This is the stupidest thing i've ever seen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bki122689, Nov 14, 2008.

1. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Biased but I think it makes its point. It's a cheap blow but thats how marketing works. Too me, iPhone wins every time. A lot of my friends own different touch screen phones, on different carriers. I play with them, and even with the nice features they have, I can't stand using them. The touch screen is lousy, hard to control, or doesn't work half the time. It's more than just about feautres, in which case none of these really bother me. That's not to say I think the iPhone is anywhere near perfect. It's not, but it's more than just a step ahead of any other phone on the market right now, IMHNBO.

4. bki122689 thread starter macrumors 6502

bki122689

iphone is also better than the new blackberry storm

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Good! However, I can't wait to try out the new storm for myself. Just to see how it works.

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

It speaks volumes when a company can't sell a product on its own merit alone.

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

This is true. This is very true.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yep.

I'm a Mac. I'm a PC.

Childish ads.

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Touché! I go back to my original statement of "its called advertising."

10. bki122689 thread starter macrumors 6502

bki122689

the im a mac and the iphone and instinct ads are cheap ads but really grab the consumer

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Which is the point of advertising...

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I was at the Downtown Berkeley BART station on Thursday morning and saw a young girl talking on her Instank, and she was talking and fumbling with her phone as she was trying to get something out of her purse, and the phone slipped from her shoulder and struck the ground and the battery, the phone and the flimsy back of her phone went flying and bouncing everywhere. When she picked it up she started crying. I tried to help her put it back together, but it was so banged up that the battery wouldn't fit into the phone and the case would not shut completely. I didn't know what to say, but I let her use my iPhone to complete her call. I've never seen an iPhone explode like that, so I guess "iPhone WINS!"

13. bki122689 thread starter macrumors 6502

bki122689

haha yay iphone.

but i would agree that apple is a total propaganda machine. They ad and remove features from their products and tell consumers that they will like it this way better. And consumers being comsumers, think that apple being apple and agree. Like for instance, on the new macbook pros, they said that by having all the inputs on one side would be better. in reality that sucks. what is you have an oversized usb input and then in covers up all the other inputs. you know what i mean?

14. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Another dead phone.

I hope I'm alone when I accidently destroy my iPhone, so I can cry in peace (and work out a plan to get to an Apple store and buy a new one before my wife finds out).

15. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Yeah but, if you drop an iPhone... SMASH! There goes the GLASS screen... iPhone loses.

16. metman787 macrumors member

Nah I've dropped my iPhone a lot and not even a scratch on the screen. Sometimes making me wince but it always takes the drop

17. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Theres nothing better when they spend millions on an web advertising campaign then wont bother to buy some decent bandwidth. Sorry Samsung, people don't want to wait forever to watch your adverts.

18. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

The funnest ipod ever, anyone?

19. daisuke07 macrumors regular

removing the battery ad :(

speech to action: the iphone can do that you just have to buy a free app

how about sprint does a commercial showing what the iphone can do and the inskank cant

im surprised they didnt do a commercial on mms

20. hugo7 macrumors regular

It does the right job

Well, no, it's not the most stupid thing I've ever seen (the Palin-Couric interview scores higher... or should that be lower?). The ad is a little economical with the truth by showcasing the strengths of the product (tv on Instinct is nice) and omitting any failings (apps on the Instinct anyone?) but that's par for the course in advertising.

In fact, it's quite funny in places, especially turn-by-turn GPS on iphone.

Anyway, the iphone has already proven itself to be a desired product in the market place. Roll with it.

21. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Hello I'm a Mac,

I have obviously never taken cheap shots towards a competitor or put out misleading ads ever.

Oops you beat me to it but the same sentiment is there. Many things on that site are actually true. The main thing I am not sure of about their claims is they say "for around $100 a month". That is very ambiguous is $70 a month around $100? I don't know and quite frankly don't care. I am not buying one anyway so won't bother looking into it.

They should be attacking the iPhone for its horrible reception. Show an iPhone and your product the same location and the iPhone has no signal.

Come on having the USB ports all on one side is really nice especially if you are left handed and want to plug in a mouse.

22. shen macrumors 6502

really?

damn, i will tell my wife to throw hers away since she has dropped it at least 8 times just when i am with her, a couple of them over 6 feet. damn shame, she really likes it too....

23. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

She keeps getting lucky. Trust me, if it's dropped just right, the screen will smash. It's glass. I've seen people drop it only 3 feet and broke the screen. If I were her, I'd stop dropping it because Apple does not cover broken screens in the warranty.

Do a search: http://images.google.com/images?cli...ped iphone&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

24. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'd say those are justifiable considering the computer market. It takes a lot of hammering to get people to switch from what they have used for a LONG time. I also don't recall any of them stretching the truth that much about PCs, except for maybe the one with PC counting all the money (although Jerry Seinfeld got paid a crapload of money).

To whomever pointed out the stupidity of the "funnest" iPod ever campaign: I'm right there with you. I know Apple gets to make up words, but that only extends to products. They might as well have called it the bestest iPod ever. When Bob Barr lost his House seat here after redistricting to another incumbent, I remember his ad with a woman saying "Bob Barr is gooder." Uh, he didn't win that one.

25. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Bear in mind this is the individual that exchanged his phone 6 times before finding one that is "perfect" He is probably looking at it with a microscope to check for flaws now.