This is the Verizon sucks thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sb2003, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sb2003 macrumors newbie

Ordered my Ipad-2 March 14th. Still No ipad after 2 weeks. They will not even give me a tracking number, and when I paid for it they said it would ship within 3-5 days overnight. Their customer service is lame, telesales lies about dates. They keep changing the dates. Definitely will not be signing up for another 2 year contract. Hopefully someone in corporate will lose their job.

Verizon = Major fail

2. 87am macrumors regular

Add to that the $35 fee EVERYTIME you activate the 3g service after turning it off.

3. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but that sir, is incorrect. Verizon's activation process is identical to AT&T's. There is no activation charge, EVER.

4. sb2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

How about....

Verizons $70 restock fee for an Ipad 2 cancellation. The one you never received.

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Now your just spouting out lies. There is no restocking fee for an item you did not receive neither is there one for an item that you receive but do not open.

6. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Why are you people ordering through third party resellers? That's as bad as buying one off of a street corner. AT&T is equally bad with online orders and neither company should have offered them. Order from the Manufacturer ALWAYS.

Now you know.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Wrong, if there hasn't been an activation after quite some time, they will charge you a reactivation fee.

With AT&T it could be 10 years and no activation fee.

8. sb2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

So stop sprouting lies

Verizon rep. Specifially told me. If I cancel the order now, there will be a $70 restock fee. Don't believe me call for yourself. Telesales 1-800-256-4646. Even better. Order one, and then cancel it the next day. So stop sprouting lies, or do you work for Verizon? Ahhhhhh

9. Built macrumors 68020

Unbelievable, yet not surprising. Verizon sucks.

10. Zeos macrumors 6502

If true, that's crazy. What does the fine print say when you're ordering it? Any restocking fee would have to be "clearly" stated to the buyer before they hit the Purchase button.

11. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

You are quite wrong. As you a Chicago resident you are well aware, the sales tax is 10%. If you purchased a 64GB 3G iPad 2 @ $829.00 then you paid $82.90 in sales tax.

Had you ordered from one of the numerous reptuable online retailers that do not have nexus in Illinois, you would have received free shipping and avoided $82.90 in sales tax.

Now you know that you were a patsy.;)

12. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

AT&T, Verizon, and almost every major 3rd party reseller has a location in IL and does tax. Amazon isn't selling them, and B&H photovideo seems like the only other place to get one tax free besides overpaying on eBay.

Plus, I'm stuck with $$$ in Apple Gift Cards! I'd rather pay a tax premium to have a manufacturer like Apple send me a product. The shipping estimates and info are real and they don't lie and cheat you like AT&T and Verizon seem to be with online orders that were placed day 1 still left unfulfilled. It's worth 80 bucks in tax to guarantee I get one.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This is a case of knowing your rights. You cannot be charged a restocking fee on an item that has not even been shipped. Restocking is the keyword here. If they did not ship stock there is nothing to restock. The only thing that they may be able to say is they had to order it from another supplier but we know that is not the case so just call them back and this time try to be nice.

14. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Just curious how something could be unbelievable but yet not surprising :D

15. Built macrumors 68020

Unbelievable and not surprising are two different concepts. Figure it out yourself.

16. sb2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

17. sb2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Let me know

If you know of a way that I can cancel my order without the 70.00 restock.

Thanks in advance

18. judeiscool macrumors newbie

judeiscool

Agreed!

i agree, i ordered my 32 black, on 3/12 nothing as of yet, no answers, no tracking nada! WTF!!!!!:eek:

19. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

Things like this make me SO glad Verizon screwed us over with phones 8 years ago. I never went back.. SO glad!

20. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

If they are trying to charge you a restocking fee for an item you did not receive what you should do is call your credit card which you placed the order with and tell them what happened with the misinformation they gave you and tell them how they are attempting to charge a fee and your card will take carE of this.

21. daleycss macrumors regular

all i am saying is... you knew what you were getting into with the fees.. dont go onto these discussion boards and complain. do your research before you set up a contract with a cellular company. all im saying is, 'tis your fault.

22. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Verizon and att sucks. That's why I skipped both and got a wifi only and tether it to my rooted evo 4g. I don't need another money sucking monthly bill. so it saved me 130 + the costly monthly bills. I won