Tim Cook Changes Twitter Name to 'Tim Apple' After President Trump's Name Flub

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, Mar 7, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In a meeting of the Workforce Policy Advisory Board yesterday, U.S. President Donald Trump mistakenly referred to Apple CEO Tim Cook as "Tim Apple" in a flub that quickly spread around the internet.

Cook today joined in on the fun and changed his name on Twitter from Tim Cook to "Tim ?," referencing Trump's mistake.

[​IMG]

During yesterday's meeting, Cook was sitting right next to Trump when Trump referred to him as Tim Apple and he managed to keep a straight face at the time.
    Trump's mistake went viral on Twitter, spurring endless jokes and comments, especially because it's not the first time he's done it. Last year, he introduced Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson as "Marillyn Lockheed."

Cook was at the meeting because he's a member of the Workforce Policy Advisory Board. The board was put together to make recommendations on policies to "to develop and implement a strategy to revamp the American workforce to better meet the challenges of the 21st century."

Note: Due to the political nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.

Article Link: Tim Cook Changes Twitter Name to 'Tim Apple' After President Trump's Name Flub

2. garylapointe macrumors 68000

garylapointe

Oh my!

I'm not sure if that's hysterical or rude. But I'm okay with it either way :)

3. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

4. thasan macrumors 65816

5. twocents macrumors regular

twocents

Apparently had to wait for Trump's say just to change his username. Strong leader material that Apple needs rn /s!

6. macfacts macrumors 68040

macfacts

The Donald loves his Beats by Dre and iPhone by Tim apple.

7. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

8. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

i think it's just a distraction, he will change his name to tim jobs after this.

9. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Everybody here is laughing, but we're overlooking the fact that Bill Microsoft wasn't invited to this advisory board, and I think that's a real shame.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

As I pointed out elsewhere on PRSI it's not uncommon for presidents (or any human being) to make mistakes like this one. It just happens.

11. SkippyThorson, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019

SkippyThorson macrumors 68000

SkippyThorson

Tim managed to take something half the world would find negative, turn it into a joke, and it was entirely harmless. This is how the world should be. Well done, my good man!

In other news, how many times can one person come off so disingenuous by flubbing the last name of a person for the company they work for on the world stage? You know, little-known Apple.

I suppose if his brand is Trump, and his name is Donald Trump, mistaking Donald Trump for Donald Trump is totally reversible... So... He's only caught when the company doesn't match the last name! Which is pretty rare-- Oh.

The piece of scrap paper in front of him lists names and companies they work for...
    Marilyn, Lockheed
    Tim, Apple
    Donald, Trump
    etc...
    The commas just blend in, you know, so, well, it looks like one name...

12. acblue94 macrumors regular

acblue94

Lol. See the trend. Ever think it wasn’t a mistake. Twice with the companies name as a last name.

13. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

But ... the pattern of such gaffs is disturbing.

14. ThaRuler macrumors regular

ThaRuler

15. WatchFromAfar, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019

WatchFromAfar Suspended

WatchFromAfar

Does no-one see that how the leader of the "Free World" doesn't know Tim Cook's name shows how little Tim Cook's name actually means? (Outside the Bay-Area bubble of course)

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

There is no pattern. They talk for hours in front of cameras, it just happens. In a span of three years he called two people using the company as their last name. Big deal.

17. synergize macrumors regular

If Trump and Cook had a few beers together and got buzzed, Trump could call Cook: Tim Apple Sauced.

18. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Shouldn't it be :apple: Tim? I don't think Phil Schiller would be too pleased with the order of this nomenclature.

19. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

20. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Please take this free advice: if your comment makes it to @AngerDanger's bingo card, you're really not original and need to think of some new material.

MacRumors Bingo.jpg

21. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

LOL!! Nice!

Trump getting the name wrong isn't surprising...

22. kemal macrumors 65816

kemal

Next change your Twitter name to "Tim has a Mac Pro for You!" and I will fall in love with Apple all over again.

23. newyorksole, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2019

newyorksole macrumors 68040

Damn... This is all companies/CEOs/celebs have to do is acknowledge memes/running jokes and everyone loses their ****?

Amazing.