THEORY - iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S Harmony Announcement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by griffinmeyer, Oct 1, 2011.

1. griffinmeyer macrumors member

I will start off by saying this, any true Apple fan knows that keynotes are filled with surprises and a few "Oh, and there's one more thing"'s. On the subject of the iPhone 4S iTunes beta controversy, do you really think Apple is stupid enough to leak something like that? Don't you see what's going on? It's right in front of us, and we are still blind to the answer. On the morning of October 4th at 10 AM, Apple will begin a keynote that will change the iPhone forever. At first, they will announce the iPhone 4S. The crowd will be mixed with clapping and boo-ing. They will talk about its new features, and what it can do. They may touch base on some iPod refreshments as well. As the time nears 11 AM, the press is disappointed, and Apple has let the tech community down. But wait... there's one more thing :apple:

If you don't understand what I said, I will explain it in a nutshell. Apple will announce the iPhone 4S and play the audience like a piano. Then, they will surprise everyone and announce the iPhone 5.

Your thoughts?

One Missed Call = There's One More Thing

Attached Files:

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Good thing there aren't 50 other threads talking about this

4. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Maybe they just wanted the phone icon to look less empty. Not everything is a cryptic message....

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

The entire invite in general is a cryptic message, albeit a very easy one.

6. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

the one = 1 phone imo

but if a second iphone is a one more thing then it doesn't leave much time to talk about it if they leave it till the end.

7. sephyleader2 macrumors newbie

the rest of the keynote could be short? even more dissapointment and even more shock value? or the could just have a long one more thing? theyve done long ones before its not like they have to be short.

8. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

I was just going by the timing tc mentioned. "As the time nears 11am" which to me would seem a bit late to announce something that big.

9. griffinmeyer thread starter macrumors member

"Nears" is defined by your own perception. "Nears" could be 10:30. 30 minutes is a lot of time.

10. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

The badge simply means you have a notification. The calendar icon shows the date. The clock icon shows the time. The map icon shows the location. The phone icon with a notification badge means that Apple will be notifying us about the iPhone. Thats it.

11. sephyleader2 macrumors newbie

arent keynotes usually one and a half to two hours though? either way by anouncing the iphone 5 i doubt the press would mind staying a few extra minutes..... :D

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

1 missed call = 1 thing they forgot to announce / mention = it was missed in the event

13. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Hey kid don't get your panties in a twist because your theory is flawed.

14. griffinmeyer thread starter macrumors member

I am open to any ideas, and I do not mind if my theory is debunked. That is why I put it out on the forums, for it to be criticized and judged. Please do not view my replies as offensive, as they have no intentions of being any such thing.

15. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

16. admanimal macrumors 68040

I don't think you know what cryptic means.

17. batting1000 macrumors 604

Why's that?

18. admanimal macrumors 68040

Because you said the message was both cryptic and easy to understand. If it's easy to understand then by definition it is not cryptic.

The message in the invite could not be more clear and less cryptic. It says the date, time, location (the Maps icon has Apple HQ on it) and purpose of the event. The purpose of course being to give us a message about the iPhone.

Apple does not put stupid hidden messages in its press invitations.

19. batting1000 macrumors 604

It can by cryptic but easy to solve.

Cryptic essentially means a mysterious puzzle or a puzzle requiring thinking.

20. applefan289 macrumors 68000

This reminds me of the South Park episode The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs.

Not everything has a meaning at a higher level. :rolleyes:

21. admanimal macrumors 68040

Anyone who thinks there is anything mysterious about this invitation is on drugs.

22. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

Or a moron

23. griffinmeyer thread starter macrumors member

Well then I guess that settles it. About 85% of the internet is a moron and on drugs.

24. applefan289 macrumors 68000

You got that right!

25. admanimal macrumors 68040

That sounds like a conservative estimate to me.