TouchId lost my Fingerprint

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeorgeBell, Dec 28, 2016.

1. GeorgeBell macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone else has had their fingerprint stop working? Today my MacBook Pro touchID stopped working and asked me for a password after it went to sleep, after a few times of this I went into touchID in the properties, and no fingers are configured...I've had the Mac since day one, and had setup one finger, with no problems using touchID till this point...I have not gone in and removed it, and there is nobody else with access to my machine.

2. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

Yep. I came home from work last week and opened up the lid of my MBP only to find a kernel panic. Once it finished booting, I found that my fingerprint was deleted. It's only happened once but I've only had the MBP for 3 weeks.

My MBP is currently with Apple being "repaired" for a plethora of reasons.

3. tCC_ macrumors member

Had the same problem once, stuck on a black screen after system standby, rebooted the machine and my learned print was gone

4. enjo70 macrumors newbie

enjo70

I also have this happening several times now. It just happened now actually. I had to put in my fingerprint again.
    It usually happens when my MBP restarts for whatever reason...it happens actually quite often that it just restarts by itself. And sometimes it seems the fingerprint gets lost...very annoying.