They need an aluminum keyboard with black backlit keys

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by seven7seven, Aug 16, 2009.

1. seven7seven macrumors regular

2. Buzz Bumble Guest

And a black mouse to go with it ... and to stop packaging that silly tiny keyboard with iMacs - it looks ridiculous in front of a 24" iMac!! Bring back the proper full size keyboards as standard.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Hmmm dunno about that. Have u seen how fast the black keys wear out (shiny) on the new unibodies Books?

4. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

I really like the backlight idea.

Maybe a keyboard with a glass trackpad (like umbp) attached to it (like instead of the numeric pad it'd be a trackpad).

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

For a backlight, I'd gladly give up [optionally] some battery life on the BT keyboard. Black would also be nice - much better contrast than the aluminum color (also, all our 'books have moved on to black keys - it'd be nice to have a matching set).

6. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

The Logitech Illuminated keyboard is a really good substitute. The keys are made like a laptop keyboard, the backlight intensity is adjustable like the macbook. There is no light sensor to control how bright the backlight is though

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In terms of key stroke feel its almost the same as my MBP

7. Arnenys macrumors member

Have you seen how fast white keys go brown? :eek:

8. Gugalpm macrumors member

I'd like new keyboards, doesn't matter the colour. I'd only like the keys to remain the same height, retain the same feel, etc.

9. Buzz Bumble Guest

That's good, because Apple have just announced that the white keyboard is gone. They will now only be producing day-glow pink keyboards. ;)

10. belvdr macrumors 603

Do you mean like the old PowerBook G4's? My old 17" 1.33 G4 had aluminum colored keys. Personally, I like the black ones better. I believe the backlight works better on them for whatever reason.

Attached Files: