Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Apple has announced events on a Monday and held them a few days later many times, the most recent one in my mind was the iOS 4 event.

Secondly, it's only 10am on the East Coast of America, and most of the recent Apple events were reported on Engadget after 11am, there's still plenty of time for an event to be announced.

Calm down people :p

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If apple was going to announce something groundbreaking, I think there would be an event, with at least a weeks notice tO the press.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Apple has announced events on a Monday and held them a few days later many times, the most recent one in my mind was the iOS 4 event.

Secondly, it's only 10am on the East Coast of America, and most of the recent Apple events were reported on Engadget after 11am, there's still plenty of time for an event to be announced.

Calm down people :p

There isn't going to be any media event. It's obvious apple is preparing to do a silent update with spec bumps. Why do we need media event for?

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
There isn't going to be any media event. It's obvious apple is preparing to do a silent update with spec bumps. Why do we need media event for?

Oh it's obvious ? Source ?

Why would Apple wrap the pallets up so securely and threaten to remove reseller licenses ?

Why has their been no pictures or leaks of any sort a la Macbook 2010 ?

Why have Intel got a picture of a laptop with the Macbook Pro IR sensor which is super thin and black ? It even has the rubber lining around the bezel like the current ones do. Nobody goes to that much trouble to imitate a Macbook and then make it black for no reason.

I'm not saying there will be one, but the only reason i've heard so far for there not being a design change is that an event hasn't yet been announced, i've heard no logical reason why Apple wouldn't keep up with their recent trend of 3 year laptop refreshes.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Or it's possible Apple is planning on redesigning the MacBook Pro's but not having a huge event for it.

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Or it's possible Apple is planning on redesigning the MacBook Pro's but not having a huge event for it.

There's also that, just look at the Macbook 2009 redesign and the Mac Mini refresh as examples of that.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Oh it's obvious ? Source ?

Why would Apple wrap the pallets up so securely and threaten to remove reseller licenses ?

Why has their been no pictures or leaks of any sort a la Macbook 2010 ?

Why have Intel got a picture of a laptop with the Macbook Pro IR sensor which is super thin and black ? It even has the rubber lining around the bezel like the current ones do. Nobody goes to that much trouble to imitate a Macbook and then make it black for no reason.

I'm not saying there will be one, but the only reason i've heard so far for there not being a design change is that an event hasn't yet been announced, i've heard no logical reason why Apple wouldn't keep up with their recent trend of 3 year laptop refreshes.

Because apple wants to get rid of current stocks and as soon as these things go out on internet and no one will buy them?

That reason alone is enough to seal them in the black box and secure them.

Obviously, you are dreaming about redesigning. Can't wait to see apple update MBP again for the holiday season.

Apple has updated MBP twice a year in the past many times and this MBP will be outdated.

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Because apple wants to get rid of current stocks and as soon as these things go out on internet and no one will buy them?

That reason alone is enough to seal them in the black box and secure them.

Obviously, you are dreaming about redesigning. Can't wait to see apple update MBP again for the holiday season.

Apple has updated MBP twice a year in the past many times and this MBP will be outdated.

No, it's not. They don't ship black wrapped pallets of every product, that's why it's a big deal. I'm not dreaming about anything, you're just stating there won't be a redesign with no reason other than 'i dont think there will be.'

Hook'Em2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Plano, TX
I'm not sure if there will be a redesign, but if there is you better believe I'm taking my new 15" back for the new one. I stupidly bout one 1 1/2 weeks ago due to being impatient.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
No, it's not. They don't ship black wrapped pallets of every product, that's why it's a big deal. I'm not dreaming about anything, you're just stating there won't be a redesign with no reason other than 'i dont think there will be.'

Tsk tsk... another fool's hope. If there was a redesign, then they would announce media event for wed or thursday.

Apple has redesigned MBP and iMac with press event.

In 2006, iMac got redesigned in late october with aluminum
In 2008, MBP got redesigned in late october with unibody design (October)
In 2009, iMac got redesigned again with 16:9 aspect ratio, SD card slot and LED backlit display. (October)

In 2010, Apple held Back to mac event in October and redesigned MBA.

Based on patterns, apple is most likely redesign MBP with thinner bodys and make SSD standard in October 2011.

Apple has updated MBP twice a year before plenty of times.

MBP will get sandy bridge with this update, yes. However, apple will most likely update MBP again this October.

This is based on their patterns. Do you have a solid proof that MBP will get redesign? No. You don't either. So, I am free to speculate as much as you do. So, back off?

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Tsk tsk... another fool's hope. If there was a redesign, then they would announce media event for wed or thursday.

Apple has redesigned MBP and iMac with press event.

In 2006, iMac got redesigned in late october with aluminum
In 2008, MBP got redesigned in late october with unibody design (October)
In 2009, iMac got redesigned again with 16:9 aspect ratio, SD card slot and LED backlit display. (October)
The 2009 iMac redesign did not have a press conference accompanied with it.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
The 2009 iMac redesign did not have a press conference accompanied with it.

Yes, but it happened in October for the holiday shopping. The point is apple has been releasing major redesigns for the black fridays and christmas shopping.

You guys are so blindly fooled...

Why don't you assure me again like others did that MBP will have

8GB RAM as standard
12-14 hours of battery life.
Sandy Bridge processor and nvidia integrated graphic card built in on 13 in MBP ( not possible with intel and nvidia situation right now. Apple will put in intel graphics card in 13 inch MBP, but fanboy say otherwise like this op.)

128GB SSD as standard.

I am being realistic. I am spreading false info? Then why the heck Samsung 9 series laptop that is only 13 inch with 128GB SSD and sandy bridge processor is being priced at 1699 dollars?

MBP ain't getting a redesign.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Yes, but it happened in October for the holiday shopping. The point is apple has been releasing major redesigns for the black fridays and christmas shopping.
First of all I never said the MacBook Pro was surely going to get a redesign? I was simply correcting your false information.

Second, your point was that Apple has always had a conference alongside a major redesign when this simply isn't true.

As for your holiday argument, the original 2006 Intel MacBook Pro came out in January and I can give you quite a few more examples if you would like me to. Apple has done a ton of major releases after the holidays. Including the upcoming iPad 2 that will be a redesign.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010
Ignore hcho3 - he is just bitter his shiny macbook will be outdated in a few days :rolleyes:

Poor fellow just wants to make others feel his pain too... I pity him :(

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010

You guys are so blindly fooled...

Why don't you assure me again like others did that MBP will have

8GB RAM as standard
12-14 hours of battery life.
Sandy Bridge processor and nvidia integrated graphic card built in on 13 in MBP ( not possible with intel and nvidia situation right now. Apple will put in intel graphics card in 13 inch MBP, but fanboy say otherwise like this op.)

128GB SSD as standard.

I am being realistic. I am spreading false info? Then why the heck Samsung 9 series laptop that is only 13 inch with 128GB SSD and sandy bridge processor is being priced at 1699 dollars?

MBP ain't getting a redesign.

You just don't get it. Nobody except you is arguing that there will be a design change, you're just stating there won't be as if it's a fact despite having no proof to back up your claim.

The facts remain that there have been plenty of times where Apple have released hardware changes without holding an event, you're the only one who is being blind by refusing to consider all of the options.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
If the mbp is going to be introduced on thursday, then there is no media event for it. The invitations would have gone out already.

Just a spec bump folks. I'm calling it.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
You just don't get it. Nobody except you is arguing that there will be a design change, you're just stating there won't be as if it's a fact despite having no proof to back up your claim.

The facts remain that there have been plenty of times where Apple have released hardware changes without holding an event, you're the only one who is being blind by refusing to consider all of the options.

Nope. you are blind because you decided to quote me on something that I speculate. I am being realistic and not blind. Stop quoting me so much, and maybe we can let these things go. But, I will remain with my opinion. I don't think there will be a redesign because I don't want to have a fool's hope.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Ignore hcho3 - he is just bitter his shiny macbook will be outdated in a few days :rolleyes:

Poor fellow just wants to make others feel his pain too... I pity him :(

I don't have Macbook pro or macbook. I only have iphone. How is my macbook will be outdated in a few days without me even having one?

People say I am speculating, but you are just assuming that I have one...

Sad.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
If the mbp is going to be introduced on thursday, then there is no media event for it. The invitations would have gone out already.

Just a spec bump folks. I'm calling it.

There is still plenty of time to announce an event. This is Apple we are talking about, they could announce an event the day of and the press would be there.

Plus it is only 8:36AM in Cupertino.

I feel if Apple is going to do a big refresh this year it will be at this time...that way people buy the new hardware now, then they do another spec bump at the Lion release. Then everyone who bought one now will be buying Lion in the summer.

Last edited:

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
hcho3 - didn't you just get a new 11" mba?

The thing is, all of your posts about the mbps have been to say that mbps will not get a design change, and you say it as if you have concrete evidence that you're right.

My opinion is that there is way too much going on in the rumor mill for this to be a simple spec bump (the 2010 update was much quieter overall). Even if there is no event, it could still be because Jobs is out of commission at the moment. But, this is all my opinion, and nobody really knows. I'm just speculating.

So, if you're not going to have fun like the rest of us, and do some speculating (vs just trying to make everyone lose hope), just stop posting. In the end, all you're doing is trolling because the mbps MIGHT get all the perks of the recent mbas which you incidentqlly just bought.

Sarngate

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
hcho3 - didn't you just get a new 11" mba?

The thing is, all of your posts about the mbps have been to say that mbps will not get a design change, and you say it as if you have concrete evidence that you're right.

My opinion is that there is way too much going on in the rumor mill for this to be a simple spec bump (the 2010 update was much quieter overall). Even if there is no event, it could still be because Jobs is out of commission at the moment. But, this is all my opinion, and nobody really knows. I'm just speculating.

So, if you're not going to have fun like the rest of us, and do some speculating (vs just trying to make everyone lose hope), just stop posting. In the end, all you're doing is trolling because the mbps MIGHT get all the perks of the recent mbas which you incidentqlly just bought.

Precisely, he has no proof. It's just as stupid as religious people who insist god exists or atheists who insist he doesn't. There's no concrete proof either way so the most logical position is to say that the Macbooks COULD get a design change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.