This Is It People - Preorder Begins Tomorrow Night!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Jan 31, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Since it is now officially Tuesday, the Verizon iPhone 4 Preorder begins tomorrow (Wednesday) night...well, technically Thurs. morning at 3am eastern. How many of you plan to preorder the iPhone? How are you going to spend the next 48-50 hours? I will be trying to concentrate at work but it will be very difficult. How much are you all anticipating this event?

2. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I'll pre-order....

Well I'm pretty excited, I've wanted an iPhone since the first one came out....it's been a looooooooong wait, which is why I refuse to wait even longer for the next version. I've waited enough. I'll be happy to throw away my old Droid.

3. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Still 11:30pm Monday here.

I'm excited. I'll be stalking the order page from 2 machines from 12:30a til it launches here.

4. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I will be ordering also. Full retail though but, I've waited and told myself this will be the ONE Apple product I buy on day one. Sell the Droid to recoup some of the cost. Sit on my October upgrade to see what the summer or next February brings us. I am interested to see if Apple's $50 lower retail still pans out and will be toggling between the VZW & Apple site when the time comes.

As for what I will do to pass the time? Work. Speaking of which, I better get back to it. Good luck to everyone- see you on the other side!

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Yeah I work today until 6am MST
    Then I work 6pm-6am tomorrow (Tuesday).

Then I have Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat off so Wed night I'll be getting ready for pre-order.

6. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Luckily I work freelance from home, but get most of my word done at night (I'm on PST). I'm usually up till 2-3-4 anyhow so doesn't hurt too much. Just trying to get a little ahead in case the pre-order goes all "fiasco" on us. :)

7. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I've been counting the hours since last week. It's unhealthy. :) You can be sure that I'll be up all night tomorrow night until I've got my two iPhones preordered.

8. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

One of the last things my Droid will be doing is counting down til pre-order.

I've got the "Final Countdown" widget counting down til 1am exactly. Since I'm already on Verizon, obviously for pre-order, it should be in sync.

2 days. 1hr. 10mins. 10 seconds.

9. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

Ah yes, you have a Droid as well. The only thing I'll miss is the free Google Nav, that was/is pretty nice to have. Other than that, if I wasn't selling it, I would stomp it into tiny pieces. Weird because it started out "OK" and then steadily declined over time. Must have something to do with the OS updates.

I don't know where you are, but here in L.A. the original Droid is a fairly hot commodity on Craigslist. People are buying them and then having them flashed to Metro PCS. So the re-sell is fairly decent. $150+ ish. Obviously not GREAT but, not bad.

Obviously you can tell I'm not working. This is why I need to get ahead for Weds night.

EDIT- I see you're in Arizona.

10. Rodvette macrumors regular

You are like 8th (i think) person post that they are switching from a droid to an iphone as I am. Sounds like your experience with your droid is similar to mine, I plan on keeping my droid in case of a rainy day heh. Its been too good to me for to sell it, but an iphone is what I originally wanted so its time to make the jump :)

11. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I think most of us who have the Droid are in the same sort of boat. We knew the iPhone was coming but, we got tired of it not coming so we sort of caved in and got a better phone than what we had at the time.

Not like some of the people who got a phone a couple months ago. For me though I got it in September so I'm a ways off from my upgrade. I'm paying full retail so the Droid will go on CL and help recoup a few of those $'s.

12. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Haha. Mine too!!

13. snakelda macrumors 6502

I just sold my Droid today and I am using my Dare until the iPhone comes out.

14. Austin M., Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011

Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I am probably going to stick with the iPhone 4 for a year or two before my contract is up, then switch to Verizon.

Until the iPhone comes out? What? You mean iPhone 5 not original right? Haha. :)

15. ssbearsfan macrumors member

I wish I was in your boat. I have been rocking the original Blackberry Storm since June of 2009. I cannot wait to throw it off of my balcony and into the street next week.

16. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Sold my Droid Incredible last week and am using an old Razr phone. How the hell did we survive with these things :)

17. chestvrg macrumors 65816

The 3rd begins at midnight, so there is more than 48hrs left for pre order, not including the additional 3hrs past midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. nanna24 macrumors newbie

I'm counting down the hours and minutes until the pre-order begins. iTunes on my iMac has been updated with the latest version, my contacts are ready to be synced, and I have a $25 iTunes card waiting for me to use on apps. I'm glad I didn't use my early upgrade in December. :D

19. saberahul macrumors 68040

Yep it's the lousiest phone ever.

20. elan123 macrumors 6502

ewww Dare is horrible

21. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Here is hoping the people saying you cannot open a new line are wrong. I think it is all a crap-shoot about which CS rep you get. I keep getting told I will be able to open a new line when preordering starts online. Sure hope so. :cool:

I use a Straight Talk phone for voice, been using it since last fall when I became pretty convinced the iPhone would be here early 2011. I am a Vz customer with a Myfi though. :D

22. SchuettS macrumors 6502

I will be waiting until the iphone 5 comes out this summer. I dont want to get this version and have to wait 2 years to get a newer one.

23. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I was going to get up at 3am and order but no more $15 data plan means no thanks for me. :mad:

24. brando123b macrumors regular

As I have to work the next morning I will be setting my alarm for 2:30, get up, order and back to bed.

The wait is brutal. :mad:

25. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

or sell the 4 to buy the 5? That is what I shall do and selling it will be simple. That's if the iPhone 5 is even available on VZW in the summer. We may have seperate refresh cycles until/ or if they make a dual model.