high school, I fractured my tailbone and dislocated my right hip. All because some idiot pulled a chair out from under me when I was about to sit in it. It doesn't sound bad, but that affectes everything. It hurt when I stood or sat down.

In a close race would be when I tried to amputate my own finger with my own sword. I wasn't paying attention when I picked it up, and it popped out of the scabbard. It cut a nice line on my middle finger. It was a nice, clean, cut so it didn't actually that badly at the time. The blood gushing out was rather disturbing, though.

25. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard