Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I find it utterly fascinating that you know all about what the HomePod will and won't be, based on a teaser introduction at WWDC.

I, for one, suspect that there's additional tech built into them that won't be mentioned until later this year.

You call a product announcing a teaser?

They went into a great detail about how they were going to "reinvent" home audio and, in my opinion, failed to back up that statement.

Your assumptions that the HomePod has a lot more tricks up its sleeve is utterly fascinating.

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
I think most have figured out by now that Cook is no Steve Jobs, and if the company keeps going as it is it'll be a memory like Pan Am, TWA and a lot of other big name company's of the past. Cook seems to worry a lot about politics and world events rather than thinking about Apple.

gri

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
New York City, aka Big Apple
"how much time Cook spends thinking about his own legacy -- in the context of Steve Jobs -- to which Cook plainly stated, "None." "

Maybe he should think about it more... As it shows that he doesn't.

Sy7ygy

Suspended
Nov 16, 2012
That's right Tim, the sponsors/ shareholders are reeling you in after your recent public antics. Hold onto the strings like a good puppet.

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
God bless Trump for not just making America great again but also STRONG again

Tim Cook would have us apologizing to the world everyday if he was president
Trying to understand in what reality being alone against everyone else, allies and enemies alike, makes America stronger. Basic logic seems to say otherwise, but I guess that logic and facts don't go very well these days.

Reactions: eatrains

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
No, but climate change is the biggest environmental hurdle we all face right now.

How do you know he meant with respect to the US's environment? I highly doubt that's what he meant.
Doesn't matter if he didn't say it, the fact is that immigration and overpopulation are bad for the environment

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Doesn't matter if he didn't say it, the fact is that immigration and overpopulation are bad for the environment

Then you're taking his words out of context. Show me proof that immigration has a measurable impact on climate change.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
Take a look at how the major tech stocks have performed over the last month's choppy investment environment. Ever notice how the more Timmy runs his mouth the lower AAPL goes?

A stock's performance can be made to look good or bad depending on what time frames you compare - but AAPL remains highly undervalued and there is a reason for it. Two words - Tim Cook......

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Take a look at how the major tech stocks have performed over the last month's choppy investment environment. Ever notice how the more Timmy runs his mouth the lower AAPL goes?

A stock's performance can be made to look good or bad depending on what time frames you compare - but AAPL remains highly undervalued and there is a reason for it. Two words - Tim Cook......

False sense of cause and effect.

Nothing can stop what is reality and the reality is Apple will remain profitable for many years to come. AAPL is up from $90 a year ago and long term investors like myself will be rewarded.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
False sense of cause and effect.

Nothing can stop what is reality and the reality is Apple will remain profitable for many years to come. AAPL is up from $90 a year ago and long term investors like myself will be rewarded.

So - it was $100 almost 5 years ago. Investors have doubts about Apple's future (look at the low multiple it still trades at) - that is on Tim Cook. Innovation / one trick pony / constipated pipeline - all of those are conspiring to keep AAPL at such a low multiple.

fermat-au

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
Australia
Translation: "my political opinions are the only ones that matter because I'm right and they're wrong".

"my political opinions are the only ones that matter because I'm right and they're wrong"
This could have been said by either Trump or Cook. They have more in common than you may think.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
So - it was $100 almost 5 years ago. Investors have doubts about Apple's future (look at the low multiple it still trades at) - that is on Tim Cook. Innovation / one trick pony / constipated pipeline - all of those are conspiring to keep AAPL at such a low multiple.

AAPL stock split 7 ways in 2014 buddy.

Every share is worth 7x if you held shares in 2014.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.