Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fotomatt1

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
I placed a new order on Apple and cancelled my VZW order. Not paying $50 more to buy from them! At least I got my Apple order through!

anechcka

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2011
New Jersey
Had trouble ordering in my firefox browser (kept getting errors when I was entering shipment addresses), switched to Safari and it worked, yay. 32gb iPhone is miiiiiiiiiiiine.

Still waiting on the confirmation e-mail, printed the order confirmation just in case.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
You didn't? I got the option to put in whatever addressed I wanted it shipped too. I put my work address down for delivery and the billing info to my home. DId you use the VZ site?

Yes, I did, but I was also half asleep and trying to hurry on te order.. :p
You think if I called VZW tomorrow they could change the delivery address?

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
Yuck, I can't change the shipping address on Apple's site. :(

Think I might just reserve on the 9th and pick-up in store.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Ahhhhhhhh.... this was SO much easier than last year when the iPhone 4 originally launched! :D

Alpha Lima

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
If you ordered through apple and cant change the shipping address dont worry. I was the same, my address was slightly different dont know why. But as soon as it finished "processing" and i got my confirmation email i could go in and edit the shipping address. All is now good.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
Yuck, I can't change the shipping address on Apple's site. :(

Think I might just reserve on the 9th and pick-up in store.

You can change it after it's ordered. I just reviewed my order and saw that my apartment number was missing from the shipping address and went in and changed it on Apple's site.

Rodvette

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
So guys.....what now? do it all over again and play the waiting game for it to ship lol, who are the hardcore stalkers that will track their phones as it goes through boats and planes to get here lol

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
Are you sure it's $50 more on Verizon than Apple? That doesn't make any sense. The contract price is $300 for a 32GB iPhone. I got the New Every Two Discount for $50 as well so I paid $250.

I'd be cheesed if I could have gotten it for $200 instead by ordering through Apple.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
You can change it after it's ordered. I just reviewed my order and saw that my apartment number was missing from the shipping address and went in and changed it on Apple's site.

Are you sure you can change the street and city and state?

Can anyone confirm this?

macuserjhs

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2010
Nope, didn't either, and I've been done ordering for 10 mins. I'm thinking the confirmation e-mails might just be lagging cause of the huge volume of orders they're getting now.

Yea its been like 15 min so far for me, and my order status still says in process. But w.e i am sure i will get the e mail.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
I'm in a state of shock, lol. I ordered 10 minutes before 3AM, got my email confirmation, and I'm STILL refreshing Verizon's site because I can't believe it went that smoothly.

mo25

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2011
I can almost bet that there is a limitless reserve. I don't think they're going to sell out, even on launch day I doubt they will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.