This is what bending coverage has done for the 6 plus I carry

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

At work : is that a plus? Does it bend?
    So are you returning the plus does it bend for you too?
    I heard it bends do you have a case on it

With friends :
    LOL I heard your phone bends to your face contour
    I heard apple is in a lot of trouble because all iphone 6 bend
    I am going to wait getting the new iPhone how is yours is it straight?

It's become an embrassment to even take it out of my pocket because people have been commenting negatively on the device itself. Anyone else experience this too?

2. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

So it's gone past being just a monstrosity to a total joke.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

A couple of women at the gym today asked me about mine. Told them since I don't sit down with a phone in my pocket, I am not worried at all.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, what other people think of my phone really concerns me. I'm not sure what I should do. I'm thinking of going to iTunes and buying a self-esteem improvement book.

5. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Yeah, I heard that several times today and my phone isn't even getting here until tomorrow! I even heard the guys in the booth behind me at lunch talking about it.

Mine goes in a case and I wear baggier pants so I doubt I'll have any trouble with it bending.

I really couldn't care less what people think.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Best post of the day. #

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Everyone keeps bringing up the fact that it bends it's annoying.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same thing at my work today.
    Hey I heard the iphone 6 bends on its own.
    Sure, take a look at mine. Is it bend?:D

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, not everyone. Check the names. It's the usual suspects and a s couple of newbies that being their first post. It's not even a blip by MacRumors standards...

10. mjschabow macrumors 65816

I've become depressed because of this. I went from being the most popular girl in school to being called a slut, whore, skank, etc...

11. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

Don't care what think but that is all they talked about when I pull out the phone, it becomes an annoyance when i want to skip the discussion. It's a big annoyance having it in the hand basically. Especially last 2 days. I know mine doesn't bend but the converse doesn't stop. Annoying

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Dude, then for your health and happiness, you need to return that phone and get a 6 minus. If what other people think about your phone annoys you so, then getting rid of the phone will eliminate the source of ridicule. Although I suspect there might be several other sources, at least you can get rid of the one.

13. Glene macrumors 6502

Jeez, do you really care what people think? Ive had a few comment, i just smile and say "ill be fine".....amazing the people here that live their life on others opinions and responses....

14. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

Didn't i just say i dont care what people think but the converse is non stop

15. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

For somebody that keeps complaining about all the bending talk... you have started like 5 threads about this (non)bending issue, you contribute to it more than anybody else on this forum!!!

But now at least we know why it was so important for this issue to be swept under the carpet, cause the shiny new toy you had bought to brag with the ladies now makes you look like a loser....

haha, was that you I almost ran over earlier today, pretending to be on the phone on your 6+ in the middle of the street?

Got to tell you, with this kind of personality, it probably didn't take the 6+ for you to be looked as a loser

16. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Seems like people here are constantly looking for proof that their material purchases are deemed "the best" by society. It has an impact on their social worth, they want others to give them attention and be jealous. They thought Apple products were a safe bet, but they are letting them down.

Well, you know what, **** happens. Apple has grown, they are making more products at a mass production level, and in a big corporation sometimes quality gets lost in the red tape and deteriorates.

And if someone's opinion of a phone causes you any distress in life, you need to reevaluate your self esteem. You are are a person, not a set of material goods. Someone named Tyler told this to me once.

17. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

People are always looking for the negative with iPhones ... It will pass by like the past negatives... Everything bends or breaks with enough pressure .. I'm enjoying the hell out of my 6 plus :D

18. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

No I am not a narcissist who keeps insisting 20 users equals a 20 percent problem. Being a realistic I know the situation can change with more people using it more but I am not a pessimist or an opportunist or a troll who cannot understand perspective of a situation and labels a situation without looking into the future so I know people will comment now in public and I might join myself doing it if it's major or I might laugh at people like you who insist it's a broken product. See I am just annoyed at people commenting on something but at the very least unlike you I know objectively I will change my opinion if it's worse unlike you who thinks 20 people means a recall. You can suggest I am a loser for calling out your jumping to conclusions but I am a bigger man than you considering I will agree with your current perspective if it's a mass problem beyond industry standards so if that is being a loser then I am glad that I am one in your view

19. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

A buddy of mine who was all set to get the Plus is having second thoughts about it now. He has been asking me how I like my 6 (I love it) so he may pass on the Plus and just get the 6.

Every time Apple releases a new product there is an x-gate. It's an obsession. Honestly from the day they introduced the Plus I thought it would require additional care. I don't think the Plus is a pocket phone. I think the 6 is. I think the Plus is ideal for a purse or a man purse or a backpack.

20. 8rlee8 macrumors regular

This is what bending coverage has done for the 6 plus I carry

Funny because I walked into work this morning and a co worker says "did you get the iPhone 6?" And I say yes and show it to her, saying it's the 6 plus. Three other people walk into the office comparing their Galaxy S4's size to it and ask if I heard about the bending issue on the news. I had to put them in their place saying any phone made of metal is going to bend with excessive force. Then one co worker starts talking about iPhones screens being more susceptible to cracking when dropped and makes a joke about it. I so badly wanted to tell her to shut up and realize her Galaxy phones screen is made of glass too.

21. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Embarrasment? Wtf man who gives a **** what people says the 6 Plus is the ****ing **** and so is the 6, is your 6 Plus bended? If it was then understandable but i doubt it is, just turn up that brightness on that great ass screen let it shine people will notice and glimpse the screen

22. gagecloutier macrumors member

Yeah, was sitting in class today (in college - a business class) and some smart*** behind me saw me using my 6+. Made some type of remark like "can you bend yours too?" Sure, dickwad, let me go ahead and try to break my $500 investment in half. That's basically the equivalent of me saying "hey, can you throw your GS5 on the floor too like the drop tests?"

Nonetheless, I couldn't care less what he said/thought. I spend my money as I please and I don't need to be judged by others on what it's spent on. I could've remarked about how god-awful TouchWiz is on his GS5. But did I? No. I took the high road because I'm a more mature, professional, and respectable 21 year old. His mommy and daddy probably bought his GS5, I bought my 6+.

TLDR: I don't give a flying **** about what other people think about me and/or my possessions.

23. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

24. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Who cares, the 6 and 6 Plus are actually more durable then the 5S/5, more scratch resistant, can resist dents better and less internal damage, rubber gaskets on the volume rockers to prevent water from coming in asap, fairs good in durability testing

It actually beat out the Galaxy S5 in squaretrades testing so

25. lke macrumors 6502a

You can view things as positive or negative.

If you view the positive thing of this you are the center of where you go, all people see you and your iphone 6 +. You are atracting more views for ladies and everyone.
    You are sexier having and iphone 6+

If someone ask you about the bend issue you could explain them that since the iphone 5 there has been this issue and because it is larger you have to take more care.

Enjoy your iphone 6 + and think that everbody would like to have one but they will not find it some weeks or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.