Thinking of defecting....stop me!.!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Oct 12, 2011.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I have a iPhone 4 for a year, before that had a 3Gs, I've also got an iPad 2, Apple TVs, iMac so am ab Apple fan.

I like many other iPhone 4 was a little disappointed with 4S. Siri is cool, but I won't use it.

So for the 1st time ever I've looked at Android phones bhave to say I'm impressed. Been looking at Samsung S2, HTC Sensation XE, Xperia Arc S.

I think when the iPhone 5 comes I will get that, but do I stick with my iPhone 4 for another year, or try out one of the above phones and Android?

I'll still have my fix with iOS5 on my iPad 2. So tempted. Big thing for ms is bigger screen, above have 4.3" screens for only a little bigge physical phone.

Anyone any comments, anyone doing same? I hope to get about £330 for my iPhone 4, and above phones SIM free range from £350 for Arc S, £450 for XE, and S2 £410.

Cheers

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Go for it man, you only live once. Then at least you'll know what you really want.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

How much money do you have invested in apps, accessories? Car adapters? Thermostats that can be changed from iPhone?

These are reasons I'm staying with iOS. A lot of $$ and accessories that only work with iPhone.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You have to do what is right for you. I spent a year on Android and I liked it but I opted to return to iOS.

5. 2010RS macrumors 6502

6. S7A2G6 macrumors member

S7A2G6

Go ahead and dive into the ice creams. Find out which you like better.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

OP, no one in here should talk you in or out of your choice. You are curious...go out and explore alternative lifestyles. You may find yourself out there, or realize you were better off here. (we are still talking about phone choice here, right?)

8. Huracan macrumors 6502

Huracan

Bon voyage! Tell us how everything works out for you. I am not gonna try to stop you. I assume you are old enough to take your decision.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Go. One less person fighting to d/l i OS 5 later. :D

10. ripper998 macrumors regular

tried a friends android, dont understand the fascination. I could care less for a large screen because the phone wont fit in my slacks right, looks like I am carrying something more. I find it funny how people think this is a lack luster upgrade. Its not only twice as fast with a better camera but now has an assistant. However because it doesn't have a screen an inch larger its a flop? What if they kept it all the same and just had a bigger screen? Success then?

11. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I'm not going to talk you out of it, but I would recommend a few things.

Try out an Android phone as much as possible before you switch. I find it difficult to use and once you get past some of the "flashy" stuff like widgets, you realize that it is actually pretty clunky compared to iOS.

Also, keep in mind that you'll lose all of your apps, iCloud, iMessage, and some of the cool new stuff that is coming down the pike.

After that, if you're still convinced, give Android a try. Personally, if you're really thinking you're getting the iPhone 5 I don't know why you'd waste your time switching and switching back.

12. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Android - If you really want to think about what you are doing

iOS - Mom can use it.

iPhones out perform any android hands down. Its written far better, and is WAY more optimized.

Specs are just that... specs. They mean nothing in real world. What do you need a 1.5ghz dual core phone for? To do the exact same thing you are doing right now with no benefit whatsoever?

Its like when people bought Intel over AMD back in the day because intel had higher GHZ... AMD was faster across the board.

13. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Go and then when you come back you can put up a post here on how you are the Prodigal son etc. :)

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

BYE! You've said it all!!! Nothing I can say will make you change your mind...Sorry to see ya' go! :eek:

15. Shearwater macrumors regular

Shearwater

I'll give you £50 for your iPhone......

16. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

try it... I tried and came back. I am very happy with iPhone 4 design :) sell 4 and get 4S...

17. navindralr macrumors member

If you're def going to get the iPhone 5, and contemplating getting an Android, then I would get an Android. Why not? Experience it for a year... They appearantly have some sick stuff coming out in the near future. Keep the iPhone 4... switch between them if you get bored lol. Get the iPhone 5 when it drops..

Everyone I know who plays with an Android phone says they're not that bad... Maybe it's bc everyone is so used to iOS and doesn't want to deal with the learning curve/change. I had a friend who went from iPhone to droid and swears by it...

18. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Whatever Android phone you get will be out-dated 6 weeks later. iPhone 4S will be the top model for another year (probably).

19. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Go for it. Who cares what others think? If this is what you want then do it.

20. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Some funny comments thanks :)

I never said that 4S was a flop, it's just me personally that inwas disappointed. I wanted a bigger screen most off. Everyone knew it would have faster CPU, better camera, I was wanting something else sorry.

I havent held one of the phones yet so need to first as someone says I don't want it too physically big. But mate has an HTC Evo 3D, and obviously it's bigger but want by much.

I lot of things are good on Android, pull down for quick settings is superb for one, having to go through so many clicks to switch on/off Bluetooth is daft. Then Bluetooth is only for headsets? little things like this that's all.

I love Apple stuff, just my phone is always with me and I'm on it constantly, and I like a new phone every year!

21. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I was in a similar boat and I got the Sprint Galaxy S II last week and am really enjoying it! I may return to iOS if the iPhone 5 tempts me, but for now I'm enjoying the change :)

22. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Convince you? What are you 12?

Get lost.

And close the door on your way out.

23. kunaalarria macrumors member

i went to the Htc eve 3d, just because i was bored of iOS and wanted to try it. I couldn't stand it after 2-3 days, but at the same time, it's like an itch, and you have to try it, before you know what you really want

24. MicroByte macrumors 6502

I say give it a shot. You'll always be in wonder about if something is better until you actually do it. You can always come back to an iPhone that suits your needs in the future.

To me, you shouldn't feel obligated to stick by any one device or company. Try it, see if it's for you. Like I said, you can always get another iPhone down the line.

Good luck! :)

25. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

Just note that within the Android community, Samsung has the worst reputation for support - both hardware and software.