Time to finalise decisions . . .

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Apr 5, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Five days till pre-order.

I've changed my mind on my "absolutely final decision" a number of times, but the time is fast approaching when I'm going to have to commit.

I think I've narrowed it down to 42mm SS with classic buckle or 42mm SS with Milanese loop.

Anyone got any arguments to push me one way or the other?

I've ruled out:

Sports strap –– cheap looking on an expensive watch, rubber maybe sweaty, bit ugly round the back
    Link -- way out of my budget
    Modern buckle -- probably too feminine and only available with 38mm which is probably too small
    Leather loop -- can't decide which size would be right for me (my wrist is 178mm) worried about how much overlap there'll be
    Sports watch -- no strap flexibility, no sapphire screen

2. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

I prefer the classic buckle over the Milanese loop. However, if you are planning on getting a leather loop band in the future I would get the Milanese loop with the watch. This way you have a couple different looks to choose from. The clan buckle and leather loop would be too similar to me.

3. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

My latest "absolutely final plan" is classic buckle now, Milanese loop in the future when I'm ready for a refresh.

This plan is subject to change. Ahem.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I think Classic Buckle is a "safe" bet. Choose Milanese Loop if you wanna show off. You won't go wrong with either choices.

5. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Your really think the sports and sports band will look. 'Cheap'?

It's been a concern of mine..

6. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

I think it makes sense on the Sports watch -- that's a great watch, but it doesn't look like a classy piece of jewellery.

It seems a bit out of place on the SS. And it doesn't look great in photos. In my view.

If I'm going to spend over £500, I want something that's going to look like I spent over £500.

7. Dave245 macrumors 601

I agree with you the SS looks more like jewellery, however I will be using mine while exercising and through the day so I hope the SS can stand up to that. I really like the look of the blue leather loop but I will also be buying a couple of sport bands for the gym/exercising.

8. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

I think the Milanese loop - if you're happy about the magnetic clasp

9. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

I'm waiting for the 'Okay last minute final decisions/final thoughts' thread.

10. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

I think the "Oh no! I ordered the Milanese loop and now I really wish I'd ordered the Classic Buckle" thread will be much more exciting :)

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Still have no idea. I like the SS with the white Sport strap as it looks a lot more like traditional jewellery and means I can buy a Milanese loop when my finances have recovered!

However, it's £180 more for essentially the same thing. Decisions, decisions.

On Friday, I think I'll go in and try on a 38mm SS and 42mm Sport then make my decision.

12. sterl320, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015

sterl320 macrumors 6502

I changed my mind a few times as well, but I've come to a decision. I'm going with the 38mm Silver Sport version with blue band. Then on the 24th, I'm going buy a black band as well, & will stay on the lookout for case skins. another post on here shows some from Spigen that can potentially look really cool.

----------

I don't think it looks "cheap", but it does look cheaper than the other choices.

13. mbhforum macrumors 6502

I'm getting the SS with sport band because it's the cheapest entry way into the Watch line. I know I won't return it because the sport band can always come in handy when at gym, casual, etc. This way if I don't like any of the other bands I don't have to return the whole watch and risk waiting awhile for inventory to replenish. Also, I don't have to stress if it's going to fit right since both sizes are included. I realize this method can cost $50 more but I figured I would have a use for the sport band here and there. It's not going to be my go to band as third party bands become available. I like the blue leather loop band which I might purchase separate.

14. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Modern buckle and Milanese are nicer than the classic buckle, which is very plain and very ordinary if you ask me.

15. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

That's just one more step closer to the "I ordered the Milanese loop and want to exchange it for the Classic Buckle, but it is the 15th day and the Classic Buckle shows out of stock. Will Apple let me exchange it and how do I get an out of stock watch today?" thread.

16. Presonance macrumors regular

Presonance

I'd go classic buckle. Much more versatile in terms of fashion.

17. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

My front runner so far is the ss with sportband. I'm going to use the watch for exercise so I'm going ss. I also don't want to sweat on the classic or Milanese so I'm going for sportband. Win win so far.

18. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

SS with SS band for me but i am thinking of getting a white sport band as an accessory

19. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

Hmm . . . I'm nudging towards the Milanese loop.

I'm really excited about the Apple Watch, but I was really excited about getting my new iPhone 6+. Now I'm blah about it. Well, it's great, but it's a tool.

I don't want to be like that with the AW. When I had my Tag Heuer years ago it gave me pleasure every single time I put it on. I want the AW to be like that.

As people have said, the classic buckle is a bit dull. The Milanese loop may be a little bit spectacular.

20. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

I was edging towards SS with black leather loop but I've noticed there isn't a lot of love for the leather loop.

Interested in feedback as to why it seems unpopular.

21. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

It doesn't matter what others think of it. What do you think? If you like it, get it. If not, then don't.

22. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

I like it. I think it looks great here:

[​IMG]

My worry is the purely over the sizing of the band.

23. dylman macrumors regular

dylman

At the moment my preference is to order the SS with sport band on the 10th, then pop into the Apple Store between then and the 24th to nail down exactly which posh band I want.

It's a bit annoying as it's £10 more expensive to do it this way, rather than buy the watch with the posh band then buy a sport band separately. Probably intentional.

24. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I was set ion buying the blue leather loop as a second band but I am not sure how well the leather will hold up to every day use

25. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm looking at doing the same although I may be tempted to preorder the second band online on the 10th if available. I'm looking at preordering the SS with the black sport band and either getting the blue leather loop or Milanese loop as a secondary band.