Touch ID in iphone works at 100%

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lke, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lke macrumors 6502a

One of the best things of the iphone 6 is the new version of touch ID, after using my iphone since release I never have a single day that touch id has failed

I can't say the same for my iphone 5S because sometimes touch id fail

The new version of touch id is perfect and it is one of top features to buy a new iphone 6

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I agree. I used to have two prints taken of the same thumb stored to increase TouchID accuracy on my 5s. On the 6, it's 100% accurate right out of the box with just one print stored (except for the rare occasions when my hand is wet but that's expected).

3. Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

Can't say the same for my experience. This iPhone 6 is my first time with TouchID, and I've tried to set it up a few times but it never works very consistently for me. My fingerprints are kinda jacked up though so obviously it's me and not the phone. The fingerprints on all my fingers tend to flake away and have multiple layers of skin, so it's hard for it to read them. :( Gets to be a pain in the ass to keep having to enter the passcode so I disabled it entirely. I don't need the security, but that's beside the point.

4. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

I haven't had it fail on me once (touch wood) since I got it on launch day

5. bushido Suspended

bushido

Works flawless for me. Has never not worked for me thus far

6. nox5 macrumors 6502

i had multiple 5s iPhones and never had single issue with Touch ID

7. iluvit macrumors newbie

i dont think so ...

my wife had iphone 6 and i play with it sometime , it was working 100% first day after later sometime not matching ,

iphone 5s was not good
    iphone 6-6+ was fix
    iphone 6s or 7 may perfect one

apple improve each level ,

8. Jase718 macrumors member

Jase718

The plus works every time. While my 5s only worked about 70-75%.

9. nox5 macrumors 6502

If you wash and dry your hand after a meal etc. Touch ID will work every time

10. TJone macrumors 6502a

I registered my right thumb 3 times. It worked great after that. It seems to work at 100%.

11. Xerotech macrumors 6502

12. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

Couldn't agree more; was just about to post the same thing, actually.

And what's worse, if any finger tip has just been in cold weather, handling a cold drink, or I've just washed my hands, the failure rate is 100% for all fingers.

This whole "3 prints and you're out" thing is a big pain in the ass, too. I hate hate hate having to then reenter my long iCloud and iTunes passwords, copied over from 1Password, in all the applicable apps during the next two hours.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Seems like a 50/50 kind of tech on my iPhone 6.

What's weird is that it's not back and forth. It comes and goes by day. Some days it works perfectly all day. Then some days it won't work at all. Then the next day, back again.

I'd understand if it just worked every other time, but this is kind of odd to me.

14. poncekim macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5s has been 100% for 9 months now. It was rough at the beginning, but after all the software updates, I have had zero failures. I wonder if there is some variation on quality control on the sensors.

15. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

When you guys say that it is not working x amount of time, do you mean that you have to enter a pin or that it tells you to try again and then it works?

16. puma1552 macrumors 601

Is it just me or is it such that regardless of device, touch ID is annoyingly slow to read your fingerprint? I find I still prefer typing my passcode.

17. Delmar macrumors 6502

Touch ID has worked great on my 5s for me. I just helped my wife set up Touch ID on her 5s the other day & it works great.

18. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Same experience with my 5s. My 6 I use today also works 100%.

19. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a problem with yours
    I can have mine scanned and phone open whilst taking it out of my pocket.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sorry but the best I can get is 4 out of 5 and sometimes not even 4. I have exchanged phones and my thumb is entered three times.

Still not dependable enough for me.

21. J.C macrumors 6502

I was amazed at the change from iPhone 5S to 6 Plus. Massive improvement to Touch ID. Then I updated to iOS 8.1 and now it hardly works at all!

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had issues, but once I redid my thumb prints, it seems to work. I've heard others stating the same thing as well.

23. cynics macrumors G4

My hands get to torn up for it to work consistently. It also obviously doesn't work through latex gloves which is annoying for me but like I said pretty obvious (keep in mind the touchscreen does).

24. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

True, I am seeing the same behavior on my 6. Since 8.1 Touch ID has gotten worse. Worked perfectly fine before

25. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Don't think it solved the issue of it failing if there any bit of sweat on your hands