Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
MacShrine has posted 45 screenshots from Tiger build 8A351, as a directory of images. There is no thumbnail page yet.

Version numbers shown: Mac OS X 10.4 pre-release, Build 8A351 [images 006 and 011], Automator 1.0 (30) [image 041], Dictionary 1.0.0 [image 001], iChat AV 3.0 (v364) [image 027], and Mail 2.0 (693) [images 015 and 028].

Also included are screenshots of Spotlight and selected System Preferences panels.

Some mirrors: one, two.

MagnaPalam

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2005
Houston, TX
kewl pic 4 lets me know about what I wanted to know about spotlight, if I can hide files/folders from the unwavering eye of spotlight. not that I have anything to hide, right? :D

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Nice. Shows some useful features that I've not seen before - such as the "prevent spotlight from searching here" tab...
Can't wait for the real thing.

wtmcgee

macrumors regular
May 21, 2003
Orlando
Very promising. Looks like they're just squashing bugs and putting some final polish on the UI before releasing it into the wild. I'm hoping for a Q1 release but we shall see. I'd rather have a final working product and wait a few more months than see something rushed out the door.

Iroganai

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2003
Yummy.

Several points I noticed:

• Freefall is now listed in the Apple provided screen savers
  • What's Dictionary.app ? Has any rumor site mentioned this ?
  • Spotlight button on the rightmost of the menubar is now subtler than WWDC version. I like this better.
  • Finally but most importantly: s/he who took the screenshot uses Unsanity's APE on Tiger prerelease! Totally unbelievable.

Edit: some typos

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
I can hardly get the pages to work... and when I did get to the directory, it gave me a connection error when I tried to dl the pics.
I was going to make them into a thumbnail page, if it wasn't too illegal...

Matthew

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
maya said:
Thats what everyone says, before they breakdown and give in. ;) :)

You mean "before all new Apple software starts requiring it." :D

Only kidding... I'll be in line at 6am to buy it! :D

Private Public

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2004
North Texas
Iroganai said:
Several points I noticed:
What's Dictionary.app ? Have any rumor site mentioned this ?

do you remember steve showing off dictionary at MWSF? dictionary support is now built in.

something I think should be just standard on a computer anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.