Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Truly awesome. I enjoyed the clip and the use of the iPad was perfect.

The only thing was how much Billy Joel has changed. The loss of hair and the weight gain through me off for a second. Still a great moment. Congrats to the developer who is now rich beyond expectation.

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
Now to see if this will beat the record for most retweets (not gonna happen).

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I wonder if Fallon is endorse by Apple, he's been using macbook since late night.

I know back when he was at 12:35 (late night w/ Fallon) apple was a sponsor.. At the end of the credits there was a promotional consideration by Apple. Also when he had audience members do contest they normally won an iTunes/apple gift card. He also obv. has an MBP/mouse/KB on his desk as a product placement.

I don't know however if it transferred over to the Tonight Show.

Either way great vid. I could see this being used in a commercial somehow. I never knew Joel could go so high in vocals. I saw him at MSG in Jan. awesome show. My parents are going tonight :(

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Meanwhile LeBron James lost all his data on his Sammie phone/phablet.

Last edited:

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
iOS only!

This is cool, because this kind of music app, using real-time low latency audio, can't be done at all on the vast majority of Android devices. An ancient iPhone 3GS has much better audio timing than all but maybe one or two of the newest Android devices.

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Samsung is arranging to pay Shaquille O'Neal $100 Million to do Gangam Style with Psi as we speak....

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I wonder if Fallon is endorse by Apple, he's been using macbook since late night.

I'm pretty sure he's been a Mac user for a long time. His skits on SNL revealed that. The one I especially like is the one where he's the tech guy that comes and fixes all the computers and it's definitely Apple lingo that he uses.

He also di another skit where he was a college blogger and taking videos of himself in his dorm with a Mac.

I'm not saying that it's beyond impossible for him to be endorsed by Apple, but I don't think that was the reason he started using Apple products.

DIRSGT

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
NC

beejam

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
Indeed, I suspect sales are going through the roof at this point - you can't buy this type of attention.

Well, the dev just got $2.99 from me for the iPhone version. Looks like a fun creative thing to do with the kids while teaching them rhythm.

Also the app is from a small dev (actually just one guy) and I like to support that.

JAPrufrock

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2009
Color me a skeptic - but I'm not sure it was unrehearsed. These moments rarely are.

Of course not. That in no way detracts from the delight. And I doubt they did it ten times to refine it -- neither of them has time for that kind of effort.

Kudos to them -- what a fun thing to see.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Of course not. That in no way detracts from the delight. And I doubt they did it ten times to refine it -- neither of them has time for that kind of effort.

Kudos to them -- what a fun thing to see.

I wasn't trying to marginalize the video at all - loved it myself and have shared it a lot this morning (before it was posted here).

I was only responding to the idea that it was completely off the cuff.

jadot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
That's great Tim, where's the RAW support for the X-T1, and while we're at it let's get on with a new version of Aperture.
Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.