This forum is so unhealthy!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Sep 22, 2014.

1. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Honestly, what on earth is going on with these posts.

I didn't get my phone yet and I am already worried about slanted text on the back, bent iPhones for being in the pockets, loose home buttons, and other issues (that are not really that serious).

But now I'm aware of these and it sucks, I should really stop reading here, it's contagious.

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

3. bryancee macrumors regular

Stay positive. A lot of phones on here are perfect.

4. cnotes2019 Suspended

5. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Or you could learn from others experiences and check for issues when your phone arrives. Is that not helpful ?

6. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

No, because I don't want to go back and exchange my phone for a slanted text, due to the fact that I would have never realized that.

7. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

People like to blather.

Misery loves company.

8. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

Don't worry about it, most phones are fine! It is a just a select few unlucky ones.

9. bryancee macrumors regular

You shouldn't go back just for slanted text to begin with. Lol.

10. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Well, me personally I would rather know about production issues ahead of time than to simply do this:

[​IMG]

The key is to not get paranoid about it, simply know what to look for when you first get your phone and enjoy it.

11. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Don't let the negativity of others consume you. While some gripes are actual issues, others are merely those who want the phone and couldn't get it or some other type of negativity. Perform inspections for the most common issues and enjoy your phone when you get it!

12. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

13. jon3543 macrumors 6502

There are probably a couple hundred cranks and worse out of what, 7 billion, who are responsible for these posts year after year. It's no different than a typical sports forum or stock forum. Maybe 1% of this vanishingly small amount of noise is legitimate; it just seems otherwise because it's so concentrated here.

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Post in forums is an endorphin thing providing the release to give the feeling of satisfaction.

When seeking the truth or facts filter out the high and the low and the truth is somehwere in between. Do not let it upset you, if you do, you are doing it wrong!:p

15. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it doesn't help that the first page contains at least 5 topics about faults found in their phones :\

16. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

You should not take to seriously things that you read on here. It's quite understandable that these people who have issues with their devices would dig on the internet to find solutions or ask for help. Millions of others do not need to write on the internet to say that their devices is fine. Just don't worry about it, if your device have any issues send it back and get it replaced, that simple.

17. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

It is amazing that these iPhones are pretty much unanimously rated the best smartphones anyone has ever made, and yet people still find things to complain endlessly about. But it is the nature of the internet unfortunately.

That said, the majority of the people on this forum are very positive about the new iPhone and the impact its having on their lives.

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The VAST majority are very happy with their phones.

YOU got to keep things in perspective and know that most people do not even know about this forum. Most are just using and enjoying. If you do not realise that then these forums dna the psots will do nothing but upset you.

You got to remember that you will meet the FULL range of people/personalities in these forums. Some are good and reasonable and other off the chart! It is YOUR responsibility to keep it all in perspective!

19. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Pretty much all mass manufactured goods will have some variance in individual units. There's nothing you can do about it, so why worry?

20. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

In a sense, maybe, but not when it causes you to notice and be bothered by unimportant things like the writing on the back being slightly slanted, which you probably never would have paid any mind to if people didn't bring it up here.

The problem is that on the internet you tend to hear a lot from the people who aren't happy, but the millions who are fine are too busy enjoying their phones. Not many people are going to make a thread just to say "everything's a-okay with my phone!" It creates a very skewed perspective of product quality.

21. phillytim, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

This is exactly what happens when the masses meet the internet.

It's like chat rooms. Back in the 90s, when you had IRC, it took a little skill & brainpower to set up Winsock and get into a text-based chatroom. Then the web & flash/java became popular and the average goofball could log into webchats, and it all went to hell with such idiotics.

That's how things roll........

22. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

23. lke macrumors 6502a

It is unhealthy because they delete threads that don't like them. A good thread. I started was deleted. I will stop posting here because it is a waste of time.
    If you type something that they don't like they delete all the thread or your post.

Also some users maybe are android fans and post only bad things.

The best is to come here only to find a solution for some issues, you can do better things

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Your not helping this forum by posting in the wrong damn forum section.

Maybe I please direct you over to the site forum and feedback section.

25. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry, I have been around here a good while and the mods do not generally delete threads they do not like. Most threads are deleted because they break the rules here. I have seen mods go out of their way to be tolerant.