Too much iphone

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by superted666, Jun 29, 2007.

1. superted666 Guest

superted666

I see we now have 5 iphone forums,

Seems a bit intense seeing as we have only 7 for the previous devices released by apple, covering many many product lines.

Are we paying a bit too much attention to a phone?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

iPhone is THE product of the moment, a huge amount of visitors are here purely for the iPhone. Also the iPhone Purchaser Meetups forum is just temporary, so that will leave 4.

One for blog posts from Katie.
    One for general iPhone discussion.
    One for Accessories discussion.
    One for 3rd party Apps discussion.
    [edit]Full explanation of iPhone forums.[/edit]

I dare say that the forums created will be reviewed once the iPhone has settled in, but for the time being this is what we're going with. If some prove unnecessary then they may go later down the road.

3. Lau Guest

I suspect it's so that the "OMG were are u standing in line on West Street not East Street or other street in mi city" can be kept separate from the "OMG wat is the screen lyk on teh phone" threads, etc, etc. ;)

On other words, if people are gonna start these threads, they may as well be organised...

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

One of them is temporary. The others will live or die on their own merit...

Like it or not, Apple have made it clear that this is the biggest product launch of theirs for years. I'm only slightly interested in it, but I think it warrants this coverage and attention from us, especially when forum traffic is taken into consideration.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you don't like them don't go to those forums and do like I did and block them in the forum spy.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There is a lot of iPhone shenanigans and I'm not particularly excited about it - but a lot of folk are. Suppose it goes hand in hand with Apple focusing on the iPhone at the moment that we aren't getting any other rumours.

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

You think it's bad now just wait for all those threads bitching about the iPhone :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll get the "it scratches too easily" and the "lousy battery life" threads within hours.

8. superted666 thread starter Guest

superted666

Yea it is going to get annoying, if apple mess this up then as much as the fan boys here try hide it would be a big hit for apple.

Will take a look at forum spy so i can cut out the crap!

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

provided that there are no shortages i'd say things should calm down in about a week or so

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

"I dropped it on my gravel driveway and stepped on it and the screen is scratched. :mad: S*** PRODUCT DON'T BUY"

"Piece of s*** only got 23 hours of battery life listening to music."

:rolleyes:

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

No, no, no! All wrong. Open with the complaint (screen scratched, don't buy) and only then reveal how the damage was done (dropped on gravel driveway & run over. thrice.)

Much better. Here, you open with the swearing and complaining (although we know you're joking; the forum software would turn that into ****) and then explain why. Even better, you don't reveal your lofty expectations, just that the iPhone didn't live up to them.

Homework: Work up some postings about waiting for revision B. Three-page rant due Monday, first thing. I expect misspellings!

12. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

iPhone Forums on MacRumors

So are the new iPhone forums on MacRumors going to be permanently positioned above the Mac threads, or is that just a temporary thing?

Or is this already answered somewhere else?

13. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

In what location?

Forum Spy is just clogged from the massive iPhone posting. That's to be expected from anything new from Apple though.

14. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Agreed.

OP, are you sure you didn't accidently wind up in the iPhone forum? :p

I just went into the iMac forum and saw no iPhone threads on top (stickies or otherwise).

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I think he's talking about the main forum page...where iPhone is currently positioned above Apple Hardware, etc.

16. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've had them hidden the entire time on the forum main page. :D

Just like all the other forums I never plan on going to.

17. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

18. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

there were 8000 visitors on the forums today due to the iPhone. By that reasoning 50% of our forums should be iphone. :)

arn

19. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

20. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Eventually though, should not the iPhone forums move down below the Mac ones here at MacRumors?

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'd agree. Click this little "clear" button-doodad:

Picture 6.png

Plus, I'd rather it be at the top-- lessen the likelihood of iPhone-obsessed droids from posting in the wrong forum. ;)

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There's a good possibility that iPhone traffic will be the dominant part of MacRumors. Maybe AppleRumors will become the new name of the site. Wonder who owns that domain. :p

23. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Thats a good point.

24. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

If only that proved successful for me. Despite repeated tries at blocking them in the Forum Spy, they regenerate like new teeth on sharks after hitting the save change button.

P.S. Excluded forums have been updated ... thanks to new moderator devilot for her response to my PM.

25. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

**** tHAt this peice of **** Iphone keybord sucks don't buy this junk it sucks anyway,,,,I`m postng a polL.

Poll: IS UR IPHONE DEFECT???
    a) YES **** SCREEN
    b) YEs dDEFECT BATERY
    c) IT"s Just BAd