Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tidybc

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
PUERTO RICO, USA
I wonder if the "Plus" models have a longer ship date? I got my order in early but just got the 6s and still have the 9-24 date (at least that's what it says for now lol)
95% of plus preorders have oct ship dates. but probably you will get it on launch day because apple was promising 9/25 delivery date for all plus models almost 4 hours after the preorder started, that means they are more than enough so that this year things don't get messed up like last year.

Juansito

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
My eligibility date is October 3rd and AT&T straight up refused to budge. Even offered to pay the ETF of $95 and they said that would make me off my contract but wouldn't effect my eligibility date.

Frustrated but with my grandfathered unlimited I'm stuck with no decent options to switch to another carrier :/

Oh well

Bro just add a new line and wait until your old contract is over....then kill the new line.....if you were willing to spend 95$ to kill the etf you would still get the iPhone and save money.

willhart

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008
If i am using my mom's upgrade and getting an iphone. Before i plug it into my laptop/activate it. I should put my Sim card from my iphone 6 in it correct? Also do i then call AT&T and tell them that my mom does not have a smart phone and she still has her flip phone, so they can take off the data plan?QUOTE]

To do what you want to do, you'll need to go into an AT&T store. They can use her upgrade for your phone in store but not online, otherwise she'll have data added to her account and can't get it removed for two years.

Are you sure about this? I spoke to a lady on the phone at AT&T support and she said I could cancel my data plan on the other line after I switch it to my main line. I wanted to doublecheck if anyone has done this check.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Are you sure about this? I spoke to a lady on the phone at AT&T support and she said I could cancel my data plan on the other line after I switch it to my main line. I wanted to doublecheck if anyone has done this check.
I spoke with att and you can cancel the data once you add it. Also att will know she is using a flip phone so I wouldn't have to pay data for two years. Luckily att now let's you share upgrades

Reactions: willhart

willhart

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008
I spoke with att and you can cancel the data once you add it. Also att will know she is using a flip phone so I wouldn't have to pay data for two years. Luckily att now let's you share upgrades

Thanks Michael, I just wanted to confirm this with someone else :)

mr1581

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007

Actually if you ordered on att site this year they actually had a tab to be able to use a shared upgrade from another line which was a nice feature and much less hassle than last year when no matter what SIM card I put in the phone activated under the original line it was ordered on. I guess it only helps when all the lines are on the same account. So I'm not sure about your situation with your moms acct.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Actually if you ordered on att site this year they actually had a tab to be able to use a shared upgrade from another line which was a nice feature and much less hassle than last year when no matter what SIM card I put in the phone activated under the original line it was ordered on. I guess it only helps when all the lines are on the same account. So I'm not sure about your situation with your moms acct.
Hmm. A little more clarification needed here.. and maybe my situation is different than the one you're responding too. But a while back I made sure my wife's and my two lines (of a Family Plan - Mobile Shared) were such that every year, one of the two phones' 2year contract ends. My wife is never interested in the newest hottest phones -- so "I" always have a fully Subsidized upgrade path for a new iPhone each year. This is the year that I used HERS.. NOW.. when I 'get' the phone from UPS on the 25th.. And begin the activation process.. I don't want her 5S to cease from working for even a minute.. How do I activate the new phone to MY number? I've learned a while ago - it's still better to use any NEWER Sim card that arrives with your new phone..

Anyone with a refresher course on this for me? Thanks..

willhart

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008

For some reason, the phone line that I wanted to upgrade on didn't show up under the shared upgrade option. Other family lines showed up and said they would be available for a partial upgrade or be available for a full subsidized plan later this year. But if I upgraded my moms line, it gave me the full subsidized price.

But thanks for the suggestion. I hope they don't give me flak for moving it over and canceling the data plan. If they do I'm just going to return it.

willhart

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2008
Hmm. A little more clarification needed here.. and maybe my situation is different than the one you're responding too. But a while back I made sure my wife's and my two lines (of a Family Plan - Mobile Shared) were such that every year, one of the two phones' 2year contract ends. My wife is never interested in the newest hottest phones -- so "I" always have a fully Subsidized upgrade path for a new iPhone each year. This is the year that I used HERS.. NOW.. when I 'get' the phone from UPS on the 25th.. And begin the activation process.. I don't want her 5S to cease from working for even a minute.. How do I activate the new phone to MY number? I've learned a while ago - it's still better to use any NEWER Sim card that arrives with your new phone..

Anyone with a refresher course on this for me? Thanks..

Basically all you do is stick your sim card into the new phone and plug it into iTunes and it will register under your number. The phone isn't programmed to her number yet until you activate it with iTunes. But with your Sim card inside it won't touch her line.

mr1581

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Basically all you do is stick your sim card into the new phone and plug it into iTunes and it will register under your number. The phone isn't programmed to her number yet until you activate it with iTunes. But with your Sim card inside it won't touch her line.

yeah...just add your sim card... i'm just saying that they made it easier this year by allowing you to transfer upgrade eligibility prior to upgrading

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Thanks.. So if I want to use the newer SIM than I have to call ATT and give them the whole IMEI thing.. Something like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.