Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Meta on Thursday announced it is adding reposts to the reverse-chronological Following feed in its Threads app, a decision the company said was made based on user feedback.

instagram-threads-app.jpg

The addition was announced in a Threads post by Instagram head Adam Mosseri, who also revealed that a reposts tab was being rolled out to profile pages, allowing users to more easily view all the threads they have reposted in one place.

The reposts tab hasn't yet appeared for most people using the iOS Threads app, but it can be viewed on the web if you visit your Threads profile page.

The Following tab was added to the fledgling social media platform late last month to make it easier to keep track of the latest posts in real time, and to bring it more in line with its rival Twitter, now known as X.

Meta launched Threads in July as an alternative to X, which has seen several controversial changes since being acquired by billionaire Elon Musk last year.

threads-reposts-on-web.jpg
The new reposts tab, currently only viewable in Threads web profiles

Twitter threatened to sue Meta just hours after the Instagram parent company launched Threads, accusing the company of "unlawful misappropriation of Twitter's trade secrets and other intellectual property."

Meta responded to the lawsuit threat, saying that none of the staff working on the app are former Twitter employees.

Article Link: Threads Begins Adding Reposts to Its 'Following' Feed

Last edited:
Reactions: Neeldenn

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
Twitter is a hole, just like the rest of social media. A clone of twitter with much less features and an increase of arbitrary and ambiguous censorship is a hellhole I will never use. Wouldn’t trust Zuckerberg to make me a cup of tea. I use Twitter for a few reasons: is the only big social media website that’s mainly text based. Is as impersonal as you want it to be. Has great mute functions especially if you don’t want the see a certain topic again or temporarily, and it makes replying to people seem lively and interesting.

Don’t get me wrong, it I could click my fingers and disappear smartphones from the world I’d be tempted.

ForkHandles

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
Wouldn't it be great to have an International Day of Abandoning X for Threads. A date where all content creators just post there instead of X, maybe just for the day.

I don't mean to hail Threads as a saviour to the world, Zuckerberg really isn't the answer. But it would certainly rock the boat in Musk's world.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Does anyone care? Jeez this whole twitter debacle has turned into such a thing yet no one cared about twitter in ages either except celebrities
It is similar to the "If X person wins the election, I am leaving the country." People made it into a big deal when pretty much everything remained the same (those who like to be the loudest are in the minority) and that's why Twitter is still doing what it does and Threads still sucks lol. (and yes I get they rushed it out but weeks later it still is missing a ton of basic features).

Odan

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2023
All I see is people saying there’s nothing there, plus I deleted Facebook 15 years ago so why would I open another suckerburg account?! I trust him far less than Elmo, that’s for sure…

pugxiwawa

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
haha people really think they should trust suckerberg who likes to listen in on conversation. Go ahead test it out and browser FB to see the same topic showing up as ad.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Good to see they're continuing to add features and seem focused on what people have been saying they want in it. They still have a ways to go to really make a real alternative to TwiX (although TwiX's grand leader choosing to delay link openings to sites he doesn't like this past week, continues to give reasons for users to flee) - web based ver needs to be there and they have to have the EU taken care of, but they're getting there.

nicolas_s

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
It’s not banned, Meta just doesn’t want to bother at this point.
They technically can't enter the EU market even if they wanted to so it's still a ban

But I can't wait for the web version to come out so I can use a VPN to bypass the EU ban and give it a try

Reactions: missingar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.