The Worst Thing About iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willmtaylor, Aug 7, 2016.

1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What's the most common complaint that you hear about iPhones from folks that you wouldn't consider to be technophiles? (No MRF members. No one complaining about PPI or Samsung RAM.) Just gripes from Average Joe about his iPhone?

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

I wish after 3 years, Apple would redesign the iPhone

3. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks for the reply, but not the question. You're on MRF, so you're obviously not the Joe Schmo off the street.

I would like to get a feel for the average consumer's gripes about the iPhone.

4. gyrf macrumors newbie

gyrf

5. mazdamiata210 Suspended

Definitely battery life, especially on a 6/6s or older devices... The Plus devices usually are fine.

Also, slowing down because people have 194598505 apps open in multitasking or haven't rebooted since day 1

6. GP-SE macrumors 6502

battery life and RF performance. Motorola was always the king of RF.

7. RedOrchestra Suspended

And then b-tch incessantly about the lack of RAM.

8. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

B/c MRF is a macrocasm. I'm more interested in the general public's gripes than a bunch over over-obsessive geek's opinions (mine included).

9. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

The OP was crystal clear:
    --- Post Merged, Aug 7, 2016 ---
    @willmtaylor
    Price.
    "Closed" OS.

10. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Battery life, pretty much (which is expected considering many people let their iPhones on max brightness and rarely put it to sleep).
    Interestingly, I don't hear much complaints about price per se. Apple carries quite a powerful brand that people already accepted the price to be premium.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

"How do I do 'X'?"
    "How do I sync the stuff on my iPhone with another device?"
    "Why are new apps popping up on my iPhone that I did not download?" Coworker's daughter was downloading apps on mom's account and the option to push to each device was on.
    "How can I get enough space to install the OTA update?" At the time coworker owned 16GB iPhone

Pretty much the only questions I get relate to the functionality of and features of iOS. My coworkers were not even aware of the fact that they had 16GB capacity phones until their consumption of apps and personal data began to constrict their use of the device. When they upgraded they got 64GB devices simply because they didn't want to have to think about capacity.

12. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

16 GB for a base model is not acceptable.

13. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Really? That's what your iPhone-using friends and aquaintences say?

14. RedOrchestra Suspended

Exactly, after knowingly buying the cheapest iPhone in the line-up?

15. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

More or less for the price point. Not to mention software updates consume the memory and after initializing the iPhone for the first time with complete set up, it's more so 11 GB after the fact. So yes, most from what I have heard, should have invested in 64 GB.

17. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Combination of poor battery, 16GB storage, and updates - people get sick of iOS updates, either from constant changes or from slow downs.

18. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Interesting to me considering that's a choice of the consumer.

19. oldmacs macrumors 68040

its more that people can only afford a certain level, thus they get the base model. Many average consumers aren't educated enough and just assume that whatever Apple is selling will be sufficient. I'm heavily constrained by a low budget, so I always have had a 16GB phone and its a bloody nightmare.

Thank goodness it looks like 32GB will become the new low end in 2016. Should have happened in 2012/2013 but oh well.

20. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Some consumers never consider the technical aspects, all they see is a shiney new iPhone and take what's cheapest. It's not uncommon, until they realize the require additional storage.

21. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The average consumer I encounter is satisfied with their iPhone. Most admit they neither understand or care to learn about its features. They simply use the phone minimally and go on about their business.

22. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I know you use several different phones; you must have friends/family coming to you with iPhone complaints. What do they complain about?

23. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Plus guests are not allowed to post. Everyone able to post in here are literally MRF members. I don't get his point.

24. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Battery and storage, most of the time. Then I ask why they bought 16 GB and the answer is always "I thought it would be enough!" Battery is not that hard to get through a day, I've never had an issue with it compared to others that need to charge 2 times a day.

25. Sunny1990, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

No Bluetooth sharing with other devices no direct download from browser + the price,that's the most i hear from people ;):D