This iPhone 6 One Of The Worst Looking iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Oct 28, 2014.

?

The Best iPhone Design?

1. iPhone 2g/3g/3gs

16 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. iPhone 4/4s

92 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. iPhone 5/5s

114 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. iPhone 5c

8 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. iPhone 6/6 Plus

174 vote(s)
    43.1%
  1. Konvictz macrumors regular

So like all new iphone releases I have been showing off my iPhone to my friends, most of them android users.

They always comment on how design wise the iPhone looks so good but this time they were not impressed design wise.

They are saying the iPhone 4/4s and 5/5s design was better looking.

And I can see where they are coming from. By the way feature wise, screen quality etc I'm pretty happy with (im a plus user).

The front looks very nice, very shiny well polished, very sleek.

However the back looks poor. The thick lines running across are very striking, and not in a good way, people are commenting negatively on these lines.

And so they should because no other apple product has thick lines running across, and none of the competitor devices do except for htc m8 which does it in a very sleek manner, not thick like iPhone.

The plasticky rubbery texture of the lines severely dents the built quality, looks unfinished and toyish.

You wouldnt expect a device like the macbook air or mac pro to have thick rubbery lines running across it.

Any way I personally think the iPhone 4/4s generation was the strongest design, so sleek, glass, felt and looked so premium. Obviously if they made it glass with the current thinness it would look immense.

Anyone else feel the current iPhone design is one the worst?

2. Koobs macrumors regular

Koobs

Surprise, surprise. Android users crapping on an iPhone. Never heard of that before.

3. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Nope. I hated the 5 series. I think the 6 series is the best iPhone design to date.

4. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

I'm a 4S fan.

Will probably jump on the 6 at some point, maybe hold for a 6S ;)

5. 617aircav Suspended

What are the ages of these friends?

6. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Lol erm my age? Why would that be important?

7. myztikal47 macrumors regular

The 6/6+ is the best looking out of all of them. With that being said, I wouldn't have minded if they had square edges like the iPhone 5, not because it would look nicer, but it would look almost just as nice, and I'm sure it would have prevented the whole #bendgate and #wobblegate issues that have sprung about.

8. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

I think this poll went all wrong, the thread title is "iPhone 6 is the worst" and then the poll title says which one is "the best".

I didnt even read the poll title and thought we are selecting the "worst design", probably thats why most people selected the 6.

9. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

These new iPhones are the best looking smartphones anyone has ever made. I couldn't be happier with both models. They are delight to hold, use and exhibit in public.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think the 5/5S had the best design followed by the 4/4s.

11. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Don't care much, never have.
    Before Apple entered this market no one else cared much, either.

12. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I have owned them all except the first one. I think the 6/plus look is the best, it's what I voted for.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Is is the best looking iPhone ever? No, I don't think so, but it ain't ugly either. OP, I wouldn't worry what your friends say about your phone.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Came to also say this. It's not ugly and who cares what people say.

15. BensonTT macrumors regular

BensonTT

Op is right.. I have been an iPhone user since the 2g model and the iPhone 6/6+ is meh.. Nothing great about.. I just love the iOS that's why I haven't switch to Samsung etc..

16. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I like the 4 and the black slate 5. At this point I'm not a big fan of the 6 and 6 Plus design. Maybe it'll grow on me.

17. iPhilPHX, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

I do prefer the look and feel of the 5/5s. It just looks polished and like it has "substance". If my own 5 handn't started to suffer from terrible battery life I'd probably have kept it another year or so. Now, having said that and having been in possession of my 6 (64GB/Silver) for just under a week now I can honestly say I DO like it very much. The size increase is a pleasant surprise and it really doesn't look bad in any way, I do just think the 5 has a certain something that sets it apart. Overall I'm happy with the purchase though.

18. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

The black 5 was probably the most elegant design to me. The 5S comes in a close second , only because they switched to Space Grey. Actually the 4 and 4S were pretty nice too.

The 6/6 Plus are nice, but not as nice as the 4/5.

19. ,,, macrumors newbie

I don't think any phone will ever look as good as the naked slate/black iphone 5 did. To me, that was the pincicle of design for any consumer product, ever. That's how strongly I feel about it.

Even the space grey 5s was ugly by comparison. The design balance just looked off in my view.

Unfortunately I can't see Apple ever returning to a similar design as the all black anodized aluminium proved to be impractical with the scuffing issues (something that I personally didn't mind).

My main complaint with the 6 is that it doesn't have the same light, airly feeling as the 5 did, which of course is understandable given its greater size. It's obviously still not a heavy phone by any means though. Other than that, I think it's a good design.

20. golftime macrumors newbie

I really want to love the iPhone 6/6 plus, primarily for the larger screen, but I just can't. The look simply doesn't appeal to me, and the camera protrusion from the back is to me, an unforgivable design flaw. I don't see how you design a phone with all smooth, proportionate lines and edges, with that ugly nib sticking out the back. A slightly thicker phone to keep the camera lens flush would have allowed for a larger battery and overall more esthetically pleasing design.

My dilemma is that the battery in my 5 is starting to go, so I will probably have to replace the batter on that, or do an upgrade. I might try waiting for the 6S but given the history of iPhones, I doubt we will see an entirely new design.

21. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

22. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Found the root of all your problems.... Grow up, it's a phone, move on with life.

23. kepler20b, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

kepler20b macrumors 6502

4 > 6>>>>>>>>field>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5

the 4 was a transformative product that aligned perfectly with the ethos of apple
    6 seems to be a design slightly ahead of its time. Somewhat muted by the standard presence of home buttom and large chin/forehead, but the utility of thinness and curved sides along with the unabashed protruding camera give it a lot of character.
    5 is extremely muted and uninspiring. it's a box and the breaks in color are too harsh.

24. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I was going to say, why would you care about how good your phone looks, and showing it off, but then I remembered I was on an Apple forum.

25. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Same here - like the industrial looking soap bars. The curved edges of the 6 is a throwback to the 2G original.