Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7roca7

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
When i picked up my phone at the Apple Store i had the sale's person do the update first before anything else. He didn't know there was an update so he asked someone, and they just pluged into a laptop, and did the update. Then he set the phone up for me to use because i was not going to use a backup. First time i went into iTunes i was asked if i wanted to use a backup or new phone. I clicked new, and went right into iTunes w/o having to do anything else.
The phone work's fine, and the only problem i had, was he set up iCloud for my contact's. Had a few hundred contact's i haven't used for year's, so i just deleted them. Figured that was easier than entering in all the info?

supervelous

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Restored mine from backup and it was taking forever and seemed like apps were "hanging". Wondering why it was taking so long especially when I have fast internet. Turns out at the time my movies and tv shows were downloading, checked iTunes download section. I had about 40 gb worth so it took quite a while.

So if you have just a couple apps that seem like they're not updating/downloading it could be that they're queued up and music or videos are downloading. After videos finished my last couple apps finished up quick and I was on my way. Not saying that's everyone's problem.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Hmm.. so looks li

On your old iPhone, when was the last iCloud backup? With your 6S, after iCloud restore, can you do an iCloud backup?

My iCloud backup is fine yesterday until I upgraded to 9.01. Now the iCloud backup kept on failing...

I had to delete my 6+ backup in order to make room for my 6s+ backup. Other than that, the back up has worked fine.

KriStellar26

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2015
My restore took forever (from iTunes backup of my iPhone 6)!! It worked, no issues.. But probably took over 5 hours. I had to leave it overnight Friday night. My music is what took the longest. And I only have about 14 GB of music on there.. Not sure what the delay was...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.