They need an aluminum keyboard with black backlit keys

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by seven7seven, Aug 16, 2009.

1. seven7seven macrumors regular

May 5, 2009
  2. Buzz Bumble Guest

Oct 19, 2008
    New Zealand
    And a black mouse to go with it ... and to stop packaging that silly tiny keyboard with iMacs - it looks ridiculous in front of a 24" iMac!! Bring back the proper full size keyboards as standard.
  3. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    Hmmm dunno about that. Have u seen how fast the black keys wear out (shiny) on the new unibodies Books?
  4. macjram macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2008
    I really like the backlight idea.

Maybe a keyboard with a glass trackpad (like umbp) attached to it (like instead of the numeric pad it'd be a trackpad).
  5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

Oct 29, 2006
    ~119W 34N
    For a backlight, I'd gladly give up [optionally] some battery life on the BT keyboard. Black would also be nice - much better contrast than the aluminum color (also, all our 'books have moved on to black keys - it'd be nice to have a matching set).
  6. koruki macrumors 65816

Aug 16, 2009
    New Zealand
    The Logitech Illuminated keyboard is a really good substitute. The keys are made like a laptop keyboard, the backlight intensity is adjustable like the macbook. There is no light sensor to control how bright the backlight is though

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In terms of key stroke feel its almost the same as my MBP
  7. Arnenys macrumors member

Mar 30, 2008
    Have you seen how fast white keys go brown? :eek:
  8. Gugalpm macrumors member

Apr 22, 2009
    I'd like new keyboards, doesn't matter the colour. I'd only like the keys to remain the same height, retain the same feel, etc.
  9. Buzz Bumble Guest

Oct 19, 2008
    New Zealand
    That's good, because Apple have just announced that the white keyboard is gone. They will now only be producing day-glow pink keyboards. ;)
  10. belvdr macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2005
    Do you mean like the old PowerBook G4's? My old 17" 1.33 G4 had aluminum colored keys. Personally, I like the black ones better. I believe the backlight works better on them for whatever reason.

Attached Files: